image.jpg
highScores.jpg
full5.jpg
full4.jpg
full3.jpg
full2.jpg
full1.jpg
image.jpg
There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I was digging through there and no sign of 1182.
Please email me if you need more help. [email protected]
Thank you.
LTG : )

Will do. Thanks for looking into it.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I was digging through there and no sign of 1182.
Please email me if you need more help. [email protected]
Thank you.

Sorry, it was #1382

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Sorry, it was #1382

Waiting on you. I already responded to #1382 and asked for your game's serial number. They require it now.

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Recorded a 1-ball game (unexpectedly ran out of time) yesterday which shows most of 1.24.

Thanks for the video, much appreciated.

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Waiting on you. I already responded to #1382 and asked for your game's serial number. They require it now.

Sent. What was weird is I never got a ticket update like before.

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

hey Pappy thanks for this info

I was just about to post this up.. You must have a new mac with OS 10.9

I get the message.

Apple is a pain in the ASS when it comes to OS updates.. Well actually I should rephrase that, I think what happens is Apple updates the OS but the software developers need to re write some code to make it work with the newest OS. So there is time involved with doing so .

I didn't get this problem. As the other guys have said, it's a security setting.

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Guess I have the same "concern". Those are the two moments that just need a little bit of polishing.

Keith? Will there be sound added to the Dorothy Capture video?

Thanks
Pappy

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Sent. What was weird is I never got a ticket update like before.

All took care of. Thank you for your help !

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I would love a thorough PAPA tutorial from Bowen to learn what I'm missing.

Yeah, I don't know what happened to the PAPA coverage of WOZ, they made a really cool pre-release video back in March and said that it would be the start of a series. That initial video got the most views of any of their videos on Youtube but nothing since then. I hope they do another one soon.

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Yeah, I don't know what happened to the PAPA coverage of WOZ, they made a really cool pre-release video back in March and said that it would be the start of a series. That initial video got the most views of any of their videos on Youtube but nothing since then. I hope they do another one soon.

I wonder if they are just waiting for the code to be more complete with updates coming out pretty much every month.

#161 10 years ago

Just had my best game on WOZ ever and reached Battle the Wicked Witch twice in the same game. I didn't get too far in that mode but seems really cool and reminds me a bit of Destroy the Ring. The last few updates have really made this game feel like a game. Having a wizard mode in the game really provides that progression feeling as its making you reach something. The new light shows, especially for an extra ball, are really cool as well. There also seems to be a lot of polish done to the games existing modes now with the past few updates as well as some new call outs added. Can't wait to see what else Keith has in store for WOZ.

A couple suggestions.

1. Call outs for "Big Points" after YBR big points collect music is played would be great.
2. Jackpot call outs for Rescue multiball as well as others for the shots in this mode are needed to make this mode feel more important and provide that accomplishment feeling.
3. Call out to signal that "Battle The Wicked Witch" is ready. The Wicked Witch insert lights up but a call out similar to LOTR's "The Ring Must be Destroyed" callout when Destroy the Ring mode is unlocked would be a nice touch.
4. More call outs, lol.

#162 10 years ago

please, sounds on the winkie guards also! Perhaps three different ones so you know how many you have to go. Also cause its a major shot and would be satisfying

#163 10 years ago

Someone said there are more callouts in the game files that are not currently implemented. What is with these random people making claims like that?

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

What is with these random people making claims like that?

They got bored with UFO and Elvis sightings ?

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

please, sounds on the winkie guards also! Perhaps three different ones so you know how many you have to go. Also cause its a major shot and would be satisfying

Yes! That would be awesome.

#166 10 years ago

I'm struggling with this update. All prior updates had gone smoothly. This one is kind of a nightmare. I have bought 2 new 16GB USB drives. I have downloaded UNETBOOTIN, along with the 1.24 iso file several times. My game was working perfectly. Ever since my first attempt to download, my screen just flashes NO SIGNAL INPUT over and over. I have tried to update it multiple times, re-doing the entire process each time. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I have put in a ticket at JJP. Any ideas of where to go from here?

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Any ideas of where to go from here?

Get in touch with Alex. He's pretty sharp with problem updates.

