Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinchroma
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

89056-i.jpg
    89055-i.jpg
    reefer_madness.jpg
    _ml_p2p_pc_carousel_badge.jpg
    image-608.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 10 years ago

Darn, away from home for a couple more days so no updating or WOZ for me until Fri nite. Of course, I'd rather be here doing what I'm doing now...

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from BriGuy5:

Played a few games. It just keeps getting better. No hold flippers during multiball made me laugh. Very hard to adjust your play style. Loving it.

I wish multiballs on ALL games had no-hold flippers. Multiball play is boring when you're trapping all but one ball on a single flipper. (Yes, I can and do play this way in competition, but it makes multiball more of a chore than a melee.)

1 week later
    #170 10 years ago

I'm guessing there will be more than one wizard mode. If games like WPT and LOTR are any indication...

BTW, this code is being worked on *diligently* by at least a couple of industry greats. Updates about one per month with significant progress in each. This is not a situation where the company is trying to crank out 3-4 games per year and abandoning shipped titles to focus on upcoming ones.

As an aside, I *love* the challenge of TNPLH. It makes a great ballsave challenge imo, and I look forward to getting it. The sudden death aspect is cool, with the hardest task first but you can still screw up on a later step. I hope it doesn't change!

#175 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Ok, I do really like the potential of this game and considering owning it one day. But of course code is key to games these days.
    So as far as you guys know there aren't any huge loopholes for, pardon the phrase, raping the game? (ie. doing one shot over and over for big points, or the game is only worth playing one mode/multiball for points and forget the rest because they are worth far far less)

Your second point: No. There is too much shot variety and balanced scoring (no "billion-point shots") to make one mode eclipse others. And I'm sure the scoring will be fine-tuned over time to ensure balance. Plus, many features build on or towards other, deeper features, so "visiting" all the modes will likely be the best way to get highest scores. That and stacking!

As to the first comment, yes, code is important, but in many recent games it is critical because the layouts are uninspired and pretty generic fan-based layouts. WOZ is the first pin I've seen in a while that has "shot depth" where hte variety and arrangement of things to shoot at is pretty different. The last really "different" game I can recall is WPT, which is sort of a hybrid of a fan layout with an open drop target game. So WOZ has BOTH shot variety and rule depth/integration, to a very high degree. I'm still discovering new stack combos that are pretty cool.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-v122-now-available?tu=stevenp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.