Topic Stats

• 232 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by kjm8888
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

463271.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
IMG_0108.jpg
Screenshot_7.png
image.jpg
463271.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Screen_Shot_2015-10-16_at_2.11.28_PM.png
IMG_20151016_104812400.jpg
Capturewoz.jpg
IMG_8909.jpg

There are 232 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 3 years ago

Update failed?
I received a message Incompatible license
Aborted, press any key to continue.

I was using an OCZ 8GB USB drive that I have used before to make updates.

Any thoughts?

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

so I did everything I thought I was supposed to do but when I turn the game on I only get a black screen with a blinking line
Help

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I really like the full update process, but I ran into one gotcha. The USB stick I used for the settings backup had an old delta release on it, so when it rebooted after the settings restore, it tried to install the delta and got stuck in a loop. I had to install the full 5.05 again, delete the delta from the second USB stick, then restore the settings.

That's why I recommend formatting prior

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

That's why I recommend formatting prior

doing a full format on my usb now and will try again..... I followed the instructions to a 'T" so I m not sure what is happening.

#105 3 years ago

Do I need to extract the zip files before transferring to the usb or just transfer the download via unetbootin

#106 3 years ago

Make sure your check your download file size after the download completes. My first try resulted in a partial download which I didn't notice until the update failed.

My system measures the file size at 3.77 Gb although the download site original file is listed at 3.97 Gb.
This file installed without a problem, and the game functions without a problem.

I had to execute couple of the downloads as the system would indicate download complete at around the 2 Gb size. I also did one discarded full download as my file size didn't match 3.97 Gb but was 3.77 Gb.

Computer is running up to date Windows Vista with a download speed of 8 Mbs max - average 6.5 Mbs.

#107 3 years ago

Do I need to extract the zip files before transferring to the usb or just transfer the download via unetbootin

There is no zip file? Click on the link in my post. There is a link and the file ends in .iso. Use unetbootin to burn the ISO to the USB.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

Make sure your check your download file size after the download completes.

Still trying to complete the download. I've had the download fail about a dozen times now. Fortunately Firefox picks up where it left off when I restart it. Hopefully it is not corrupted by the time it all comes down. Still on 2.0 of 3.8 Gb.

#109 3 years ago

Here are the full instructions. Read, reread, then read again.

http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com:8081/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wa/FaqActions/view?faqId=9

#110 3 years ago

I followed the instructions, and did a backup as well. Just installed it and all is well. Looks like another great update. Thanks to pinchroma and the JJP team.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Still trying to complete the download. I've had the download fail about a dozen times now. Fortunately Firefox picks up where it left off when I restart it. Hopefully it is not corrupted by the time it all comes down. Still on 2.0 of 3.8 Gb.

Since your system measures at 3.8 Gb I would expect your final size to be 3.77 Gb -

I used Google Chrome and it didn't indicate a partial download when indeed it was.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

Since your system measures at 3.8 Gb I would expect your final size to be 3.77 Gb -
I used Google Chrome and it didn't indicate a partial download when indeed it was.

Size in bytes:

4058486784 WizardOfOz-autobuild-v5.05.iso

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

Make sure your check your download file size after the download completes. My first try resulted in a partial download which I didn't notice until the update failed.
My system measures the file size at 3.77 Gb although the download site original file is listed at 3.97 Gb.
This file installed without a problem, and the game functions without a problem.
I had to execute couple of the downloads as the system would indicate download complete at around the 2 Gb size. I also did one discarded full download as my file size didn't match 3.97 Gb but was 3.77 Gb.
Computer is running up to date Windows Vista with a download speed of 8 Mbs max - average 6.5 Mbs.

My dowload failed too...
It took forever to download to my computer..
Trying again, but old school style.... Hooked up my laptop direct with my Ethernet Cable to my computer ..

