Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
Grand Prix Player Unit (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I have a William's Grand Prix that is set on free play.
Game resets all 4 players to zero upon pushing start just one time; Ball is sent to shooter and plays.
When ball drains, it jumps to second player then upon drain it goes to third player.
After drain on third player, it goes back to first player and plays through all 5 balls.
Upon starting another game you can push start four times and it will play all four players to end of game.

There is one other issue that I'm not sure is related to the free play issue.

The right bonus collect saucer will not kick out ball if bonus stepper is reset down to 5,000 unless there has been some points scored before the ball lands in the saucer. This does not occur on the left bonus collect saucer...
Also, the two red arrows pointing to the left and right collect bonus saucers does not rotate from left to right after each ball as it should.
I suspect this may be why the right bonus saucer does not kick the ball out sometimes.
Once there has been any bonus added on right side bonus collect, the kickout works just fine.

I do not currently have the schematics for this game but I'm sure to be getting them if I cannot solve this issue. Game is sold and customer is waiting on game to be complete. I have some time to get issue corrected as I am still waiting to get some parts and build a back door.

Any advice on bonus saucer and free play issues would be welcome.

Thanks,
Ed T

#2 3 years ago

You have a problem with the player unit and the right bonus unit.

First thing to do is check alignment. The bonus unit is at the end of the play field and many people set the pf down on the lock bar using the unit. The bakelight ( or whatever it is) square turns and won’t go to zero. Look at it and square it up by hand. This solves bonus issues 99% of the time.

When you fix that, visually inspect the player unit and you might see the same thing. Best thing to do is watch it move while you push the button and out hole.

Link to schematics are here: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1072

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from etolisano:

Game resets all 4 players to zero upon pushing start just one time;
When ball drains, it jumps to second player then upon drain it goes to third player.
After drain on third player, it goes back to first player and plays through all 5 balls.

The Ball Count Unit should advance each time the last player drains. When that happens is determined by the Coin Unit and Player Unit in the red box. The Coin Unit keeps track of how many players there are and the Player Unit keeps track of which player is currently playing. When the Ball Count Unit advances it fires the Player Reset relay which resets the Player Unit back to player 1.
Grand Prix Player Unit (resized).jpgGrand Prix Player Unit (resized).jpg
It sounds like you may have a poor connection through your Coin Unit since the first ball plays through several players but other balls stick with player 1. It could also be that the Coin Unit doesn't reset properly at the beginning of the game.

/Mark

#4 3 years ago

I would also check the switches on the Outhole and Ball Index relays in the diagram above for cleanliness and solid contact.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from etolisano:

Also, the two red arrows pointing to the left and right collect bonus saucers does not rotate from left to right after each ball as it should.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wm-s-grand-prix-on-free-play-and-right-bonus-saucer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.