6078A1B6-217F-411A-81A4-A1B190CD4E59 (resized).jpeg
B3DF73BC-1021-4F9E-8D25-740AB8CA1DEF (resized).jpeg
1538C66C-3992-48F3-92A9-33FDEB7C96E7 (resized).jpeg
3EB6D5F3-4D18-4385-92C4-181FA5EDAA74 (resized).jpeg
9F99880D-345A-4F01-B3ED-DF8E94901946 (resized).jpeg
2cc6ccaab0d61526989f18e09566233b4bbd6cb2 (resized).jpg
a963a6c44222895a5a12c17d83dbc824cb30ef81 (resized).jpg
opto_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mima.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

On my WMS BadCats -89 Sys11B the seafood wheel never stops at the awarded number. I decided to unmount the whole assembly to day to have a look at it. First the notch in the sticker line up with the notch in the base plate so that´s not the issue. As i looked over the circuit board I noticed that at some point in time the opto-interupter (that looks kind of like a lego-mans-legs) has been replaced.

Is it possible to mount the opto backwards and still remain functionality on the board, seafood wheel and game but get the wheel to stop at the wrong place? Or any other ideas of why my seafood wheel always stop on the wrong number? Is there a trim to set the default "start" point or wany other suggestions?

Cheers
/mima

opto_(resized).jpgopto_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago
1 year later
#4 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did you get your problem solved?

No luck yet understanding why it acts up. For now it is disconnected (to ensure no damage is made to any boards). Still looking for a viable answer tough. Got any suggestions?

#6 6 years ago

No damage will be done leaving it plugged in. Though try reseating 1J8 and 1J10 on your MPU board. These are the switch inputs from the playfield. As you pull out the connectors, look to see if you have any corrosion. If you do you need to replace the male/female pins. Though, it is likely when you reseat either one, it may work temporarily. At least on a game I worked on last week.

Thanks for your answer, however, the seafoodwheel worked/works but does not stop on the corresponding (rewarded) number and I had to (temporarily-long term) replace the original PCB with a RottendDog one as there where a few other issues on the original board that i have to address (the male connectors are brand new on the RD ). But ill look over the female IDCs again

#8 6 years ago

Did you change the U shaped opto on the seafood wheel?

If it is backwards, it will not work. The transmitter has to be lit all the time, which you can see with your camera phone. Think of the U shaped opto as a garage door sensor. Did you run the seafood wheel test? It should register the home position, which is the opto.

No I didn't change it. Yes I have :done all the tests.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 19.99
$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mima.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-badcats-89-sys11b-%e2%80%93-seafood-wheel-does-not-stop-at-the-awarded-nu?tu=mima and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.