Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinchroma
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

89056-i.jpg
    89055-i.jpg
    reefer_madness.jpg
    _ml_p2p_pc_carousel_badge.jpg
    image-608.jpg
    There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 10 years ago

Lol. Haven't you seen the show?

#152 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

That's very possible.

Run the update again.

Literally stick the USB stick in the game and run though the utilities / usb update menu. The game will automatically check the MD5 hash of all update files and repair if there are any errors.

P.S. i'm on wifi @ 37000 FT.

Alex,

Problem fixed thanks. It appears it was a corrupt file but not from you guys but rather how it was read from my jump drive. I guess the machine don't like 64gb NTSF drives too much or maybe just that one particular drive, I switched to a 8gb FAT32 and updated once again now everything is working perfectly.

Thanks for the help @ 37,000 feet.

#153 10 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Alex,
    Problem fixed thanks. It appears it was a corrupt file but not from you guys but rather how it was read from my jump drive. I guess the machine don't like 64gb NTSF drives too much or maybe just that one particular drive, I switched to a 8gb FAT32 and updated once again now everything is working perfectly.
    Thanks for the help @ 37,000 feet.

LOL thanks! NTFS isn't "technically" supported just like exFAT. I didn't realize you had an NTFS formatted stick. Definitely the problem.

#154 10 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks FAT32 is so antiquitated that it's quickly becoming problematic for modern applications? I mean nowaways you can't hardly rip a Blu-Ray and play it on a USB stick or external HDD on your PS3 or whatever because FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit and many non-PC devices still don't support NTFS.

#155 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Am I the only one who thinks FAT32 is so antiquitated that it's quickly becoming problematic for modern applications? I mean nowaways you can't hardly rip a Blu-Ray and play it on a USB stick or external HDD on your PS3 or whatever because FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit and many non-PC devices still don't support NTFS.

It's a problem no doubt. NTFS is still way to proprietary to function properly cross platform and MS won't adopt any of the open filesystems so it's somewhat of a stalemate.

#156 10 years ago

Point of interest: full installs will work from a NTFS stick, but not updates.

#157 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

Point of interest: full installs will work from a NTFS stick, but not updates.

The best sticks are not Fat32 or NTFS, but NSFW. Yup. Those are my favorite.

#158 10 years ago

Hmm let me check to see if my stick is NSFW. *Looks in pants*

#159 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I hope you find it big enough, for updates.

LTG : )

#160 10 years ago

Upload bandwidth.

#161 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I hope you find it big enough, for updates.
    LTG : )

Error - not enough space to complete data insertion.

Lol

#162 10 years ago

Coredump

#163 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

no no no, that's a floppy disk!

#164 10 years ago

Cant beat a good old fashioned hard drive...

#165 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

Cant beat a good old fashioned hard drive...

Or a big ram.

#166 10 years ago

Nice update. Just spent a few hours playing it. A few notes:

The music assigned to the hurry ups sounds a bit grandiose considering they occur quite often.

When you are in EC multi-ball and you get one of the crystal ball flipper modes it sorta kills any chances of completing it.

If you are playing fireball frenzy and start another mode it makes it pretty tough to see what and what not to hit.

Being able to stack every single mode and in any possible order may be a tad much.
    I'm sure future updates will address some of these issues.
    Can't wait to get destroy the witch mode update, hopefully soon.

#167 10 years ago

Is there a Wizard mode in this game?

#168 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Is there a Wizard mode in this game?

It's coming. Code isn't quite finished yet but isn't terribly far off.

#169 10 years ago

<<It's coming. Code isn't quite finished yet but isn't terribly far off.>>

I am encouraged by the update, but just curious if there are any assurances it will be finished. Or is it just 'hopefully there will be another update' as with Stern games?

Also hope the whole Rescue upper playfield already does something, but all vids I watch nobody ever gets it. Or they open the little door and the ball goes inside, but nothing happens.

Ball save mode is cool, but kind of long. Seems like a lot of work to save one's ball, should be mixed up and user should be asked to do unexpected things each time. I mean a blacked-out RAINBOW mode is cool enough to be a real mode, not a ball save task. Bit strange to me, but novel idea. Might not have patience to do all that work and just let it drain so I can start earning points again (I assume you get no points during ball save tasks)

#170 10 years ago

I'm guessing there will be more than one wizard mode. If games like WPT and LOTR are any indication...

BTW, this code is being worked on *diligently* by at least a couple of industry greats. Updates about one per month with significant progress in each. This is not a situation where the company is trying to crank out 3-4 games per year and abandoning shipped titles to focus on upcoming ones.

As an aside, I *love* the challenge of TNPLH. It makes a great ballsave challenge imo, and I look forward to getting it. The sudden death aspect is cool, with the hardest task first but you can still screw up on a later step. I hope it doesn't change!

#171 10 years ago

<<It's coming. Code isn't quite finished yet but isn't terribly far off.>>
    I am encouraged by the update, but just curious if there are any assurances it will be finished. Or is it just 'hopefully there will be another update' as with Stern games?
    Also hope the whole Rescue upper playfield already does something, but all vids I watch nobody ever gets it. Or they open the little door and the ball goes inside, but nothing happens.
    Ball save mode is cool, but kind of long. Seems like a lot of work to save one's ball, should be mixed up and user should be asked to do unexpected things each time. I mean a blacked-out RAINBOW mode is cool enough to be a real mode, not a ball save task. Bit strange to me, but novel idea. Might not have patience to do all that work and just let it drain so I can start earning points again (I assume you get no points during ball save tasks)

This is the assurance. It WILL get finished and it's not far off. Watch the videos on 1.22. The explanation you are giving sounds like videos of very old code. Like rescue for example which btw is very difficult.

