• 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by sebseb12
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lol.jpg
There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

Sorry the vid still isn't vertical, I have no idea why youtube is having trouble with it. The weird thing is that it displays vertically in the edit screen, but then when I go back to the public link it's sideways again with a "processing" message at the top. I'm working on trying to figure it out.
Edit: seems to be working now!

It might've been cached for you... I checked it out 20 minutes after you first posted the link, and it was vertical for me then!

#52 10 years ago

I shot some video of the new code at my location Full Tilt Ballard here in Seattle and posted some details in the Full Tilt WOZ thread. Here's the vid for those interested!
(if it's not vertical yet it should be soon -- YouTube is processing it now)
» YouTube video

Nice video Bobby!

I wonder: are the insert lights going to keep flashing like this? I mean it looks pretty cool, but it seems like it would be distracting to be going off almost contantly like they are during actual gameplay. It almost looks like they are in attract mode?

#53 10 years ago

Yeah, it actually does seem like the pulsing lights are a feature and not just a demo mode for shows like we thought. On the positive side, it doesn't come across super well in the video, but the pulsing lights are dimmer now than they were in previous versions and less distracting overall. In fact the game looks much darker in the video than it does in person, for some reason. I'd kinda prefer the unlit lights not flash at all, but this is at least a step toward that. Maybe they'll make it adjustable at some point?

A small change worth mentioning, btw -- in Toto mode, the pops no longer fire. I believe the slings might not either? Since the ball auto-plunges (unless you're quick, and short-plunge it) it would often get hung up in the pops on the earlier versions, and you would never even get to take a shot. The change makes the mode feel way more fair.

#54 10 years ago

mine is updating right now.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Decided not to sell? Sweet!

#56 10 years ago

It's still here for now.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Thought you last posted you sold it?

Which is it?

Edit: he answered above.

#58 10 years ago

thanks for the vid champ,
cant wait

#59 10 years ago

Why is there no flashers in the game??

#60 10 years ago

All LEDs double as flashers (they flash very bright).

#61 10 years ago

Another thing I like. The flashing effect if very well done.

#62 10 years ago

Hello, so how is this update?
Apart twister, are there other things?
Small bugs are resolved it?
Is this a good update?
light?

#63 10 years ago

Based on the video there's a good amount of content in this update. The game looks to be coming together nicely. There's so much more to come based on the rules screenshot below.
http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=782325&bbat=89056&inline&fullsize

#64 10 years ago

Definitely the best video I've seen. Game is coming along nicely.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

All LEDs double as flashers (they flash very bright).

I'm not seeing any flashing of any kind. Am I missing something??

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Based on the video there's a good amount of content in this update. The game looks to be coming together nicely. There's so much more to come based on the rules screenshot below.http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=782325&bbat=89056&inline&fullsize

Geez, I get "Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode" vibes just from looking at that. No one can certainly say this game isn't deep.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

I'm not seeing any flashing of any kind. Am I missing something??

Yes, you are. I think when a rollover is hit the inserts flash outward from the rollover. Pretty cool effect. Also when the BALL targets are hit, same thing. Very nice effect.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Based on the video there's a good amount of content in this update. The game looks to be coming together nicely. There's so much more to come based on the rules screenshot below.
http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=782325&bbat=89056&inline&fullsize

the problem is that we are still far from this code.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

I figure about half way, but that's an uneducated guess. There is plenty there now to keep oneself busy however. I know I'm having a blast playing it, and getting my behind kicked, frequently.

#70 10 years ago

In fact the game looks much darker in the video than it does in person, for some reason.

Any improvement for GI near the flippers? Can it be played in a dark room?

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Well, we can continue to work towards cool, fun rules, or we can work towards shoot a ramp 18 times for a 2-ball multiball and be done by like tomorrow.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I figure about half way, but that's an uneducated guess. There is plenty there now to keep oneself busy however. I know I'm having a blast playing it, and getting my behind kicked, frequently.

Glad you are having a blast playing it! Based on what I read and see I'd think that is probably right and I think we'll get code updates long into the future to take full advantage of what's there.....I don't think it will be ever officially done with code updates......that should be one of the nice things with this platform and JJP.......

#73 10 years ago

please continue towards cool! There are way too many machines out there already with shallow no fun rules! Epic is the word I would like to associate with anything coming out of JJP and Stern from now on!

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Well, we can continue to work towards cool, fun rules, or we can work towards shoot a ramp 18 times for a 2-ball multiball and be done by like tomorrow.

Keith, please continue to work towards developing cool, fun and "epic" rules! And also take as much time as is necessary to get the rules exactly as you want them. I don't mind waiting for my game (and the code) as long as I know that the finished product will be worth it in the end. You're the biggest reason that I ordered a WOZ and I have no doubt that it's going to be an awesome game once it's complete! I really like what I see so far and keep up the good work!

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

please continue towards cool! There are way too many machines out there already with shallow no fun rules! Epic is the word I would like to associate with anything coming out of JJP and Stern from now on!

Amen to that, and Keith has said the rules on Woz will be "epic" or something to that effect, correct me if I'm wrong Keith

#76 10 years ago

I'm guilty of knocking WOZ b/c of how long it's taking, but I do appreciate all the thought you put into rules. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

#77 10 years ago

Make-up on a pig!

