Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinchroma
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

89056-i.jpg
    89055-i.jpg
    reefer_madness.jpg
    _ml_p2p_pc_carousel_badge.jpg
    image-608.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchroma.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

All,

Version 1.22 is now available.

Please note this is a DELTA ONLY update. You must be running at least 1.18 to before upgrading to 1.22.

It can be downloaded from the following link:

http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/woz/

Please review the FAQ's associated with updating your game with a Delta.

FAQ For Delta Updates:
    http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com:8081/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wa/FaqActions/view?faqId=13

Below is a list of the changes from 1.21 through the release of 1.22.

==============================================================================
    == Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. ==
    == Presents ==
    == The Wizard of Oz ==
    == http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/ ==
    == Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JerseyJackPinball ==
    == Support Portal: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com ==
    == Company Twitter: @JJPinball ==
    == Software Deptartment Twitter: @JJPSoftware ==
    == Copyright © 2013 Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. ==

Comments, questions, and/or bug reports? Ask @JJPSoftware, which is monitored
    and responded by humans.

Issues with your game?
    Please open a ticket: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com

== Legend ==

+ Addition * Change/bugfix - Note

== Version 1.22 ==

=== Game Code

* Improved TNPLH choreography.
    + Weak Flippers Crystal Ball mode.
    + No-Hold Flippers Crystal Ball mode.
    + Reversed FLippers Crystal Ball mode.
    * Improved Toto round 2 choreography.
    + Some audits added.
    * Toto letter spotting showing "Toto Exhausted" fixed.
    * Reduce glitches in quad display.
    * Lowered gain on Oz lanes and TNPLH sounds.
    * "Cowardly" now dim until first letter in LION.
    * Updated Winkie guard graphics.
    + More bonus movies.
    * Fixed glitch in OTR attract mode rule sheet.
    * Fixed Wizard Collect sometimes not appearing.
    * Haunted scoring display vastly improved.
    * Rainbow and Twister displays now more animated.
    * Crystal Ball movies shortened.
    * Longer ballsaver grace period.
    + Adjustment to swap upper playfield flippers.
    + Logic to avoid top slingshot machine-gunning.
    + Shoot again graphics.
    + TNPLH collect graphics.
    * Game progress screen in status report stays up longer.
    + Castle playfield intro graphics.
    + Lollipop Lullaby Munchkin mode.
    + Munchkinland Multiball mode.
    * Fixed a case where Fireball Frenzy might not end.
    * Fixed hurry-build right inlane lamps (they were too bright).
    * Fixed hurry-build lamp effect lights staying on.
    + Hurry-build music.
    * Munchkinland Modes now 60 seconds.
    * Fixed Witch Hurryup white box.
    + Glinda now gives out (generally) helpful awards.
    * Witch Speech is now forced on Fireball Frenzy start.
    + JJP Logo lamp effect.
    + ECMB lock/start lamp effects.
    + Hurry-build collect fanfare.
    + Twister run lamp effect.
    * Fixed mystery lamp effect not going away.
    * Fixed witch's smoke screen.
    * Fireball Frenzy start animation tweaked.
    * Fixed score flashing after Toto or TNPLH.
    * Improved right magnet choreography.
    * Changed a bunch of z-orders to keep Glinda from showing up where she's not
    really wanted.
    * Disable top slingshot during TNPLH.
    * Tweaked text on Twister Ready display.
    * Fixed backspace/delete character in HSTD display.

=== Core Code

* Score multipliers working.
    * Replay and EB effects behave better when bonus causes an award.
    * Safeguard for continuing status report.
    + On-screen volume display.
    + Boot-up game info screen.
    + Speech rare-ifier.
    * Fixed potential movie crash.
    * Fixed Installer fail during delta update.

#11 10 years ago

Check your internet connection. Working perfectly for me. I see 31 people downloading now.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from c2scanada:

Thank you for staying late and getting the update done

I did most of it from 37,000 feet. I was in the air for 5 hours today on my way to AZ. When I landed I uploaded and did the release. That's why it's so late (nearly 10pm EST).

