pasted_image (resized).png
0418201858 (resized).jpg
2889BAFE-B122-49D7-A848-BE6A830B22D1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrtattooz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

We started on this many weeks ago when it was very well established that there were no other companies making these mods and no intentions that I knew of to make more. Spent lots of time and money on design work making it a different product with distinctive features and look. There are/were other versions of mods very similar to this which are also no longer being produced. Did the modfather well come first? I don't know...Did the witch replacements come first? I just know that it isn't a unique space. Constantly there are posts asking where people can get any sort of witch replacement, if any of the other manufacturers are making them still, etc. It seemed only fitting to try and make our own to serve that need. I searched for a witch mod to replace mine for years, missing out on Steve's original batch, the modfather well didn't fit my game after two were sent to me and the other people making witches were no where to be found. If I wasn't able to find one on a used machine I'd still be sitting with my stupid looking tube waiting to see if someone might do something still. Instead of sitting around we took on the task. If we knew Steve was producing more we likely would have focused on the other concepts we are producing. The limited availability of a replacement witch was not my doing.
*edit... I also think, in my limited history, I have a pattern of creating unique designs and products that no one else is producing. If there is nothing else on the market I see no reason to not produce a mod that is being requested. If I knew we were competing, like I said, I would have likely focused on other items, which we are also working on at this time.

Bro don't let these haters get to you. I've noticed a couple things being a pinball collector over the past 5 years. You have 2 types of people. Those who are really cool and those who are very arrogant and talk crap!!! I love you're mods and there isn't a damn thing wrong with you making them regardless of the haters. They don't understand supply and demand at all. I wouldn't even give these haters a response at all!!! Just keep right on doing what you're doing, because if people aren't talking about you good or bad then that's when you should worry!!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrtattooz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-woz-flaming-witch-with-realistic-fire-mod-development?tu=mrtattooz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.