Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by davewtf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

How does the weight of The Wizard of Oz compare to other wide-bodies of similar size TZ, Star Trek etc.

Does anyone know the weights of these, maybe you can list the top 3 or 4 heaviest. It may also be interesting to compare the heaviest standard size games as well.

Thanks to whoever posts.

#2 10 years ago

WOZ 320 pounds.

Williams wide bodies 300 pounds.

This is uncrated weights.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

WOZ 320 pounds.
Williams wide bodies 300 pounds.
This is uncrated weights.

Thanks Lloyd,

I would have guessed that there would be more a difference than 20 pounds between JJP & Williams.

Are you on the clock? Get Jack to pay you per post and you'll be retired in no time! : ))

Thanks Again

#4 10 years ago

I presume it's hard to nudge WOZ? I've got a virtual pin that I built out of 3/4" ply, widebody style, with a good bit of hardware in it, and it's a solid, heavy bugger. Nudging it is a bit difficult!

#5 10 years ago

I've moved several widebodies, but the two heaviest would have to be Jolly Park and Verne's World. Spinball used particle board cabinets, which are heavier than plywood (and these are even a touch wider than US widebody games too). To make matters worse, the playfields are made of heavy ol' MDF and they have a 1/4" layer of Perspex on top of that. Both are heavily loaded with toys/mechs. too.

I'm willing to bet those two are heavier than WOZ....that said, I'm still really dreading moving my WOZ upstairs! I'm thinking I'll be beheading it right away!

2 weeks later
#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I presume it's hard to nudge WOZ? I've got a virtual pin that I built out of 3/4" ply, widebody style, with a good bit of hardware in it, and it's a solid, heavy bugger. Nudging it is a bit difficult!

Put some pants on laddy!! You call yourself a pinball player!! I crrraaaappp bigger than UUUU!

Just kidding. It's not hard to nudge.

#7 10 years ago

all i know is STTNG is one heavy mother ...

shut yo mouth!

just talking about STTNG.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

WOZ 320 pounds.

And keep in mind that this is without any pressboard/MDF in the cabinet. It would probably be even heavier if they used that.

I normally move games into my basement myself. I had a spotter when I moved WOZ.

#9 10 years ago

unless its FULL OF QUARTERS, then its 390!!! wooooooooooo!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

unless its FULL OF QUARTERS, then its 390!!! wooooooooooo!

$1400 dollars.

Better empty it sooner.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can attest that it's one heavy mother. But, as far as nudging is concerned, it's easy. I'm adjusting the tilt mechanism tonight after work.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

$1400 dollars.
Better empty it sooner.

was just gonna drill some lock down bar holes.
lock down bar +7lbs

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

was just gonna drill some lock down bar holes.
lock down bar +7lbs

blasphemy

#14 10 years ago

Pull the head, pull the playfield = moves like a Zizzle.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Pull the head, pull the playfield = moves like a Zizzle.

One person can't pull the playfield on a woz. Or at least my weak ass cant.. its 170+ lbs by my estimation.

#16 10 years ago

Haunted House is pretty frickin heavy too. Wide body with 3 playfields.

#17 10 years ago

Still lighter than some of those behemoths from the 80's.

#18 10 years ago

320lbs, I think that is what RFM weighs.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

320lbs, I think that is what RFM weighs.

Actually it was 360lbs. Dang thats heavy!

Pappy

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

heaviest would have to be Jolly Park

Holly crap Jolly Park is one of as pinsiders say' grail' pinball machines.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Pappy

Back in March Jack stated the final game was 320lbs plus 30lbs for packaging. Although, a week ago Alex mentioned 335lbs.

#22 10 years ago

That's one fat assed game.

#23 10 years ago

For comparison: anyone has a WoZ and a Road Show ?
RS is by far my heaviest Pin. Won't move any time soon, except to sell it. I love to move games, bring them to Family parties, pin festival but RS will stay at home. Too heavy.

#24 10 years ago

Haunted House made TZ feel like a late model Stern.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

For comparison: anyone has a WoZ and a Road Show ?RS is by far my heaviest Pin. Won't move any time soon, except to sell it. I love to move games, bring them to Family parties, pin festival but RS will stay at home. Too heavy.

You are right about RS. Pretty heavy. Just glad I have a straight shot through the basement door to the game room!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Back in March Jack stated the final game was 320lbs plus 30lbs for packaging. Although, a week ago Alex mentioned 335lbs.

If jack says its 320 thats what it is. I have a proto game with a bunch of extra shit it in

#27 10 years ago

Stargate always felt like a heavy dense bastard to me. I own games like TZ, RS, BH..but for some reason I dreaded moving stargate. When I sold it I had to move it to the end of my gravel drive (100ft) on a hand truck for the NAVL truck In 90degree heat. Just about died that day

#28 10 years ago

Wow!! If I ever get one, it will get sold with the house when I die, because I'm not moving it twice.

#29 10 years ago

Anyone know what safe cracker weighs? That little thing seems heavier than my wide bodies.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Anyone know what Safe Cracker weighs? That little thing seems heavier than my wide bodies.

Flyer says 290, it seems heavier. A lot of metal in that thing. It's size is deceiving.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Wow!! If I ever get one, it will get sold with the house when I die, because I'm not moving it twice.

LOL, I wonder if RFM is the heaviest production pin ever? Anybody know of one heavier?

Pappy

#32 10 years ago

LOL, I wonder if RFM is the heaviest production pin ever? Anybody know of one heavier?

Pappy

I would bet Hercules is heavier.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=1155

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Holly crap Jolly Park is one of as pinsiders say' grail' pinball machines.

fun game. Played one at expo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-weight-vs-other-wide-bodies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.