#16 10 years ago

Guys I heard an early report of the game possibly getting caught in a boot loop. If that does happen, reinstall 1.18 and then apply the 1.22 on top of it. I'm working on a fix now. It's not going to happen in every instance. It's due to some USB sticks being slower than others in reads. I am going to do a full release for 1.22 so that will be an available option.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Here's what was saved to my USB

image-608.jpg 5 MB

You are missing a few directories. Reextract the zip file you should end up with this:

woz_update

And inside it should be scripts and WizardOfOz

Make sure you extract the file to your mac then copy what it extracted to the USB stick. The mac will create a directory called WizardOfOz_Delta_1.22 likely in your downloads directory. Go into that folder and then you will see woz_update. Just copy that to the usb stick

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from c2scanada:

Update went fine used a newer USB 3.0 Thumb Drive

Yeah it's when someone uses an very old usb stick. I'm going to do a full to help those folks out. But hey a new one is only 10 bucks

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mantra:

Just riped off about 6 games. Alex this is a great update. Weak flippers with stacked multiball was awesome fun and really hard. The munchkinland colors and music/voice is much better (did not get the multiball yet). The reverse flippers really messes with your head lol. Nice lightning changes for multiballs and other little tid bits I noticed! Really good job its a great update Alex thank you!!

Thank Keith and Ted. They are the wizards behind it I handle the update delivery and release.

And yes reverse flippers are going to be the bane of many folks existence.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Still not see 1.22. If I drag my WOZupdate to my screen it creates a woz_update folder. If I click on that folder I get two folders, one says scripts and the other says WizardofOz. Clicking on WizardofOZ I get a folder that says data and a grey box that says game.
    Can a Mac user chime in and explain wtf I'm suppose to do with this thing. Thanks.

You aren't supposed to click on woz_update Just drag that folder to the usb stick

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

I'm using a two month old, 16gig USB drive, but now I'm going to try an old thumb drive. Still getting the same error screen.

PM me your phone number

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Just got done playing a few games with the new code. Very impressive!
    Is it just me, or do the flippers not feel all that weak during "Weak flipper multiball".

I don't know how keith is doing it. It's probably a % drop from whatever you have as your setting. So if your flippers are juiced it may be some % less but still not bad. I had mine at factory and when that mode kicked in back handing the ramp was damn near impossible and it wasn't so easy from the left flipper either.. definitely got sluggish.

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

But then that would mean paying extra for new modes! Oh wait...

Lol.

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Extremely Impressed at the speed that WOZ code has been coming out. The depth of this game will be epic!

We are on about a 30 day release schedule. First few updates were every 2 weeks. Now we are bulking more into each release so its monthly. At some point that will slow down as well as the updates become more about tweaks and fixes but we aren't there yet.

#100 10 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Alex, any guess on how many more "features" need to be completed? I would assume that after these are in place, the remaining patches would be bug fixes and possibly added animations, correct?

Can't say how many specifics. That's a Keith question

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Is xinerama configurable for dual output so the DVI port can be used to record an HD stream?

It is, I just haven't done it yet Maybe the next update.

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

Woz's whole theme from the get-go has been about the "Gayzeee"

Wow, Just wow.

#119 10 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Wow, updated mine from 1.21 to 1.22 and as we hit a few targets the games just shuts down and reboots. It has now done this 7 games in a row and we only played 7 lol. We can't even get past our first ball, it seem to be happening at random times hitting no particular target.

Hey Mike,

Thats strange. First report of this. I'll call you when I land back on the east coast. Can you roll back to 1.18 then install 1.21 and see if its still happening? Also can you take the glass off and see which targets cause it? Maybe they are on the same string? Something grounding? Definitely not sure what that could be but we will get it fixed.

#133 10 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

I haven't been following WOZ that closely but is this to cover the one under the house near the rollover side? There's one on location here and I walked away from it after every single ball that dribbled into that area got stuck bouncing between a sling and a rubber or two slings.. Could not stop the cycle without tilting it.

That's correct

#134 10 years ago

Youtube issues with IE9, trying to re upload now.
    Okay while youtube is taking FOREVER......................
    It is the Lion switch on the PF that crashes the game everytime it's hit.

Just that switch Mike? Thats a clear rollover with a leaf switch under it. Can you check to see that there isn't any issue with that leaf switch or the cables connecting to it?

#137 10 years ago

Is it possible when that switch gets hit it calls for a Lion animation or graphic that maybe corrupt and reboots the game?

That's very possible.

Run the update again.

Literally stick the USB stick in the game and run though the utilities / usb update menu. The game will automatically check the MD5 hash of all update files and repair if there are any errors.

