• 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Coyote
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hey all -
Need a pointer.

Am in the process of rebuilding a Big Ben, and due to a phone issue, I lost ALL of my disassembly pics. So far, I haven't needed them, as most of the wiring has been pretty straight-forward.

Until I hit into the pop bumper switches..

I have two switches - one for scoring, one for the coil. One of the coil leafs is connected to the mounting foot. So the other three have solder lugs.

However - I have 4 wires needed to be connected up:
Orange (DC '-' voltage),
Yellow (24v AC),
White/Red (100pt Relay)
Bare wire (?)

According to schematics, Orange should be one of the Coil switches. The other should be a small jumper to the coil. My issue is that it appears as if the bare wire runs to the foot, making one connection to the coil. And my Orange wires won't reach down to the foot to be soldered on.

So, does anyone have a picture or know which wires connect to this switch? (Am I wrong about bout the bare bus wire?)

Thanks!

#2 3 years ago

Followup -
I BELIEVE I was able to track it down -
The bare run wire does NOT get soldered to the leg of the switch (it is the 'BLUE' buss). Instead, the jumper from coil switch to coil is on the leg there, and the two yellows go to the other side of the coil switch - which is why they wouldn't fit on the foot.

I won't know for sure until I power the game up and it blows up, but I believe that's it..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-74-75-pop-bumper-switch-wiring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.