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

We must have shitty speed here in FL.. Lol

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Lol must be. It's a cdn backed instance so it should be routing to a local media server near you

#117 3 years ago

The last half came down pretty fast. I figured the server was more loaded last night than today... Granted I am only on a 15Mbps line.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The last half came down pretty fast. I figured the server was more loaded last night than today... Granted I am only on a 15Mbps line.

Im finally at 2 GB!!
Did your install work this time?

#119 3 years ago

Im finally at 2 GB!!

Half way there . Keep on chugging. It will come down. I'm going to to check how many people downloaded it so far.

#120 3 years ago

mine was quick to download in florida over my home wifi maybe it's just slower the further south you go

#121 3 years ago

Not working! I have a MAC did all that was required but did not get the choice of where to install in the Unetbootin window.

I am trying to use an SD card in a usb SD reader is that the issue? I don't have a USB stick.

#122 3 years ago

Im finally at 2 GB!!

I got the ISO install on the stick with no problem. Still trying to figure out where the USB port on the machine is, since the instructions don't say! I see some facing the wrong way on the back of the computer box that I will use, but I'm guessing JJP placed a more convenient one somewhere? Also, I am looking at the fan on the computer case to get the voltage and CFM rating so I can replace it. That thing is loud! While I am in there I will once again try to figure out the source of the static on the speakers that is synced with the LEDs...

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I got the ISO install on the stick with no problem. Still trying to figure out where the USB port on the machine is, since the instructions don't say! I see some facing the wrong way on the back of the computer box that I will use, but I'm guessing JJP placed a more convenient one somewhere? Also, I am looking at the fan on the computer case to get the voltage and CFM rating so I can replace it. That thing is loud! While I am in there I will once again try to figure out the source of the static on the speakers that is synced with the LEDs...

See Pic

image.jpeg
image_1.jpeg

#124 3 years ago

See Pic
image.jpeg
image_1.jpeg

Ah thanks. Mine was anchored behind the coin tray instead of to the side like yours. The connector was trapped under the lip of the tray and completely hidden until I took the tray out! I figured they would run it to the coin door, but this is close enough. I will cut this one free and move it where it is not hidden.

Anyway, I loaded the software from the rear USB with no problems. Amazing how fast it moves all that data.

Still no luck on finding the sound problem and I can't see the fan well enough to get the info off of it without removing it.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't see it mentioned but the background and text at the bottom of the in-game screen changed to red for RR models (I only have RR so I don't know about ECLE or standard) which is awesome!
IMG_20151016_104812400.jpg

I posted this in another thread and figured I'd post it here since it appears the update thread has more action.

Does it bother anyone else that the RR LCD is still using a green motif? I cant imagine why they left it green instead of making it red to match the rest of the game.

For me it comes across as lazy and looks tacky.

463271.jpg

I did notice they made the small banner on the bottom a red color in this latest update but how about the rest?

The reason I'm so passionate about this because the green motif'd LCD stuck out like a sore thumb the first time I saw a Ruby Red Limited Edition.

I figured it was just a pre-production fumble but as time went on and The Hobbit production line was gearing up I felt like this may be the only chance I have to bring this to peoples attention before we have to put up with this for an extended period of time.

My intentions for this may come across as a bit too dramatic but you know how it goes when you type your honest feelings down in a thread. This is just something I wanted to throw out there before RR WOZ is finalized.

Best Wishes
Dan

#126 3 years ago

I was able to successfully load the new version, but when I went to reload the config I made prior to upgrading, I ran into issues. The game said that it would restart once the config was loaded. This never happened. After waiting several minutes, I powered off the game. I waited about 30 seconds, and powered on the game, but it would not boot. I retried this a few more times, but the game would not initialize. I am now reloading the new code again. Any ideas as to what could have caused this? I find it hard to believe that my config back up was corrupted, but even if it was, could this cause the game to not boot?

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from mbt:

Any ideas as to what could have caused this?

Sounds like the same thing that happened to me. Make sure there isn't a woz_update directory on the USB with your settings backup.

