witchfinal5_(resized).jpg
witchfinal4_(resized).jpg
witchfinal3_(resized).jpg
witchfinal2_(resized).jpg
witch10_(resized).jpg
witch12_(resized).jpg
witchhat1_(resized).jpg
witch11_(resized).jpg

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

[UPDATE] New Thread with availability here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evil-witch-replacement-mod-for-wizard-of-oz-machines

Jersey Jack did a fantastic job with WOZ but I couldn't help think the central toy was a little simplistic, so I started to think about making my own evil witch for my pretty.

It took a lot of design plannning but I finally got my 3D model back today. Thanks to my super talented friend for turning my 2D idea into a 3D printable model. I'm blown away by the incredible detail possible with 3D prints. You can even see the individual teeth.

witch_(resized).jpgwitch_(resized).jpg
IMG_1705_(resized).jpgIMG_1705_(resized).jpg
and how the original looks.
379_(resized).jpg379_(resized).jpg

witch4_(resized).jpgwitch4_(resized).jpg

witch7_(resized).jpgwitch7_(resized).jpg

witch2_(resized).jpgwitch2_(resized).jpg

witch3_(resized).jpgwitch3_(resized).jpg

IMG_1712_(resized).jpgIMG_1712_(resized).jpg

IMG_1710_(resized).jpgIMG_1710_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Looks incredible. Let me know if you plan on selling these.

I bet it would look even better with some custom sidewall art.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Looks incredible. Let me know if you plan on selling these.
I bet it would look even better with some custom sidewall art.

I was hoping someone would do something like this. Please let us know if you plan on selling these.

#4 7 years ago

Great job!! There's definitely a market for these...

#5 7 years ago

Maybe try to make the mouth a little less smiley.

Added over 8 years ago: EDIT: the pictures no longer show the smiling version of the witch.

#6 7 years ago

Depending on price, I might be in for one of these myself.

#7 7 years ago

I will commit to buying at least two dozen of these if you decide to make them. I hate the original witch and would like to offer these at my both at shows.

Great job!!

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#8 7 years ago

I'd be in for one

#9 7 years ago

This looks great, I would upgrade!

#10 7 years ago

It was great to wake up to all the messages. It certainly would be a possibility to get some done for others but there is quite a lot of work involved if you wanted a plug and play finished model.

Would you want this painted or unpainted? Screw holes fitting in back? - you have to be ever so careful with the screws, drilling tiny pilot holes and being ultra careful not to go through the model. I could do stuff like this but it adds to cost.

Even though the 3D print is excellent, there is still some small surface marks that have to be sanded very carefully if you want to achieve the ultra smooth finish for painting. It is quite fiddly work. Or I could possibly get a cast made like they use for making commercial toys if there was enough demand.

So I guess there are 2 options

Unfinished 3D print to finish yourself - $60 - $70 - any talented model painters out there because my eyesight can't cope with 1mm details

Fully finished professionally painted ready to fit - working on it (edited)

#11 7 years ago

For myself who is creatively inept, a fully painted and ready to be evil Witch would be the best option.

Price wise it sounds relative to the effort involved, do you think it would be possible to add a small fabric cape just for effect?

Also I see you're just down the road from me

Cheers, Kris

#12 7 years ago

Greetings Kris. Always good to hear from a local WOZ owner.

You might be able to add a cape but you wouldn't really see it much from the front I'm guessing. The front of the cape is modelled on the witch but probably isnt shown in the pic too well. Also there is the possibility of the cape getting jammed? It's good idea though.

I've tried to cram as much detail in as possible but really it is a tiny model with small tolerance to work with so that it fits as the original. I wanted to add so much more but with 0.9cm to work with depth wise, it was very limiting The main thing I aimed for was getting some actual hands and improving the face shape to look more like a witch.

I think the next step is to get the model properly painted by someone who is used to working on tiny things like this as I might be over thinking the whole mould cast thing.

#13 7 years ago

I would be in for one either way, finished or unfinished.

#14 7 years ago

I would buy a finished copy. thanks

#15 7 years ago

That is an amazing upgrade. Will you retain the plastic shell to prevent damge, stuck balls etc?

#16 7 years ago

Yes I've tried it with plastic shell and works just the same.

#17 7 years ago

Dan - I would vote for a finished version... in a package including some sidewall art from you.

If we are truly throwing out just any ideas, one of the reasons why I like the Hallmark witch better than the stock one is the scale is more appropriate to rest of the playfield. The stock witch seems way out of proportion with the trees, walls, and rest of the toys. I know there isn't a ton of room to work with in the elevator mechanism; but, there may be enough to come up with some different sizes and poses for her.

#18 7 years ago

I would be in for a finished one, as well.

Am I the only one that has thought about making her eyes light w a fire red (LED or Laser) when she comes up? Can't imagine drilling the eyes out and wiring would be too bad....the question would be what type of lighting device would you use?

The hallmark version w hourglass does seem to be scaled better, and I like the version better than OEM, as well. I've tried modifying a couple to fit (one guy on pinside did it already), but destroyed both, as I'm not a craftsman.

All just thoughts......thanks for sharing your awesome efforts!!!....mark

#19 7 years ago

Great job!! Count me in for a finished one.

#20 7 years ago

I can paint them for you , if that helps.

