By Theonlylilo

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scheda alimentazione.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Theonlylilo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi friends. I'm going crazy for a friend's Gorgar...
He has an issue: when pushes both flippers over and over again, the pinball freeze itself (black displays and only G.I. turned on). He has a spare driver board and with it in the pinball the problem completely disappears.
So, he sent me the driver board for a check-up (my first thought was a bad reliability of interboard connector). Initally I did a test "as-is" in my Blackout and the flippers worked great. But I however updated the driver: new interboard connector, new resistors, blanking led... for another 20 years of home working! After the 2nd positive test in my Blackout, I re-sent the board to my friend... but the problem appears again with the "repaired" board and not with the spare one! On my suggestion, he changed the male connector on cpu but nothing good happens.
Do you have any idea on this strange behaviour? Mystery???
Thanks in advance

Ciao

#3 9 years ago

Thanks Mike for your support!
I checked the screws and are tight (only four... the upper two are missing in order to reduce the strenght on the interboard connector). Also the mounts are ok.
I read an old topic where a guy had a problem like mine: the pinball lock up when both flippers are activated at the same time.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-resetting-when-both-flippers-activate
A new C15 on the power board could be the solution? But, another time, this doesn't explain why the problem disappears with the spare driver board...

Ciao

Loris

#5 9 years ago

My friend has just sent me a picture of its power board...
C15 has been replaced when it purchased the pinball.
Any other suggestion?
I'm down...

scheda alimentazione.jpgscheda alimentazione.jpg
1 week later
#10 9 years ago

Why I don't receive any notices regarding my post updating? Sorry friends... you answered me and I didn't notice!
I bulletproof all my WMS pinball. All boards, all sockets, all caps... but this time the pinball isn't mine! I could only suggest the operations to be done
However I've an important update. My friend has a spare power board to be installed on the Gorgar. He changed only al the caps and the problem seems to be disappear with repaired driver board.
The last test could be recap the original power board and try it, hoping the result will be the same.
Another thing... the coils are new purchased from Marco.
In summary:
Original & repaired driver board - original power board = PROBLEM!
Spare DB - original PB = NO PROBLEM
Repaired DB - recapped spare PB = NO PROBLEM
Repaired DB - recapped original PB = ??? (He will perform the test in the afternoon)
Fingers crossed...
Thanks to all

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Theonlylilo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-driver-board-mystery?tu=Theonlylilo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.