(Topic ID: 18838)

WMS Indiana Jones: mode start hole adjustment?

By Rook

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IJ Start mode4 (resized).jpg
IJ Start mode3 (resized).jpg
IJ Start mode2 (resized).jpg
IJ Start mode1 (resized).jpg
deflector.jpg
IJ_Plate.jpg
IJ_Plate_Oblonged.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 9 years ago

Here's the deflector plate:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-6793

But I'd follow Markmon's suggestion and just take the damn thing out and line the rails with dead drop foam. Works like a charm. (I just did it!)

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Thanks, I saw this. Curious how it only lists Firepower and Flash as the only compatible games

It looks like the exact same one. You can always send it back if it doesn't fit.

2 years later
#50 6 years ago

Yes, that's what you need. Just take out the entire back plate and line the sides and back with the dead drop foam. It'll take you one or two pieces, but order five or so...you'll use it for other applications. And no, the stuff at Home Depot is for air conditioning...not for deadening the velocity of a pinball.

And you can try to leave the back plate in, but Chris at HEP and I both tried different things and the only one that truly worked was to just remove it altogether.

#52 6 years ago

Yes. Trial and error. Literally. You might also have to bend the small metal piece that guides the ball onto the POA. You want to make sure that it allows you to dump the ball into either lane. If not adjusted just right, you'll never get it into the left lane.

But really, it will take quite a bit of tweaking and patience.

#54 6 years ago

Ah! Well, that's pretty normal. Mine is leveled correctly, and I usually have to alternate the ball from one side to the other to keep it from flying off the wall and into the hole. I think it may have been designed that way with those little scoops on the side that fling the ball into the center.

What you can consider doing is putting a washer or two under the front support of the POA. This will lift it a bit so the ball moves a little more slowly and doesn't fly off the wall. But that would be cheating.

#56 6 years ago

I've got my game jacked to around 7.5 or even slightly more. Makes it fast as hell. No problems with live catches, although I suck at it.

4 months later
#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Hemispheres:

Hands down the absolute best fix is to remove the deflector and line the back to the left with one continuous piece of dead foam ending 34 of the way up at the the dish. Then we install a protector (we just make one with 1/8") and this will protect the opto and install longer screws in the plastic mounting screws. The ONLY way it is not staying in is if it rattles at the front off the posts and is not a direct shot. if it's direct no matter how hard it is 100%. Have done dozens this way. You MUST remove the deflector if you want it 100%. We also add a cliffy and then the shallowest screws to hold it in. This was a test protector. We make them from clear for better appearance.

Haven't you heard? That's cheating! I'm glad somebody agrees with me around here...

Quoted from KornFreak28:

What did you use to protect the opto?

I'll answer that: Nothing. The opto is a ramp entrance opto and is on the other side of the small guide rail. It's nearly impossible for the ball to hit that when being ejected--it would hit the rail first and careen away from the opto. Bigger concern is the diode on the underside of the upper playfield direcly above it, which normally gets squashed. But some enterprising young German (Austrian?) made a shield for it that's somewhere in this thread, I believe. Dude should sell that, stat!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 12.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-indiana-jones-mode-start-hole-adjustment?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.