463271.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Screen_Shot_2015-10-16_at_2.11.28_PM.png
IMG_20151016_104812400.jpg
Capturewoz.jpg
IMG_8909.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballHelp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 8 years ago

Is this a partimage that overwrites the boot sector?

1 week later
#210 8 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Question:
Being a PC tech, and since the full install is a ISO file, can I write it to a DVD-R, then plug in a external DVD RW Drive into the USB port on WOZLE and upgrade that way too? Curious minds wish to know..lol

Whatever you do, do NOT boot such a DVD. If will without any warning, proceed to overwrite your MBR and primary boot partition on drive C:

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

In the game the sound levels are shifted around by events all the time. Some things get louder, some softer. This is so the ending mix sounds how it should. An event killing something like the start sounds and animations of ECMB by hitting both flippers were not handled properly. That is the fix for that issue.
This entire post is just my guess at the translation though. Keithease and Tedonian are not my primary languages.

"Ducking" is an audio engineering term. Assuming that what is meant, when you "duck" audio you apply compression to background audio that is triggered by the amplitude of another audio track. In layman's terms, the volume of a background audio track is temporarily reduced in proportion to the piece of another audio track that is playing at the same time. This is a common musical technique to make music sound more clear.

#217 8 years ago

First impressions after installing 5.0.5:

They messed up the coil settings. I'm not sure what problems other people were having, but after I updated, the ball wouldn't even kick out into the shooter lane. The coil was too weak. But then the VUK for the crystal ball was too strong and would shoot the ball way out of the ramp and SDTM. Very odd.

The developers have still not been able to fix the ECMB locks. On my game, if more than one ball is locked, it lets two balls out. The only way to make the game fair is to disable that and make the ECMB locks virtual.

I understand they may expect people to save/restore their game settings but the default settings on the game seem rather odd: no ball saver? Really? But extra balls at 30k, 50k, etc?

As expected, Keith refuses to disable the upper flippers when a ball isn't on the upper playfields, so the game adds exponentially more wear and tear to the upper flipper mechanisms than is necessary. I still think that's a really poor choice by the development team to not make that feature configurable.

I am frustrated that there appears to be additional game modes, that as other people have said, require extra money and parts to "unlock". You'd think after JJP got up to eight grand from their customers, they wouldn't nickle and dime them to add gameplay features. Home users don't need redemption equipment but they might like to play the timed game, but making it cost extra? Really? It seems to add insult to injury to make us LE people to bought in early on have to pay extra to have full game features.

That being said, I still think WOZ is one of the best games made. I do think they haven't "dialed it in" yet though.

#220 8 years ago

magnetization of balls? I haven't run into that before. Is this something that is more common in WOZ because of all the magnets?

I guess I should have figured they reset the settings for the ECMB lock too. Do you think the reference game they're using is set up more flat than other peoples' games?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 5.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballHelp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-v505-now-available?tu=PinballHelp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.