Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Drop_Target_Assembly.PNG

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I want to experience that!! When I get my WOZ, maybe I'll go back and load an old version and then incrementally update...

youre not too far away...your welcome to come by anytime!

#52 6 years ago

Updated to 1.12 this morning. Easy breezy. Using a Mac and seeing no issues at all.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

youre not too far away...your welcome to come by anytime!

Thanks for the offer, but I'm on the far western side of PA (near Pittsburgh)!

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Updated to 1.12 this morning. Easy breezy. Using a Mac and seeing no issues at all.

Yeah i'm going to fix the zip file now.. should take 2 mins. Mac's add an extra header to zip files to handle encryption. Good old microsoft doesn't have encryption detection built into their explorer zip utility. If you use 7zip or winzip it wouldn't be an issue.

Either way the file unzips just with a stupid warning.

#55 6 years ago

7zip is a fantastic alternative

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Yeah i'm going to fix the zip file now.. should take 2 mins. Mac's add an extra header to zip files to handle encryption. Good old microsoft doesn't have encryption detection built into their explorer zip utility. If you use 7zip or winzip it wouldn't be an issue.
Either way the file unzips just with a stupid warning.

Updated the "mirror" link. Updating the primary CDN now.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Updated the "mirror" link. Updating the primary CDN now.

Thanks!

#58 6 years ago

I didn't have a problem extracting the files on Win 7, but it's probably because I use WinRAR.

#59 6 years ago

I updated the game at the Northwest Pinball Show yesterday. However, the drop target is still not dropping during ball search, and the ball has been getting stuck behind it constantly. I talked to Keefer and he said the game should be dropping it during a search in this code version but that he's not positive because of issues with the drop on his own game. Can anyone else who has installed it confirm that it's working?

It's happening during pretty much every game played, and we have to tilt the game way up at an angle to drop the ball into the VUK every time. I'm heading over there now, I was going to disable the drop as a quick stop-gap fix unless anyone has other ideas?

On a positive note, I'm loving the game so far! Flippers feel great. One time during multiball I shot all 3 balls up the ramp about 10 times in a row just for kicks, and the escalating fanfare from the game was hilarious and great. And I'm proud to say I managed to complete No Place Like Home, which I haven't seen anyone else do yet. It was even harder than usual because the entire upper-right side of the playfield lights had gone out, including RAINBOW, so I had no idea which ones I needed to shoot. (the playfield lights magically came back on later -- probably a loose connection)

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I didn't have a problem extracting the files on Win 7, but it's probably because I use WinRAR.

Exactly. It's just an issue with the built in windows explorer extract extension. I removed the header via linux anyway

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

I updated the game at the Northwest Pinball Show yesterday. However, the drop target is still not dropping during ball search, and the ball has been getting stuck behind it constantly. I talked to Keefer and he said the game should be dropping it during a search in this code version but that he's not positive because of issues with the drop on his own game. Can anyone else who has installed it confirm that it's working?
It's happening during pretty much every game played, and we have to tilt the game way up at an angle to drop the ball into the VUK every time. I'm heading over there now, I was going to disable the drop as a quick stop-gap fix unless anyone has other ideas?
On a positive note, I'm loving the game so far! Flippers feel great. One time during multiball I shot all 3 balls up the ramp about 10 times in a row just for kicks, and the escalating fanfare from the game was hilarious and great. And I'm proud to say I managed to complete No Place Like Home, which I haven't seen anyone else do yet. It was even harder than usual because the entire upper-right side of the playfield lights had gone out, including RAINBOW, so I had no idea which ones I needed to shoot. (the playfield lights magically came back on later -- probably a loose connection)

Bobby does the drop target not fire during ball search? I can check that on my game.. give me 2 mins ill reply.

*EDIT* I can confirm the drop target is not firing during ball search. I'll talk with Keefer.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Bobby does the drop target not fire during ball search? I can check that on my game.. give me 2 mins ill reply.

Yeah, the drop isn't moving at all during ball search. Thanks!

#63 6 years ago

Yeah, the drop isn't moving at all during ball search. Thanks!

Yup.. It's not resetting either. I'll talk with him.

#64 6 years ago

In 1.08 the drop was dropping during a ball search, but it was being reset so quickly that the ball couldn't roll out from behind it. I haven't had a ball get stuck behind it on 1.12 so I can't comment on it. I'm just trying to clarify if the behavior is different in 1.12 vs. what I was seeing in 1.08.

#65 6 years ago

I've actually had a few balls get stuck ON TOP of the drop target. Perhaps it's sitting a bit lower than it should be on my game. Is there an easy way to adjust this?