#168 10 years ago

What brand are the USB drives? It sounds like there's an issue with some.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I'm struggling with this update. All prior updates had gone smoothly. This one is kind of a nightmare. I have bought 2 new 16GB USB drives. I have downloaded UNETBOOTIN, along with the 1.24 iso file several times. My game was working perfectly. Ever since my first attempt to download, my screen just flashes NO SIGNAL INPUT over and over. I have tried to update it multiple times, re-doing the entire process each time. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I have put in a ticket at JJP. Any ideas of where to go from here?

You need Alex for sure on this one. Probably something simple.

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What brand are the USB drives? It sounds like there's an issue with some.

I use a 8gb PYN memory stick, formatted to fat32.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Any ideas of where to go from here?

Alex already called him and got it going.

#172 10 years ago

Yes, thanks very much to Alex and Lloyd. Apparently, I needed to reset the motherboard. A simple push of a button, and my update went perfectly. I just played my first game with 1.24. Even more fun than before. The extra ball feature is great, but it definitely made the game way easier. I actually got 624k on my first game with the new version. I love my WOZ! I can't wait for The Hobbit!

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Yes, thanks very much to Alex and Lloyd. Apparently, I needed to reset the motherboard. A simple push of a button, and my update went perfectly. I just played my first game with 1.24. Even more fun than before. The extra ball feature is great, but it definitely made the game way easier. I actually got 624k on my first game with the new version. I love my WOZ! I can't wait for The Hobbit!

Glad you are enjoying it!!

#174 10 years ago

#175 10 years ago

Hopefully a Liquidate the Witch low time score will eventually be implemented into the game. Very cool wizard mode.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

» YouTube video

is this video of the melt the witch? Would appreciate a "spoiler alert" if it is. thanks.

#177 10 years ago

He gets to the 2 ball mode but doesn't complete the shots. So it's probably good.

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

is this video of the melt the witch? Would appreciate a "spoiler alert" if it is. thanks.

Why would someone watch a video showing the new changes since a code update... if they didn't want to see the new changes since the code update???

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Why would someone watch a video showing the new changes since a code update... if they didn't want to see the new changes since the code update???

There is a big difference in seeing some lighting effects or changes like that than seeing a mini-wizard mode.

Did I really have to just explain that?

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

There is a big difference in seeing some lighting effects or changes like that than seeing a mini-wizard mode.

I thought it was obvious. But who knows.

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I thought it was obvious. But who knows.

BTW, the lighting effects are great. during a MB I got a replay immediately followed by being awarded an extra ball. Very nice light show.

There do need to be callouts for ECMB. It is really hard to look up at the screen to see your progress so not sure what is left in the throne room. The lock insert being lit for the corresponding character is very helpful. Maybe that is happing at the throne room and I'm just missing it.

Looking forward to 1.25!

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Apparently. Sorry, I read the title of the video that said WOZ 1.24 GAMEPLAY VIDEO, not WOZ 1.24 - Lighting Effects Only Video.

What a stupid response.

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Apparently. Sorry, I read the title of the video that said WOZ 1.24 GAMEPLAY VIDEO, not WOZ 1.24 - Lighting Effects Only Video.
What a stupid response.

Apology accepted.

#184 10 years ago

Getting ready to run this update on a customers machine and I don't think the UNETBOOTIN program worked correctly.

I have followed the directions and downloaded the unetbootin program and the 1.24 ISO file and when I run the program on my new 32 gb thumbdrive it only takes about 6 seconds for the program to finish. I don't see anything occurring during step 2 where it should be extracting files like shown in the directions.

When it's done I only have 5 files in the thumb drive
casper-rw 33,792 kb
menu.c32 60kb
syslinux.cfg 1 kb
ubnfilel.txt 0 kb
ubnpathl.txt 0kb

Am I doing something wrong?

#185 10 years ago

Just put the 1.24 WOW this game is near of perfect
Tks Jersey Jack
Now it miss only the final modes

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Getting ready to run this update on a customers machine and I don't think the UNETBOOTIN program worked correctly.
I have followed the directions and downloaded the unetbootin program and the 1.24 ISO file and when I run the program on my new 32 gb thumbdrive it only takes about 6 seconds for the program to finish. I don't see anything occurring during step 2 where it should be extracting files like shown in the directions.
casper-rw 33,792 kb
menu.c32 60kb
syslinux.cfg 1 kb
ubnfilel.txt 0 kb
ubnpathl.txt 0kb

Are you using a Mac or a PC?
It took a few minutes for unetbootin to transfer the file to my thumb drive.
Try a different PC or thumb drive if you have to. I ask about if it's a Mac because some people here have experienced issues with getting them to work. Can't say if they resolved that issue or not.
Burn the file on a DVD as well as unetbootin then bring them to your public library or work PC and copy them to the desktop and try there. Leaving them on the DVD may slow the process down, or it may not work. I mentioned using a DVD just so you can transfer the file. Better yet, download it fresh from that other PC.

