• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201028_191114 (resized).jpg
20201028_191114 (resized).jpg
20201028_192047 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 3 years ago

I am restoring a Wizard and I found something strange on the coin chute relays. Complete switches in the stack with no wires. I'm not talking broken off, because there's no solder on the switch ends at all. Anyone ever seen this or know why they did this? I think the coin relay had a set also.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from TheAnvil:

Switch stacks with unused terminals is probably not incredibly uncommon... not every switch is manufactured, game specific.
If they can put the same switch in a multitude of games, they will, just to cut down on part numbers.
My confusion lies in these wires in my machine... so far nothing has lead me to believe these need to be connected..... but they just look cut.[quoted image]

Well I've never seen it before so it's uncommon to me and I've restored probably two dozen games over the years.

Can you find switches that have solder that are missing the wires? I have wires like that too but not as many and no switches missing wires that have obviously had wires to them before.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-revival-?tu=EMsInKC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.