#21 7 years ago

The model is finer and more scaled to match the playfield I would say. I know what you mean the about the original looking out of scale. Still I didn't want to drift too far from the original vision, as at the time of concept I had the original plastic casing and wanted it to fit in that. Since then I have bought a well mod and it works well

I reckon you could certainly add leds if you wanted to and something like 1mm train leds would probably work good as I have them in an Optimus figure on my transformers.

Thanks Modfather. I do have someone local in mind but if it doesnt work out I'll give you a shout.

#22 7 years ago

Very nice looking mod! The witch toy in the original game has always seemed so strange to me. They put so much time and effort into every other aspect of the game but when it came to the central toy in the game they could not have gone more cheap. Nice job.

#23 7 years ago

I would probably choose painted, too much other stuff going on to have spare time to paint...

#24 7 years ago

Got another test print back and quality is even better and will probably end up going with this. The details are so fine you can even see the tongue in the mouth in person

I'm just going to try one more type of 3D printing that's a little more expensive but looks to produce incredible results before I commit to runs. I want to make sure I've got the best possible quality model as I want this to be epic.

witch11_(resized).jpgwitch11_(resized).jpg
witchhat1_(resized).jpgwitchhat1_(resized).jpg
witch12_(resized).jpgwitch12_(resized).jpg
witch10_(resized).jpgwitch10_(resized).jpg

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Got another test print back and quality is even better and will probably end up going with this. The details are so fine you can even see the tongue in the mouth in person
I'm just going to try one more type of 3D printing that's a little more expensive but looks to produce incredible results before I commit to runs. I want to make sure I've got the best possible quality model as I want this to be epic.

very nice!!!! plotting my "burning eyes" now.....

#26 7 years ago

Got the master 3D print back. To get this quality print makes it expensive for what is a small model but the finish is amazing. Had fun painting and making her wicked worthy of my WOZ. Never painted anything like this and took me best part 3 hours but pleased with how it turned out for an amateur model painter.

Keep draining the ball now when ever she pops up as too busy looking at her

witchfinal2_(resized).jpgwitchfinal2_(resized).jpg
witchfinal3_(resized).jpgwitchfinal3_(resized).jpg
witchfinal4_(resized).jpgwitchfinal4_(resized).jpg
witchfinal5_(resized).jpgwitchfinal5_(resized).jpg
wichfinal_(resized).jpgwichfinal_(resized).jpg

#27 7 years ago

WOW!

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Got the master 3D print back. To get this quality print makes it expensive for what is a small model but the finish is amazing. Had fun painting and making her wicked worthy of my WOZ. Never painted anything like this and took me best part 3 hours but pleased with how it turned out for an amateur model painter.
Keep draining the ball now when ever she pops up as too busy looking at her

SWEET!! 1 for me please!!!!!

#29 7 years ago

Sure if you are happy with that level of painting.

#30 7 years ago

Looks really good, well done that man!

#31 7 years ago

Huge improvement. And the green you used for her complexion looks sooo much better.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Sure if you are happy with that level of painting.

I am!!!.....pm sent

#33 7 years ago

very, very nice. I would be interested in a painted version if the price point is reasonable.

#34 7 years ago

I don't even own a WOZ, but had to click this thread when I saw who started it, sillyoldelf is one of my favorite pinball modders, always tasteful and on point.

#35 7 years ago

Very nice work!
Tho could you add bigger ( . ) ( . )? she looks very flat chested.
P.s nicely painted too

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Very nice work!
Tho could you add bigger ( . ) ( . )? she looks very flat chested.
P.s nicely painted too

Funny, I thought exactly the same too! Give her bigger titties!

#37 7 years ago

Don't evil witches always have small wrinkled vinegar filled boobs?

#38 7 years ago

I'm in for one also.

#39 7 years ago

Oh yes and please put me down for one as well, I think you've nailed it.

#40 7 years ago

Add a Paul Stanley tongue that goes in and out and I'm in! No, just kidding. 'Looks great and
a nice replacement. I'd buy one. There are severe space limitations that make this much more difficult
than it looks. 'Glad someone came up with this!

#41 7 years ago

Amazing job mate. I'd buy one.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't even own a WOZ, but had to click this thread when I saw who started it, sillyoldelf is one of my favorite pinball modders, always tasteful and on point.

Thanks Aurich, appreciate it man.
I should have firm pricing next week after I have exhausted all possible options.

In the meantime, some witch candy from my machine

IMG_1712_(resized).jpgIMG_1712_(resized).jpg
IMG_1710_(resized).jpgIMG_1710_(resized).jpg

#43 7 years ago

This mod looks absolutely amazing, nice job! Looking forward to ordering one!

#44 7 years ago

Looks fantastic, what a talent you are!!

#45 7 years ago

That is so AWESOME!! I definitely gotta have one for my WOZLE!! Great job!!

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Thanks Aurich, appreciate it man.
I should have firm pricing next week after I have exhausted all possible options.

Will this mod work within the existing clear witch tube? I just want to make sure that the hands don't rub against the clear tube and somehow get jammed.

This mod does look awesome, nice job.

Gord

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Those sidewalls look too barren. That should be your next fix (please).

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Will this mod work within the existing clear witch tube? I just want to make sure that the hands don't rub against the clear tube and somehow get jammed.
This mod does look awesome, nice job.
Gord

It does. I didn't have well mod at the time I started this project.

#49 7 years ago

Please add me to the list. I would like one also

#50 7 years ago

Hey do you have a combo of back alleys walls and the well mod? Cheers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-wicked-witch-super-model-mod-makeover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.