View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0444.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 10 years ago

The update, and friends who are playing 1.21 convinced me to make it a Family Holiday Present!
(sorry, Gary..Star Trek will have to wait)

Even though it should be ready this week...I will have it kept boxed until the Holidays!!!

Its looking and playing amazing!!

What a huge difference from a couple months ago!

#302 10 years ago

Yes, I have tossed the idea of selling it twice now. It has grown on me especially after this update. It's currently my only pin. I am playing it a ton now and this update has really made it more fun.

#303 10 years ago

Just saw the Match for the first time. Very effective!

#304 10 years ago

First post on WOZ for me.....had mine for < 3 months ( WOZECLE # 771, purchased from a distributor for a premium) and the thing thing just blows me away.....great support from JJP, and this last update is amazing!!!...bugs getting minor, and gameplay w lightshow and screen animations like nothing I've played before....reminds me of a modern TZ...polarizing machine ? maybe, staying in my collection for a looooooooong time a definite!! Btw I've got and overhead halogen ( 40w recess ceiling mount)dimmed to about 30% ... Playfield color rich on playfield pics and LEDS rock...you NEED to play this thing w newest code!!....mark

image.jpgimage.jpg

#305 10 years ago

Has my 3 yr old asking to play pinball daily.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#306 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

First post on WOZ for me.....had mine for < 3 months ( WOZECLE # 771, purchased from a distributor for a premium) and the thing thing just blows me away.....great support from JJP, and this last update is amazing!!!...bugs getting minor, and gameplay w lightshow and screen animations like nothing I've played before....reminds me of a modern TZ...polarizing machine ? maybe, staying in my collection for a looooooooong time a definite!! Btw I've got and overhead halogen ( 40w recess ceiling mount)dimmed to about 30% ... Playfield color rich on playfield pics and LEDS rock...you NEED to play this thing w newest code!!....mark

Congrats on your getting your WoZ! Nice setup.

Mind me asking where you go that glowing green kit form. I need that.

#307 10 years ago

Green flipper buttons from CT.....under and behind cabinet LED strip from supersaving360 on eBay...$19.75 for 300 5050 LEDS on a roll......they have tons for dirt....

#308 10 years ago

I wired a separate power supply that triggers when machine turns on...didn't want to add any power draw to the machine.....

#309 10 years ago

I can't stop watching the video

#t=53

#310 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I can't stop watching the video
» YouTube video

Lol! Same here. The game has really come alive with 1.21! Can't wait to see whats next and oh yeah get my game of course, haha.

#311 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great cabinet lights! Where did you get those? I love it.

#312 10 years ago

Green flipper buttons from CT.....under and behind cabinet LED strip from supersaving360 on eBay...$19.75 for 300 5050 LEDS on a roll......they have tons for dirt....I just wanted this shade of green for mine......

I wired a separate power supply that triggers when machine turns on...didn't want to add any power draw to the machine.....

It "glows" nicely in between my TZ and TAF, almost purple on the transition if you're in the room....

#313 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It "glows" nicely in between my TZ and TAF, almost purple on the transition if you're in the room....

Hell yeah it does!

#314 10 years ago

Thanks Rferullo.......freakin' love the machine!!!!

#315 10 years ago

Since getting my WoZ, TAF and TZ really don't get played much now. They both might be on the chopping block soon.

#316 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Since getting my WoZ, TAF and TZ really don't get played much now. They both might be on the chopping block soon.

Wow, I'm amazed by the recent comments that are similar to this one.

#317 10 years ago

Yeah, my STTNG is getting jealous. Might be selling that soon to pay for the Hobbit!

#318 10 years ago

I wonder what the thinking was behind having the white blinking Rainbow lights stay white (but not blinking) when hit in "There's No Place Like Home." Seems to make it a little harder than it has to be to tell on the fly which ones have been hit and which ones haven't been. The same thing goes for the Rescue lights, which brighten but which are still a bit of a challenge to differentiate at a glance. Is there a reason for not switching colors in both cases? I imagine so, but I thought it was worth asking.

#319 10 years ago

Because you're in sepia mode when doing There's No Place Like Home, I think they wanted to keep the black and white feel. Hence, no color.

MY question is: has anybody else had a problem lowering the default high scores? I lowered them all down in the menu, but it didn't have any effect when playing the game. Is this a bug? I'll feel like an idiot reporting it if I'm doing something wrong...I don't think I'll EVER make it to 250,000, which is the lowest high score.

#320 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Because you're in sepia mode when doing There's No Place Like Home, I think they wanted to keep the black and white feel. Hence, no color.

Makes sense, but I wonder if it can be tweaked in some way. Just a thought.

#321 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

MY question is: has anybody else had a problem lowering the default high scores? I lowered them all down in the menu, but it didn't have any effect when playing the game. Is this a bug? I'll feel like an idiot reporting it if I'm doing something wrong...I don't think I'll EVER make it to 250,000, which is the lowest high score.

I had that issue too. You need to do a hstd reset after lowering the scores.