P.S. i'm on wifi @ 37000 FT.

#139 10 years ago

Cool and hope you have hotspot with you incase you need to parachutte out and I need while your floating down.

Surprisingly (or not for me) I have a brick with me LOL. A verizon jetpack.

#143 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Doesn't the updater run integrity checks on the files before copying them to sda1?

It certainly does. Before and after. In any system a rare occurance or race condition on an fopen can cause a file write issue after the installer is done. It's hugely improbable but Id rather cover all bases.

#144 10 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

Pinchoma, can you explain to me why we dont get a/some videos from the JJP?
    Explaning code and new modes. I think it would be a good thing for the company too. Send out the videos and let WOZ spread on the youtubes.
    Only 1 employer needed, give him a cam and just show some new stuff. It cant be that hard.
    (stern the same, maybe worse)

I did the last one with 1.08 and said I would do another when the game is done as far as adding modes and features. Right now it would just be incomplete and inaccurate within 30 days.

#150 10 years ago
    Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

Lame ideas get thumbs down.

I don't forsee you being around long.

Lol well said.

#153 10 years ago

Alex,
    Problem fixed thanks. It appears it was a corrupt file but not from you guys but rather how it was read from my jump drive. I guess the machine don't like 64gb NTSF drives too much or maybe just that one particular drive, I switched to a 8gb FAT32 and updated once again now everything is working perfectly.
    Thanks for the help @ 37,000 feet.

LOL thanks! NTFS isn't "technically" supported just like exFAT. I didn't realize you had an NTFS formatted stick. Definitely the problem.

#155 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Am I the only one who thinks FAT32 is so antiquitated that it's quickly becoming problematic for modern applications? I mean nowaways you can't hardly rip a Blu-Ray and play it on a USB stick or external HDD on your PS3 or whatever because FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit and many non-PC devices still don't support NTFS.

It's a problem no doubt. NTFS is still way to proprietary to function properly cross platform and MS won't adopt any of the open filesystems so it's somewhat of a stalemate.

#161 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I hope you find it big enough, for updates.
    LTG : )

Error - not enough space to complete data insertion.

Lol

#168 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Is there a Wizard mode in this game?

It's coming. Code isn't quite finished yet but isn't terribly far off.

#171 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

<<It's coming. Code isn't quite finished yet but isn't terribly far off.>>
    I am encouraged by the update, but just curious if there are any assurances it will be finished. Or is it just 'hopefully there will be another update' as with Stern games?
    Also hope the whole Rescue upper playfield already does something, but all vids I watch nobody ever gets it. Or they open the little door and the ball goes inside, but nothing happens.
    Ball save mode is cool, but kind of long. Seems like a lot of work to save one's ball, should be mixed up and user should be asked to do unexpected things each time. I mean a blacked-out RAINBOW mode is cool enough to be a real mode, not a ball save task. Bit strange to me, but novel idea. Might not have patience to do all that work and just let it drain so I can start earning points again (I assume you get no points during ball save tasks)

This is the assurance. It WILL get finished and it's not far off. Watch the videos on 1.22. The explanation you are giving sounds like videos of very old code. Like rescue for example which btw is very difficult.

#176 10 years ago
    Quoted from spandol:

Alex, how about Jackpot callouts? Is that something planned on? Also, being told what to shoot when I reach ECMB. Will that happen so I son't have to look to the screen? I know it may have been asked before many times, but I never found an answer.
    Thanks very much!
    S

There are jackpot callouts coming. I tried to find a video of them. Jack actually has showed them before I believe on his iPad ages ago. I couldn't find the video though.

ECMB callouts are coming too. Like "shoot the ramp". That's all the tweaks and whatnot that will polish the game when modes and whatnot are done.

#182 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

I don't think we ever "heard" them, but he did show a Rescue Multiball jackpot video on his iPad at one time.
    See below at around 1:50. Couple other things depicted in that whole section we haven't seen yet.
    » YouTube video

then maybe it was just something I heard listening to audio files. They exist I'm pretty sure

#187 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I didn't come across any in the full installation.

Not in this install set . And stop cracking open my ISO's you! Lol.

#189 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I figured this was fitting.
    » YouTube video

LOL! Dreamcast was the best system ever made. Great graphics, great games, and DUMB "encryption/copy protection".

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchroma.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-v122-now-available?tu=pinchroma and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.