#78 10 years ago

Do not get me wrong. When I say that the code is still far away, it's because I'm in a hurry to play the finished code. I believe in this game and that's exactly why I want to see it finished.
I'm not criticizing, I'm just pressed.
I love this game

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

Make-up on a pig!

But you don't design the playfield so good luck!

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

But you don't design the playfield so good luck!

Thanks, I appreciate it. And good luck on your continued useful and brilliantly insightful contributions to pinside!

#81 10 years ago

Thanks, I appreciate it. And good luck on your continued useful and brilliantly insightful contributions to pinside!

I'm just here for the eye candy!

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I'd also like to know the answer to this as I always play my games in a dark room. Is WOZ playable in the dark?

#83 10 years ago

TSPPs playfield is a shitshow too so I give you props for what you do. Make-up on a pig.... Not a dis a complement.

#84 10 years ago

Of course, like everyone else, I hope that the rules are cool, fun, deep and complex.
And I know pinball and rules will be perfect.
I prefer that you take your time for the rules to be great.
Good luck.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

TSPPs playfield is a shitshow too so I give you props for what you do. Make-up on a pig.... Not a dis a complement.

The real "shit show" looks more like the 3 pins in your collection..... JK

#86 10 years ago

Works for me.........yep, maybe a little something different from the ramp fest shot over and over again.........

#87 10 years ago

Great point Keith, right on I'm sure the majority of Pinside members realize it takes time to create a good and unique game and on top of that you and the JJP team are taking advantage of new hardware / features at the same time. Thank you for all of your hard work on this machine.

#88 10 years ago

I say it again, for me the WOZ Layout is GOOD! It makes fun to play it and it's something new and fresh, after AC/DC in my house and MetLE comming I don't need no more fan layouts. All rules that are in the WOZ code now are very good too. And Keith can take as much time as he needs to walk on the yellow brick road.
I have a Hobbit preorderd, but I hope he will get enough time from JJP to end WOZ before he has to start on the hobbit. That would be the big difference to STERN for me.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I say it again, for me the WOZ Layout is GOOD! It makes fun to play it and it's something new and fresh, after AC/DC in my house and MetLE comming I don't need no more fan layouts. All rules that are in the WOZ code now are very good too. And Keith can take as much time as he needs to walk on the yellow brick road.
I have a Hobbit preorderd, but I hope he will get enough time from JJP to end WOZ before he has to start on the hobbit. That would be the big difference to STERN for me.

Spoiled.

#90 10 years ago

With Keith's record, it is pretty easy to tell that he does not need "luck" to turn out clever and innovative rules.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Great point Keith, right on I'm sure the majority of Pinside members realize it takes time to create a good and unique game and on top of that you and the JJP team are taking advantage of new hardware / features at the same time. Thank you for all of your hard work on this machine.

Well put.

I wish I was a better player. A lot of the depth of older games is lost on me because it's out of reach.

However, let me say that I am seeing innovation in the rules in WOZ that I can't recall in other machines, in areas that *are* within my reach.

For example, the whole concept of restoring your ball via the outlanes is something I totally can play and experience even without being a pro. I just noticed that the munchkin spinning house mode is also re-startable if you hit the ramp so that's another thing I can learn to do.

Sweet.

#92 10 years ago

Now why does that mode seem familiar.....

Like a fine wine, a superior pinball machine takes time! In view of LOTR and WPT, I'm fine with waiting.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Glad you are having a blast playing it! Based on what I read and see I'd think that is probably right and I think we'll get code updates long into the future to take full advantage of what's there.....I don't think it will be ever officially done with code updates......that should be one of the nice things with this platform and JJP.......

I'm actually enjoying getting code a little bit at a time. I was overwhelmed with the LOTR rules, but as I play WOZ the aha moments come and I get it. The rules for me are sinking in a lot deeper with only having half now, and more later. I saw the picture of the rules for WOZ and I realize its going to be a real challenge to get to the end. I'm in for the long haul. Go Keith Go!

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

With Keith's record, it is pretty easy to tell that he does not need "luck" to turn out clever and innovative rules.

What inspires an artist..... A Smooth canvas or a wavy mess??

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

What inspires an artist..... A Smooth canvas or a wavy mess??

Alright already. We get it. You don't like the layout. Don't buy it, and don't play it. Simple as that

Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.

#96 10 years ago

That last video looks great. I'm still not sold on this pin (theme) but I will go so far as to admit not only do I want to play it, but even that the music doesn't bother me.
Keep up the good work!

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Alright already. We get it. You don't like the layout. Don't buy it, and don't play it. Simple as that
Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.

Most look for it. Sad but true.

#98 10 years ago

In fact the game looks much darker in the video than it does in person, for some reason.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

Most look for it. Sad but true.

Obviously you have not found it (happiness) and choose to spread your misery to others.

I truly feel sorry for you.

#100 10 years ago

Hello I just installed the 1.14 code, it's not bad.
It seems that the bugs (castle and ramp door) have been resolved.
For cons, I know that the code is not finished yet but it is possible to add sounds on some shots made​​?
Is it also possible to put different values ​​depending on skill and shoot their difficulties? (shooting the witch is easier than the original super skill shot for example)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-version-114-released/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.