#187 10 years ago

Maybe WOZ should ship with a "certified" ruby usb slipper thumb drive with embedded update download program (until game itself connects direct to the Internet and updates automatically), would solve a lot of the update dramas me thinks

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Maybe WOZ should ship with a "certified" ruby usb slipper thumb drive with embedded update download program (until game itself connects direct to the Internet and updates automatically), would solve a lot of the update dramas me thinks

That stuff all costs money. I know it doesn't sound like much, but when you times it by the number of units shipped.
I think 98% of the the time it worked ok for people. And honestly, if someone gets stuck, just cover the price of the thumb drive and I will mail the ready to go thumb drive to them. I suspect JJP would do the same if someone was dead in the water.

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

That stuff all costs money. I know it doesn't sound like much, but when you times it by the number of units shipped.
I think 98% of the the time it worked ok for people. And honestly, if someone gets stuck, just cover the price of the thumb drive and I will mail the ready to go thumb drive to them. I suspect JJP would do the same if someone was dead in the water.

I have mailed out dozens... however most of the time I just jump on the phone with the person and fix it in 2 mins.

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

casper-rw 33,792 kb
menu.c32 60kb
syslinux.cfg 1 kb
ubnfilel.txt 0 kb
ubnpathl.txt 0kb

If you just have those files (which are the base loader kernel files) then your iso wasn't properly selected or was very incomplete. Can you check the size of the iso file? If you need assistance further PM me your phone number and ill call you to walk you through the process.

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I have mailed out dozens... however most of the time I just jump on the phone with the person and fix it in 2 mins.

I have sent you 2 PM's asking for assistance without a reply. It must be me.

#192 10 years ago

Red,

My bad. Ever since robin removed the PM notification at the top I'm missing them constantly.

#193 10 years ago

Got myself a LE for christmas (Hope i get it next friday)

Great with all the updates!

Pinchroma: Will we get a christmas gift ? (Update)

A suggestion: When you hold flipper to watch what modes you done and can start. Why not be able to flip between the once you can start and only that bulb lights on the PF. This way it will be very easy to understand how to start the next mode.

Maybe bad suggestion but i checked alot on youtube and it looks like there is a hard time figure out where to go next.

#194 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Red,
My bad. Ever since robin removed the PM notification at the top I'm missing them constantly.

I just have them forward to my email, only way I can stay on top of them since I get 100s now.

#195 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

If you just have those files (which are the base loader kernel files) then your iso wasn't properly selected or was very incomplete. Can you check the size of the iso file? If you need assistance further PM me your phone number and ill call you to walk you through the process.

The ISO file size is 3,781,572 kb

I'll try downloading it again, but this is getting inconvenient. I made a special trip out to purchase a larger thumb drive only to have this not work. I am supposed to head over there today to update this game (among other work) Would this have bricked his game if I had put this USB drive in without the extracted files?

#196 10 years ago

Check the JJP forum for a thread on a WOZ 1.24 torrent. I'm a seeder. Much more reliable than the CDN and will ensure no errors are present in the ISO file. Impossible to brick a WOZ, state of the hard drive is irrelevant when installing.

#197 10 years ago

OK, on a windows 7 computer, downloaded both the iso and the program again, reformatted the 32gb PNY thumbdrive (was and still is FAT32), reran the program (as administrator), selected the dot for disk image, drop down says ISO, selected freshly downloaded ISO file, Type is USB drive, selected the drive location for the thumbdrive and the program wizzes through in 6 seconds without extracting any files. So still not working.

#198 10 years ago

Honestly I wish the torrent would take off, it would solve all these issues. I don't think the CDN JJP is using can keep up. But it would also be nice if unetbootin told you if the ISO is corrupt.

#199 10 years ago

link to the torrent or the thread? I don't see it and Pinside's search engine never works.

#200 10 years ago

trying this on a different computer in the house and it appears to be working.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-v124-now-available/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.