You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
5f (resized).JPG
Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

On my Bally Wizard!, the center standup target awards 3,000 points and advances the bonus when it is lit, as it's supposed to.
But when it is not lit, most of the time, it does advance the bonus but does not score the 300 points it should. Where should I look?

#2 5 years ago

Check this switch on the Lite Center Target relay.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#3 5 years ago

This being a Bally, I would check the score motor sw. there as well.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Check this switch on the Lite Center Target relay.

Found that M&B switch on the Lite Center Target relay, it was adjusted properly. I've found that the Lite Center Target relay doesn't energize at all, ever. But when I activate it manually, the 300 point center light comes on. The Center Target relay is adjusted properly as well.

Also, the two lower pop bumpers which share both common and hot wires, do not light ever. But the upper pop which has a different common, stays on all the time. All three are supposed to give 10 points, and then 100 points when lit.

I found the schematic on the IPDB, but it's tough to read and therefore impossible to know which switch to check on the score motor.

Any thoughts?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Found that M&B switch on the Lite Center Target relay, it was adjusted properly. I've found that the Lite Center Target relay doesn't energize at all, ever. But when I activate it manually, the 300 point center light comes on. The Center Target relay is adjusted properly as well.

On the schematics above from HowardR, Lite Center Target is on Score Motor 9A.
I would also check 5F if you don't get score or bonus advance from that Center Target

Quoted from Alan_L:

Also, the two lower pop bumpers which share both common and hot wires, do not light ever. But the upper pop which has a different common, stays on all the time. All three are supposed to give 10 points, and then 100 points when lit.
I found the schematic on the IPDB, but it's tough to read and therefore impossible to know which switch to check on the score motor.
Any thoughts?

Top bumper is always on. The bottom two light through bonus flag #1. You'll want to check both Flip Relay #1 and Lite Bumper relay (all the way in the back on the left hand side).

5f (resized).JPG5f (resized).JPG
#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

the Lite Center Target relay doesn't energize at all, ever

These switches should activate the Lite Center Target relay

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Any thoughts?

I think Bally schematics are the easiest ones to read. Anyway for the score motor switch notice how it says 5f? That means it's the 5th cam from the physical motor itself. F usually means the 6th switch from the bottom of the stack where A is first (lowest), B is the second Etc.
All of that said it's very easy to follow the wire color code on the schematic. That's the Little Numbers in the Little Boxes by each wire there is a table that shows what each number represents as far as wire colors go. There is also a table of score motor cams usually on the side of the cabinet or on the schematic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-standup-target-not-scoring?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.