Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Cheddar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have almost got this flash working perfectly. Upon booting the #1 Display and the first 2 digits of the #2 display are dim and flickering. In less than a minute they come on bright and clear. This sounds like the caps on the power supply right? Usually anything that gets better with time is caps.

Are there other causes of this?

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I have almost got this flash working perfectly. Upon booting the #1 Display and the first 2 digits of the #2 display are dim and flickering. In less than a minute they come on bright and clear. This sounds like the caps on the power supply right? Usually anything that gets better with time is caps.
Are there other causes of this?

Check IC11 (UDN6184) on the master display board.
This IC controles all the digits for player 1 and the 100.000 & 10.000 for player 2.

#3 3 years ago

So I removed U11 and put it on my chip tester. It said err but I don't know if the tester works on this series of chips.

I put in a socket and since I don't have another 6184 I put the old one back in. Wouldn't you know it's been working perfectly ever since. I'll leave it be but if it starts acting up again at least it's an easy swap.

Thanks for the assistance

#4 3 years ago

Update: it appears the problem manifests when the ship is cold. Booted it this morning and the problem was back. Found a ratty old master display and pulled one of the 6184s from it and problem solved. I'll check it again after it's been off for a while

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-4-flash-2-dim-displays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.