6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinchroma
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

89056-i.jpg
    89055-i.jpg
    reefer_madness.jpg
    _ml_p2p_pc_carousel_badge.jpg
    image-608.jpg

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 6 years ago

updated to 1.22. Thanks.

#52 6 years ago

All that I can say is my 3rd game was just my best game on this machine since I got it. High score #4
    I saw the light show. Reverse flipper mode is crazy. Lolli pop something mode with different music felt like a carnival. VERY WELL DONE. I am really liking this game more and more all the time.

#53 6 years ago

I'm using a two month old, 16gig USB drive, but now I'm going to try an old thumb drive. Still getting the same error screen.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

I'm using a two month old, 16gig USB drive, but now I'm going to try an old thumb drive. Still getting the same error screen.

PM me your phone number

#55 6 years ago

Props to Pinchroma! On the phone tech support at 9pm... wow... I was cruising through the menus too fast and the USB didn't have time to load. Thanks, Alex! Now, to try it out...

#56 6 years ago

Darn, away from home for a couple more days so no updating or WOZ for me until Fri nite. Of course, I'd rather be here doing what I'm doing now...

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from xfassa:

I can't say for sure this is the result of the update but I might have a problem. The first six unnumbered lights on the yellow brick road are different colors and flash oddly. I rebooted the game and I get the same thing. Even in attract mode as it switches colors, the first six unnumbered lights are different from all the rest of the playfield lights.
    Example: When all the playfield lights are blue, the first six unnumbered lights on the yellow brick road are cyan(ish). They are different for all the colors except red. Odd.....any ideas?
    Other than that, the new code plays really well.

That's because they are not clear inserts. They are screened over. It's always been that way (obviously) you just didn't notice. Put the game in Service Menu and you'll see those six appear yellow because the light is passing through the yellow brick road artwork.

#58 6 years ago

That's a lot of stuff added. Great to see.

#59 6 years ago

Can't update until tomorrow, but looking forward to it. Any "JACKPOT!" callouts with this update?

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

And yes reverse flippers are going to be the bane of many folks existence.

Especially those with T-Rex arms playing a widebody machine.

#61 6 years ago

Just got done playing a few games with the new code. Very impressive!
    Is it just me, or do the flippers not feel all that weak during "Weak flipper multiball".

#62 6 years ago

Played a few games. It just keeps getting better. No hold flippers during multiball made me laugh. Very hard to adjust your play style. Loving it.

Also, when TNPLH started, the flippers flipped to coincide with the slippers on screen, ala Addams family. Nice touch! I know I saw that recommendation awhile back.

Light shows getting even better, same with sound.

#63 6 years ago

videosssssssssssss

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Just got done playing a few games with the new code. Very impressive!
    Is it just me, or do the flippers not feel all that weak during "Weak flipper multiball".

I don't know how keith is doing it. It's probably a % drop from whatever you have as your setting. So if your flippers are juiced it may be some % less but still not bad. I had mine at factory and when that mode kicked in back handing the ramp was damn near impossible and it wasn't so easy from the left flipper either.. definitely got sluggish.

#65 6 years ago

Please upload a video for poor, yet interested peasents like me.

Have fun with exploring the new code!

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from BriGuy5:

Played a few games. It just keeps getting better. No hold flippers during multiball made me laugh. Very hard to adjust your play style. Loving it.

I wish multiballs on ALL games had no-hold flippers. Multiball play is boring when you're trapping all but one ball on a single flipper. (Yes, I can and do play this way in competition, but it makes multiball more of a chore than a melee.)

#67 6 years ago

I can't wait to go play this Tomm at my buddy's house . He called and told me its like a whole new game. Keep it up guys !

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

It's probably a % drop from whatever you have as your setting. So if your flippers are juiced it may be some % less but still not bad.

Yeah it's like 2/3 whatever setting you have it on, so if you have your flippers set to "nutcrackers," they'll probably feel just about right..!

#69 6 years ago

Holy smokes this game is getting really really good!

#70 6 years ago

Downloading now! Can't wait to play it. Sounds like it's really a great update. Thanks JJ.

#71 6 years ago

Was this build on the machines at Expo?

#72 6 years ago

i put this in the other thread - i think it shoul be in this one - sorry for posting twice

how do you update once on the stick - do you stick the usb in and then turn the game on - or do you turn the game on and then go into menu and do the update that way

i put 1.22 on my usb - plugged it in - turned the game on - after 5 minutes it said remove stick and reboot game

i did that and i was back to 1.18 - when i was at 1.21

so now i went into menu - usb - put the stick in and updated that way - took about 10 seconds - now it says 1.21

should it say 1.21 after it loads - even though it's 1.22

thanks for your help

ed

#73 6 years ago

Is this light show new to code 1.22?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/WDgSD_iaHBI?autoplay=1&rel=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WDgSD_iaHBI

That is so cool how the playfield lights turn red and blue to match the LCD when the JJP logo comes up.

_ml_p2p_pc_carousel_badge.jpg

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

i put this in the other thread - i think it shoul be in this one - sorry for posting twice
    how do you update once on the stick - do you stick the usb in and then turn the game on - or do you turn the game on and then go into menu and do the update that way
    i put 1.22 on my usb - plugged it in - turned the game on - after 5 minutes it said remove stick and reboot game
    i did that and i was back to 1.18 - when i was at 1.21
    so now i went into menu - usb - put the stick in and updated that way - took about 10 seconds - now it says 1.21
    should it say 1.21 after it loads - even though it's 1.22
    thanks for your help
    ed

Ed,

You may not have the USB stick prepared quite right as it will definitely say 1.22 when done. Try:

#75 6 years ago

Will update tomorrow after work. I'm hoping the weak flipper mode starts really weak where you can barely make a designated close shot. After hitting it, then flipper power is boosted enough to make a slightly longer shot. With each made shot the flippers get stronger or else weaker with missed shots until finally completing the mode by making the ramp shot and putting the "weak flipper" controversy to bed. Own it!