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is there an easy way to adjust this?

Look underneath, might be one machine screw to raise or lower it, near the middle bottom of the assembly.

LTG : )

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've actually had a few balls get stuck ON TOP of the drop target. Perhaps it's sitting a bit lower than it should be on my game. Is there an easy way to adjust this?

I wish I could test.

Check the manual. On WMS games there was a screw to adjust the height off the target.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Look underneath, might be one machine screw to raise or lower it, near the middle bottom of the assembly.

Quoted from TomGWI:

Check the manual. On WMS games there was a screw to adjust the height off the target.

Thanks, guys! I'll check it out the next time I have the playfield up.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks, guys! I'll check it out the next time I have the playfield up.

Page 42 of the manual, a screw at the bottom to raise or lower it.

#70 6 years ago

Here's a diagram of the drop-target assembly. Is #10 what what would be used to adjust the height?

Drop_Target_Assembly.PNG

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is #10 what what would be used to adjust the height?

That is a big 10-4 good buddy. Screw it up raises the target screw it down lowers it.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is a big 10-4 good buddy.

Wow! I didn't know you speak trucker, Lloyd. I'm very impressed.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Wow! I didn't know you speak trucker, Lloyd. I'm very impressed.

Yes, I'm fluent in trucker, mother trucker, and space trucker.

#74 6 years ago

Update from the show floor here, I ended up pulling power to the drop coil and it's working out fine as a hack fix. We also had half of the playfield lights cut out, ended up narrowing the problem down to a dead single LED pcb. Luckily there were a couple of spares included in the cabinet, so we were able to swap one in and fix it. Huzzah!

#75 6 years ago

Update from the show floor here, I ended up pulling power to the drop coil and it's working out fine as a hack fix. We also had half of the playfield lights cut out, ended up narrowing the problem down to a dead single LED pcb. Luckily there were a couple of spares included in the cabinet, so we were able to swap one in and fix it. Huzzah!

Bobby pm me which one it was please? Ill get one out to you.

#76 6 years ago

What the truck are you mother truckers talking about!

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I know what that is.. I compressed on a mac and it adds a header to the zip file. Ill extract and recompress on windows.

One thing you might try is grab a free program called YemuZip. It allows you to zip without the extra OS X files (the .hidden stuff for example) that can show up weird under Windows.

#78 6 years ago

wow, they are using the williams drop design and targets to a Tee. Those are Swords of fury targets right there. Easy adjust.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

One thing you might try is grab a free program called YemuZip. It allows you to zip without the extra OS X Files (the .hidden stuff for example) that can show up weird under Windows.

I strip those out game side because i can't stop people's home Mac from adding them so I run maintenance to find and purge those game side. MAC folders and the . Files like DSStore etc all get removed.

#80 6 years ago

Spent more time with 1.12 this evening. Shaping up really nicely. With earlier versions I found myself paying too much attention to things that weren't finished or buggy. With this version I was able to just play and enjoy it.

There's certainly a lot to do, but it isn't overwhelming. And it is only going to get better.

#81 6 years ago

Is it going to get overwhelming? I want to be overwhelmed with the rules.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I don't know. I just meant the way it is presented doesn't make it overwhelming. The amount to do could be considered overwhelming, but as long as it is presented in a way that makes sense, you can deal with it.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I played it for the first time on Friday at the NW Show, at first with 1.08 and then later after they updated it. I have no doubt it is going to have the deepest, most absorbing ruleset EVER! Just so much going on, so many different approaches to score, and there are still so many things that you can tell are not yet implemented.

Whether it's overwhelming or not will depend on you

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

played it for the first time on Friday at the NW Show, at first with 1.08 and then later after they updated it. I have no doubt it is going to have the deepest, most absorbing ruleset EVER!

I haven't played it since the open house and can't wait to play with all the new rules and modes added

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I agree, what I was looking for when I signed up for wozle. Because of Keefer , I ultimately climbed over the fence.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from justonemore:

I agree, what I was looking for when I signed up for wozle. Because of Keefer , I ultimately climbed over the fence.

Hiring Keith was the smartest move Jack could have made. I bet they sold at least double the amount of games solely because Keith was doing the rules.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Hiring Keith was the smartest move Jack could have made. I bet they sold at least double the amount of games solely because Keith was doing the rules.

Working with Keith has been amazing. He is as sharp as developers get and I work with infra dev creme de la creme all day. His knowledge of all facets is amazing. 100% the right idea.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Here here.....big part of why I bought as a Lotr and Wpt owner....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside