Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Yet another issue with this Flash that I have been working on.

Now the machine is adding two players when the start button is pressed once. It does not always add two. Machine is currently set for freeplay. Boards have been rebuilt(new 40pin, etc...). All other switches work fine.

Original switch looks good. Good gap between the two contact points. No tabs/wiring shorting.

When tested directly at the driver board, the game starts only one player.

#2 9 years ago

Mine does that too sometimes. I haven't cleaned the Start Button yet though. Might just be sticking

#3 9 years ago

Probably just a little bounce in the switch. As aladdin said I would clean the start button mechanism and make sure it's not sticking slightly.

#4 9 years ago

My Black Out does that once in a blue moon. Never actually was concerned enough to look into it. Might be a leaky diode???

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from LEE:

Might be a leaky diode???

Not really possible.

#6 9 years ago

Hmm. Well I cleaned the button itself, cleaned the switch contacts, and resoldered the wires. Started working fine and then started acting up again. I cleaned the contacts again and so far, so good. We'll see.

#7 9 years ago

My flash had the same issue. Replace the connectors with trifurcon pins. Took care of my issue. You've got a bad connector causing it.

#8 9 years ago

All williams games of this era do this to some extent. Clean/adjust / replace the switch to reduce the chance of bounce.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Woolwich Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-flash-start-button-adding-two-players and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.