#76 6 years ago

Fantastic! Thanks to the whole crew. It just gets better and better.

#77 6 years ago

Just did mine. I love how easy it is to do these updates. Looking forward to playing it more later today.

#78 6 years ago

beautiful code
    thank you

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Yeah it's when someone uses an very old usb stick. I'm going to do a full to help those folks out. But hey a new one is only 10 bucks

But then that would mean paying extra for new modes! Oh wait...

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

But then that would mean paying extra for new modes! Oh wait...

Lol.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

I wish multiballs on ALL games had no-hold flippers. Multiball play is boring when you're trapping all but one ball on a single flipper. (Yes, I can and do play this way in competition, but it makes multiball more of a chore than a melee.)

Yeah I don't trap balls either, but I will catch the ball as it's coming down the playfield and hold the flipper til the ball reaches the flipper then time the release. Can't do that with no hold flippers so it's fun to try and adjust. When your flippers return to normal function, it almost feels like a diff game because you get used to no hold.

Only thing that doesn't feel right are the munchkin modes. I'm not excited when I get them going, although haven't done mball.

#82 6 years ago

After hearing about the no hold flippers crystal ball mode I'm hoping that a difficulty setting for the spinning house mini playfield is introduced where you cannot hold up the flipper. That would make qualifying for a Munchkin mode much more difficult and force players to use even more skill to time the orbit shots in the mini playfield.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

Ed,
    You may not have the USB stick prepared quite right as it will definitely say 1.22 when done. Try: » YouTube video

wow thanks for posting that - I did everything the same way except after I extracted I did not move it - going to do that now - thanks ed

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from sebseb12:

beautiful code
    thank you

That is practically speechless for you. The code must be pretty good now.

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

After hearing about the no hold flippers crystal ball mode I'm hoping that a difficulty setting for the spinning house mini playfield is introduced where you cannot hold up the flipper. That would make qualifying for a Munchkin mode much more difficult and force players to use even more skill to time the orbit shots in the mini playfield.

Just wait until you're in a multiball and trying to start a munchkin mode, it is not easy to do in the least. Maybe when not in a mb kill the hold on the flipper but if you can use it while in a mb it is needed.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

That is practically speechless for you. The code must be pretty good now.

Updated crazy
    Great,,,,,,,
    Very well
    thank you alex
    I played a bit.
    Keith is sick (lol) with the new modes of the ball.
    I thought woz would move to the rules of a lord.
    But now I think it will look to benefit from the rules of Simpson.
    JJP thank you, keith,,,,

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from sebseb12:

Updated crazy
    Keith is sick (lol) with the new modes of the ball.

The sickness is called Keefer Madness.

I can't wait to get my game so I can partake.

#88 6 years ago

I will admit that early on I thought of selling Woz. The code updates have made it spectacular with lots to do and see. The music and lighting changes are incredible. Thanks team JJP.

#89 6 years ago

reefer_madness.jpg

#90 6 years ago

The update is fantastic! Thanks

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

Ed,
    You may not have the USB stick prepared quite right as it will definitely say 1.22 when done. Try: » YouTube video

worked perfectly - thanks again for posting that - tracing my steps i can understand that the first thing i did was a full install back to 1.18 as i stuck the stick in and turned the game on

then i realized i was at 1.18 and stuck the stick in with the game on and i went back to 1.21 as i only use this stick for woz update

after watching the utube video i moved the extracted file as it showed

put it in with game on and did the update - 1.22

thanks again for the help - people like me don't do this to often and forget - look i stupid i was to put it in with the game off

hopefully i remember this 4-6 weeks from now for the next update

thanks again for taking the time to post that

ed

#92 6 years ago

I'm in my pre-delivery "NO PLAY WOZ" time. I think I'm only a few weeks away from going down to the house that Jack built and picking up MY game. And this is probably the software version that will be on it when it comes. I am beyond excited by that. Well done everyone at JJP!

#93 6 years ago

How do we turn back the inserts of "hurry up" and "Glenda"?
    The increase they hurry up?

#94 6 years ago

I think it would be really cool if the music slowed down during the weak flippers mode.

#95 6 years ago

Extremely Impressed at the speed that WOZ code has been coming out. The depth of this game will be epic!

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Extremely Impressed at the speed that WOZ code has been coming out. The depth of this game will be epic!

We are on about a 30 day release schedule. First few updates were every 2 weeks. Now we are bulking more into each release so its monthly. At some point that will slow down as well as the updates become more about tweaks and fixes but we aren't there yet.

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

We are on about a 30 day release schedule. First few updates were every 2 weeks. Now we are bulking more into each release so its monthly. At some point that will slow down as well as the updates become more about tweaks and fixes but we aren't there yet.

Alex, any guess on how many more "features" need to be completed? I would assume that after these are in place, the remaining patches would be bug fixes and possibly added animations, correct?

#98 6 years ago

I gotta say those are some great features

Looking FW to wearing out my welcome at various homes/locations in the STL area

See, I can keep it real

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I gotta say those are some great features
    Looking FW to wearing out my welcome at various homes/locations in the STL area
    See, I can keep it real

Road trip back to Pintucky's pretty soon!

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Alex, any guess on how many more "features" need to be completed? I would assume that after these are in place, the remaining patches would be bug fixes and possibly added animations, correct?

Can't say how many specifics. That's a Keith question

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 27.50
    $ 4.00
    Playfield - Decals
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Flipper Parts
    TheDudeMods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 339.00
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 7,599.00
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 53.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside