Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mrbanjo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

The spinner spins and sounds like things are coming apart! I expected a nice ding---ding----ding----ding but unbearable
Thought maybe it was the match rattling bad, or the 10 point relay, maybe the 10 score reel but all 4 players do it so it can't be the score reels?
Anyone experience this?

#2 7 years ago

More like a 'clacking'?

#3 7 years ago

Yes "Clacking" would be a great definition. Had my wife play it while I was around back with door off
(when ball shoots thru the spinner)
Thought maybe it was the match unit as it seems to work in conjunction with the 10 point relay?
But almost like it is the 10 point score reels, all players? Can't be normal.....can it?

#4 7 years ago

Maybe it's the chime unit rattling.

- TimMe

#5 7 years ago

I unplugged the chime unit, definitely in the back box

#6 7 years ago

On 10 points the match unit is working at the same time, sounds like two score reels at the same time...maybe the match unit is not working correctly

#7 7 years ago

What happens when the spinner is lit? Do you get approximately the same amount of points multiplied by ten for a direct hit? How about on the three other "players" score reels?

#8 7 years ago

Have someone trip the spinner while you're back there, or kinda reach around. Chances are you'll see the issue.

#9 7 years ago

I think part of the issue was the spinner switch contacts were way too close causing the score reel(s)
to "skip a long" still somewhat noisy...not as crisp as this example on you tube

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-spinner-had-to-listen-to and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.