Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by bobukcat
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimy_speedt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi,

I guess I know about almost all features of the game now, it is really pleasant.

Only, in the Dorothy capture phase (when arrow blinks yellow), the ball is often sent to the top of the PF by the left lane, either by bumpers, or directly from the lower right flipper bat. And often the shot is not strong enough to reach the magnet after it had rolled over the contact which triggers the winged monkey "lift". The ball goes back down to the playfield. But the winged monkey goes down, captures nothing and goes back to the castle without ball. Dorothy is considered as captured, but in fact no ball was brought up to the castle. Is it a workaround to avoid that, when the winged monkeys goes back up empty, the Dorothy capture mode is not activated ?

Thanks for your experience

#6 7 years ago

Thank you all, I ll check if a Monkey test can be done. For the rest, I understand it is normal and does not affect the game. On my game, the ball often goes up via the left lane and does no reach the pf magnet. So I see the Monkey lift moving for nothing, it is strange. thanks again

#10 7 years ago

Great comments and video !

Regarding the video, just for me to be certain, the ball passes over the magnet before it is "called back". The sensor is activated at the time the ball passes on the magnet. Mine passes the left orbit rollover switch on the pf, but does not reach the magnet, it stops after rolling over the switch. I guess that the sensor is not activated and nothing can be done as said above. thanks for sharing the vid.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

... There is no individual switch or sensor. It is simple software recognizing a magnetic "event"...

In my situation, the ball passes the rollover switch at the exit of the left orbit, at that time the Monkey is activated. It has not reached the magnet, and will not. Yes it would be good if the Monkey started to go down at the time the ball is captured by the magnet, but in fact it does not happen that way on mine. thanks for your post anyway

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimy_speedt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-winged-monkey-moves-when-no-ball-on-the-magnet?tu=jimy_speedt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.