463271.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Screen_Shot_2015-10-16_at_2.11.28_PM.png
IMG_20151016_104812400.jpg
Capturewoz.jpg
IMG_8909.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Reminder, this is a full release. I recommend backing up your settings and scores before doing the full. It will do a factory reset.

Thank you Alex and team!!!....believe I will tackle Saturday, when I have enough time to save/ double check my settings, etc.

Awesome machine, and it's dialed in perfectly for me....been playing great!!!

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thank you Alex and team!!!....believe I will tackle Saturday, when I have enough time to save/ double check my settings, etc.
Awesome machine, and it's dialed in perfectly for me....been playing great!!!

Decided to just do it tonight....saved settings, uploaded new version.....all went smoothly....about 30 minutes total, including download time.....all good...thanks again!!! ( wont be tweeting the scores achieved on my test games tonight... ).....mark

#175 8 years ago

Game does seem to play even better w the new code ( not sure why)......got to just under 2 million tonight ( hadn't been there in awhile)....

.tried to melt the Witch twice during the game, but as usual didn't complete.....I swear I have to put on one of those 'fitbit' things on my wrist so I can watch my heart rate blast when the playfield turns green w white targets..

.can hit those shots fairly well in normal modes, but knowing there is zero forgiveness she beats the hell out of me every time ( maybe made it 3 times since I've owned the machine....)

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

2 mil? hell I haven't hit 1 mil

Gotta stack the modes man.....stack the modes.....

But in fairness, my "normal" games end in the 500-750k range....I'm always too focused on the Witch, and she's always my undoing.....damn you, Keith ( kidding of course........)

1 week later
#223 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

First impressions after installing 5.0.5:
They messed up the coil settings. I'm not sure what problems other people were having, but after I updated, the ball wouldn't even kick out into the shooter lane. The coil was too weak. But then the VUK for the crystal ball was too strong and would shoot the ball way out of the ramp and SDTM. Very odd.
The developers have still not been able to fix the ECMB locks. On my game, if more than one ball is locked, it lets two balls out. The only way to make the game fair is to disable that and make the ECMB locks virtual.
I understand they may expect people to save/restore their game settings but the default settings on the game seem rather odd: no ball saver? Really? But extra balls at 30k, 50k, etc?
As expected, Keith refuses to disable the upper flippers when a ball isn't on the upper playfields, so the game adds exponentially more wear and tear to the upper flipper mechanisms than is necessary. I still think that's a really poor choice by the development team to not make that feature configurable.
I am frustrated that there appears to be additional game modes, that as other people have said, require extra money and parts to "unlock". You'd think after JJP got up to eight grand from their customers, they wouldn't nickle and dime them to add gameplay features. Home users don't need redemption equipment but they might like to play the timed game, but making it cost extra? Really? It seems to add insult to injury to make us LE people to bought in early on have to pay extra to have full game features.
That being said, I still think WOZ is one of the best games made. I do think they haven't "dialed it in" yet though.

Saved all my settings before updating to latest code...all good.....definitely make sure balls aren't magnetized...made the mistake of putting silverjets in mine some time back....machine went crazy....

I don't get the continued complaint of all the flippers working.....play the hell out of my TSPP and it works the same...I like being able to smack a ball if it ends up there randomly (has happened on house side a couple times)....guess the route operators might have a point, but hard to believe it's that big of a deal.....

the extra features for the dongle don't concern me...I'll buy it if I ever get through all the modes someday and get bored (highly doubtful).

only thing I dont like is the huge Q code and twitter stuff ruining the look of a beautiful display.....hopefully it will be a feature that can be turned off down the road......

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Those are the only balls I will use and what I replaced the balls from my WOZ with.

ditto......all my machines....btw, TZ is very bad for magnetizing balls and weird effects occurring afterwards, as well....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 5.00
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-v505-now-available?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.