You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Diner.jpg
ramppost.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Hi friends,

Trying to fix my Diner's broken ramp mounting post. Since it's impossible getting those unique parts 02-4269-4 and 02-4269-5 (3" mounting post and 4" mounting post), I would be very interested to hear what you fellow Diner owners did instead to fix the ramp mounting. I strongly suspect i'm not the only one this has happened too

Greets,

DaddieC

#2 10 years ago

Which ramp? Can you share a pic?

2 weeks later
#3 10 years ago

Hey SchonB, sorry for late reply. In the middle of this pic, just right of entrance to cash register ramp, is a bumper post. On top of that one i wonder what parts originally made up the ramp montage? I think there was either 02-4269-4 or 02-4269-5, then the ramp itself and then a 6-32 screw with washer on top?
Unfortunately those two 02-4269's are not available so i wondered how other diner owners did instead when those broke down?

Merry christmas fellow pinheads and happy new year!

ramppost.JPGramppost.JPG

#4 10 years ago

OK -- let me look at my machine tonight and see how it's configured.

Marc

#5 10 years ago

It is a post, similar to what is on the left side. It holds the ramp up. I can't believe that part is not available.

#6 10 years ago

I just parted out a water-damaged Diner playfield, so I'm sure I have the parts you're looking for. I'm sure it will need to be cleaned up/polished. I will look tonight and get some pics.

#7 10 years ago

The post is a 3/4 hex post, 6-32 threaded and the length of the body of the post is 2 inches. If I did my math right, this will work:

http://www.grainger.com/product/Hex-Standoff-6RU62?s_pp=false

#8 10 years ago

Are you missing the post on top of the left slingshot as well?

#9 10 years ago

Thanks for the great info Marc and for taking time measuring your ramp post. Was the base exactly 2"? manual mentions a spacer 02-4277-30, 6-32 x 1-7/8 inches?

I have the other one on the left slingshot. Its slightly shorter, body measures 1.8 inches.
Again, many thanks for the help Marc, Rccola and Methos. Really appreciated.

Best regards from the north

#10 10 years ago

There's no other spacer on my post. The ramp screws into the top of the hex spacer, which screws into the play field post. The hex post body was exactly 2 inches, not including the male screw that extends down to screw into the post.

#11 10 years ago

The post on mine was missing and i could not find a replacement. I bought the correct length hex spacer from bayarea amusments the spacer has female threads on both ends . I bought a piece of threaded rod from the hardware store cut it to length and installed in spacer using two nuts and some thread locker

#12 10 years ago

Ok, here's what it's supposed to look like, and I can measure the exact length tomorrow night. I can also send you the extra one that I have (it's a bit rusty as you can see in the picture laying on the playfield in front of the ramp). Diner.jpgDiner.jpg

#13 10 years ago

Thanks everyone for advices and taking time measuring and such. I think I'll try get the female spacer if available since i'm anyway need to order some more items. And thanks rccola for offering to sell my your spare, very kind, but the freight is expensive so i think its much easier just getting the female one if the female/male is hard to find.
Merry Christmas and have a happy flippin' year!

/DaddieC

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-diner-ramp-posts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.