#128 3 years ago

Well, after reinstalling the update, I was able to load back my saved config, so I am good now. I am not sure what went wrong the first time.

#129 3 years ago

This is all I get image.jpgimage.jpg

#130 3 years ago

This is all I get image.jpg image.jpg

Your ISO was incomplete when you burned it. Redownload it.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I have erased and downloaded it 3 times :/ , I formatted the usb its 16gb

I assume after the first time its easy but me and this damn thing are not getting along lol ..

Is it supposed to take like 3 hours to download?

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It will slow down and look like it has stopped at 24 and 25, but go have a refreshing beverage of your choice and when you come back the download will be complete. #24 and #25 must be whoppers!

#133 3 years ago

Screenshot_7.png

#134 3 years ago

Depends on your internet speed, but yes it can take that long.

#135 3 years ago

I am using a Mac

When I have UNebootin open the type says USB DRIVE but under DRIVE it says /dev/disk1s1

Is that correct? It does not give me an option to select anything else

#136 3 years ago

I don't believe it's the internet speed, it has to be something on JJP's end that it causing the problem with this many people, including myself, taking forever to download.

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I don't believe it's the internet speed, it has to be something on JJP's end that it causing the problem with this many people, including myself, taking forever to download.

I suspect it is more on your end. It took me less than 20 minutes in new Zealand downloading from jjp while a guy in Aussie took much longer.

#138 3 years ago

I should add the new code is sweet! Seems smoother overall and a few new things I need to better learn to exploit.

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from NYG:

I am using a Mac
When I have UNebootin open the type says USB DRIVE but under DRIVE it says /dev/disk1s1
Is that correct? It does not give me an option to select anything else

Yes, that is correct. Continue and you will be happy.

#141 3 years ago

I found that if I emptied my USB I then needed to go and dump my trash on my Mac before it would load the code properly. Check available space on your USB.

Code looks great other than the Dorothy lock lamp issue discussed on the JJP forum.

#142 3 years ago

So when I push the right flipper the ligts seems to flash on the field/rainbow area is there a thread about this problem or has anyone had it?

#143 3 years ago

I've seen it, AFAIK it was a loose connection on one of the light boards.

#144 3 years ago

Mine failed, so when my son comes over I'll have him recheck the USB stick and loading.

However, which way is the sucessfull way to download into the pin?. One mentions system does it automatically, another you go into the menu, utilities, USB etc and activate that way.

Thanks,

#145 3 years ago

That fing sucks! I would be pissed. lol

#146 3 years ago

Here's a better quality link:

Yeah, no clue if it's a 5.05 bug or not. Never had it lockup like that during a game, and just at the right time of course :/

#147 3 years ago

Got the install done, game plays fine all but the light issues which I tracked down to bad wiring. I DO NOT expect to be working on a damn game I paid 9500 for jjp :/

#148 3 years ago

Got the install done, game plays fine all but the light issues which I tracked down to bad wiring. I DO NOT expect to be working on a damn game I paid 9500 for jjp :/

Since you have other pinball machines in your collection you really do KNOW the answer to that rant.

If you buy a Ferrari that costs as much as it does you should never have issues with it right?

It's a pinball machine, be prepared to work on it.

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from Troz:

Here's a better quality link: ยป YouTube video
Yeah, no clue if it's a 5.05 bug or not. Never had it lockup like that during a game, and just at the right time of course :/

The video helped me learn some new strategies for getting to sotr. The whole time I'm thinking should I watch if he makes it. Sorry Karl it happened but what a relief on my end. Ultimate spoiler alert.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Since you have other pinball machines in your collection you really do KNOW the answer to that rant.
If you buy a Ferrari that costs as much as it does you should never have issues with it right?
It's a pinball machine, be prepared to work on it.

but 5 days sheesh.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.95
$ 399.95
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Richmond, TX
$ 11,500.00
There are 232 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside