pasted_image (resized).png
0418201858 (resized).jpg
2889BAFE-B122-49D7-A848-BE6A830B22D1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

Yikes. There are SO MANY ways to go with new mods to make and sell - literally thousands of possibilities you can pull from your brain that don't take from others making mods too. Why do you have to rip off someone else's very well received idea, ESPECIALLY when he is about to start making them again?

Do not understand this move. At all.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

If we knew Steve was producing more we likely would have focused on the other concepts we are producing. The limited availability of a replacement witch was not my doing.

Whether or not Steve's design is available for purchase at any point in time does not provide a green light to just rip it off to supply pent-up demand with an inferior version of his creative work. Try that line of reasoning with Disney products that are limited edition or out of print sometime and count the seconds until you're sued. Stealing a design is stealing a design, and that's what you've done. The worst part about it is it was completely unnecessary. There were other ways to creatively mod that witch that haven't been done even now if you really wanted to provide something cool to that market.

Anyway, I just dropped in to rebut the "but there weren't any to buy" excuse. I'm done droning on about this. It's not my mod, but I felt offended that you so blatantly ripped off a valued pinsider's original work and felt I had to speak out about so if anyone else is tempted in the future to do something like this they might have second thoughts.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

It’s a legit question, ignore it if that makes you feel better.

I don't think anyone is ignoring it, it's just an obvious common-sense thing that most people have an idea of the general guidelines about.

Ask Disney what they think about someone coming in and knocking off one of their limited edition or even regular but long-NLA items. It's a major no-no and they have no sense of humor about it.

Now in the pinball/modding community, things are a lot more relaxed, so I would think that if a mod was long out of production (4 years? 5? Basically a long time) and you had the ability to do a copy or something very similar well and wanted to tread that road instead of exploring your own new and creative ideas, the LEAST you could do is contact the original modder for their blessing. Maybe they're out of mods and would be happy to let you continue. Maybe they would be offended and say no. Whatever the outcome, that would be the very least I would expect for that situation.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Funny, I’d still like to hear how long it’s been since these were last sold and the notice they would be remade.

Are you just trolling? I answered the "why" of your other question and you downvoted it? You're welcome...I guess?

But here's the answer to your question of "when" - the witches were done at the beginning of 2018, so not even 2 years ago. At the time he said he may be making more in the future. Then this year Steve said he was making more about 2 months ago if I recall correctly. So there was never a "I'm done making my mod forever" statement, and the gap wasn't even that long. So, that excuse is out the window.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Same product made by us and sold by our partners, do your homework. Saw you were copying this too.

Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpgIce-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
#59 4 years ago

Sorry that it wasn't clear that it was in jest. I own many of those mods I linked to. The point was that other people overlap constantly on the same mods.

How was that long post in jest? That makes no sense.

And there IS some overlap in modding, but creatively on the same area in the same way there's rarely overlap. All the modders around here have been pretty respectful of the work other modders have done with very few exceptions. Some even team up on occasion.

3 months later
#162 4 years ago

Thanks, appreciate the feedback.
Btw, you were downvoted from an account that has made no forum posts and has nothing in their profile. Nothing like a fake account.

A downvote from dingleberry is like a hallmark card...when you care enough to send the very best. If you haven't felt the tingle from a downvote from dingle, you haven't lived.

He's usually spot (or smudge, or smear, or stain) on.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-woz-flaming-witch-with-realistic-fire-mod-development?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.