#172 10 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

I'm guessing there will be more than one wizard mode. If games like WPT and LOTR are any indication...
    BTW, this code is being worked on *diligently* by at least a couple of industry greats. Updates about one per month with significant progress in each. This is not a situation where the company is trying to crank out 3-4 games per year and abandoning shipped titles to focus on upcoming ones.
    As an aside, I *love* the challenge of TNPLH. It makes a great ballsave challenge imo, and I look forward to getting it. The sudden death aspect is cool, with the hardest task first but you can still screw up on a later step. I hope it doesn't change!

Looks like there will be two. Battle The Wicked Witch as a midpoint wizard mode from collecting the emeralds mentioned in the first rulescreen below and Somewhere Over the Rainbow by collecting diamonds which is referred to in the second rulescreen.

89055-i.jpg89055-i.jpg
    89056-i.jpg89056-i.jpg

#173 10 years ago

Ok, I do really like the potential of this game and considering owning it one day. But of course code is key to games these days.

So as far as you guys know there aren't any huge loopholes for, pardon the phrase, raping the game? (ie. doing one shot over and over for big points, or the game is only worth playing one mode/multiball for points and forget the rest because they are worth far far less)

#174 10 years ago

Alex, how about Jackpot callouts? Is that something planned on? Also, being told what to shoot when I reach ECMB. Will that happen so I son't have to look to the screen? I know it may have been asked before many times, but I never found an answer.

Thanks very much!
    S

#175 10 years ago

Ok, I do really like the potential of this game and considering owning it one day. But of course code is key to games these days.
    So as far as you guys know there aren't any huge loopholes for, pardon the phrase, raping the game? (ie. doing one shot over and over for big points, or the game is only worth playing one mode/multiball for points and forget the rest because they are worth far far less)

Your second point: No. There is too much shot variety and balanced scoring (no "billion-point shots") to make one mode eclipse others. And I'm sure the scoring will be fine-tuned over time to ensure balance. Plus, many features build on or towards other, deeper features, so "visiting" all the modes will likely be the best way to get highest scores. That and stacking!

As to the first comment, yes, code is important, but in many recent games it is critical because the layouts are uninspired and pretty generic fan-based layouts. WOZ is the first pin I've seen in a while that has "shot depth" where hte variety and arrangement of things to shoot at is pretty different. The last really "different" game I can recall is WPT, which is sort of a hybrid of a fan layout with an open drop target game. So WOZ has BOTH shot variety and rule depth/integration, to a very high degree. I'm still discovering new stack combos that are pretty cool.

#176 10 years ago
    Quoted from spandol:

Alex, how about Jackpot callouts? Is that something planned on? Also, being told what to shoot when I reach ECMB. Will that happen so I son't have to look to the screen? I know it may have been asked before many times, but I never found an answer.
    Thanks very much!
    S

There are jackpot callouts coming. I tried to find a video of them. Jack actually has showed them before I believe on his iPad ages ago. I couldn't find the video though.

ECMB callouts are coming too. Like "shoot the ramp". That's all the tweaks and whatnot that will polish the game when modes and whatnot are done.

#177 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

There are jackpot callouts coming. I tried to find a video of them. Jack actually has showed them before I believe on his iPad ages ago. I couldn't find the video though.
    ECMB callouts are coming too. Like "shoot the ramp". That's all the tweaks and whatnot that will polish the game when modes and whatnot are done.

Please don't show us, just knowing that they are coming and then being surprised will be awesome, haha

#178 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Awesome Alex, many thanks. Everything is coming together!

#179 10 years ago
    Quoted from spandol:

Awesome Alex, many thanks. Everything is coming together!

Agreed. Call outs are gonna be amazing for this game.

#180 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

SWEET!

#181 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

I don't think we ever "heard" them, but he did show a Rescue Multiball jackpot video on his iPad at one time.

See below at around 1:50. Couple other things depicted in that whole section we haven't seen yet.

#182 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

I don't think we ever "heard" them, but he did show a Rescue Multiball jackpot video on his iPad at one time.
    See below at around 1:50. Couple other things depicted in that whole section we haven't seen yet.
    » YouTube video

then maybe it was just something I heard listening to audio files. They exist I'm pretty sure

#183 10 years ago

Great video.
    When is the next code? end of November?

#184 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

then maybe it was just something I heard listening to audio files. They exist I'm pretty sure

I didn't come across any in the full installation.

#185 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Probably not even in the current full install yet. Its going to be awesome to have some jackpot callouts in the game. Fingers crossed for a loud "Super Jackpot" wizard call out!

#186 10 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Nice update. Just spent a few hours playing it. A few notes:
    If you are playing fireball frenzy and start another mode it makes it pretty tough to see what and what not to hit.

That is by design. The Crystal Ball modes are the Wicked Witch screwing with you, trying to mess you up. The reversed flippers, weak flippers, no hold flippers, lights on/off are her making life hard for you. The nice upside is the 2 ball multiball for some of them.

Hint: Keep the Glinda target lit by hitting the rubber next to the Witch target. (there is a switch hidden behind that rubber) When Glinda is lit (the Wand target between the Winkie guard and the ramp), hitting the Wand will help counter the Crystal Ball modes.

#187 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Not in this install set . And stop cracking open my ISO's you! Lol.

#188 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Not in this install set . And stop cracking open my ISO's you! Lol.

I figured this was fitting.

#189 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I figured this was fitting.
    » YouTube video

LOL! Dreamcast was the best system ever made. Great graphics, great games, and DUMB "encryption/copy protection".

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-v122-now-available/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.