#322 10 years ago

Whoops deleted post.. had JJP group open at same time.. responded to wrong forum

#323 10 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Most likely a licensing issue.. didn't someone bring up early on that all of the voices you hear from the witch, lion, sc, and tm are all studio voices.. probably will never hear any actual voices from the movie.. therefore no original soundtracks...

It wasn't a licensing issue. It was due to there being nothing pinball related and given the quantity of content in/going in custom just needed to be done and mixing custom and original would have sounded odd.

#324 10 years ago

B9....can't put my others on the chopping block, but with this latest update, the game is getting crazy addictive...finally hit fireball frenzy for the first time, and the screen looked so cool, I looked up and &$!?@ drained down the center......so pissed had to go outside for a few, then went back at it....truly a shotmaker's dream ( or nightmare)..... Mark

#325 10 years ago

I suspect a soundtrack might make it in somewhere before all is said and done.....just a guess, of course......

#326 10 years ago

Quoted from Rferullo:

Yeah, my STTNG is getting jealous. Might be selling that soon to pay for the Hobbit!

Quoted from MK6PIN:

B9....can't put my others on the chopping block, but with this latest update, the game is getting crazy addictive...finally hit fireball frenzy for the first time, and the screen looked so cool, I looked up and &$!?@ drained down the center......so pissed had to go outside for a few, then went back at it....truly a shotmaker's dream ( or nightmare)..... Mark

I think we can all agree that this IS THE Addams Family of the 21st century! Here's the list of similarities:

New never before seen playfield technology
New display technology
Quality proven Williams parts
Timeless theme
Family friendly
Limited Edition
Large production run projected
Makes all other games look old
Trumps competition (Data East/Stern)
Tremendous creative freedom for designers
Hand-drawn artwork
Synchronized with a movie release (75th in HD 3D)
Making the media
Seeing record earnings and plays on location
Brings non-pinheads into the hobby
Released during an upswing in pinball
And of course, uses a few Addams Family references.

#327 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

After you lower the default values, you have to go into the resets menu and reset the high scores. That's when your new defaults will take effect.

#328 10 years ago

Got it...thanks!

#329 10 years ago

TNPLH is purposefully set to white rainbow, once ( and if) you light them all, 2 more shots, WOZ and Crystal ball, then 4th,5th shot...under munchkinland, then clean through tree loop to finish the mode...B/W movie clips in the background on screen.....hard as hell to complete...I've managed it only once...the game has many, many mode sequences in place already....currently, trying to bash the witch for hurry up to reach fireball frenzy again.....not happening tonight.....mark

#330 10 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Bingo!!! That's they key right there.

#331 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

B9....can't put my others on the chopping block, but with this latest update, the game is getting crazy addictive...

That's great news and I'm glad you're having a blast playing the heck out it.

#332 10 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Thanks for the tip

#333 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My friend played my WOZ before 1.21 and he said it was very very addictive. Now that it has more code, he hasn't played it once. I think he's afraid that if he plays he will really have it bad and will want one, which he can't afford. When he comes over he looks at my WOZ, like a recovering drug addict looking at a pile of drugs. He's got that "look". Might have to start a WOZ anonymous group.

#334 10 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

When he comes over he looks at my WOZ, like a recovering drug addict looking at a pile of drugs. He's got that "look".

You might not want to have sharp objects or blunt instruments within the gameroom vicinity when he comes over for you safety, just throwing that out there

#335 10 years ago

You might not want to have sharp objects or blunt instruments within the gameroom vicinity when he comes over for you safety, just throwing that out there

Ok, with a name like "deathHimself", sounds like you've got some experience there. Point taken.

#336 10 years ago

too funny.....but maybe a good point.......

#337 10 years ago

I attacked the Witch until about 2am last night...paying for it today at work.... have to take it a little easier tonight,too old for this all night stuff...VERY addictive..........

#338 10 years ago

This game is looking better and better. Can't wait to get mine.

I haven't been paying attention to the rules that much because I want to learn them on my own when I get the game so please excuse me if these questions have already been answered or if they seem stupid. Why do most of the insets look like they are on attract mode? It looks like this could be distracting due to the lack of the GI.

Also this probably goes to all the people who own the game. When all the modes are stacking it seems as though all the sounds are stepping on top of each other. There is a sound for every switch on top of the background music and sometimes the background music playing is for one mode but not the others. Having all these modes going on at the same time seems confusing. Does it get easier after playing the game?

#339 10 years ago

re inserts in attract mode...as good as videos are, they are not showing how the lights are interacting with the game. When I watch a video, I shake my head as it does not look anything like that in person..there are color dilenations while looking at them in person..totally different experience.

Yes, its gets easier when playing. The code is far from finished so there is a bit of sounds stepping on each other..but it kind of all works and makes sense when playing. This should all be tweaked as the code develops. I am sure others will be more articulate in explaining this.

#340 10 years ago

it gets easier after playing the game but the callouts are confusing if there. I've started MBs during other modes and there was no indication that I can tell as far as sounds go nor was there a video clip. The code must be a total PITA on this game.

I assume it will all get worked out eventually.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.50
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-v121-now-available/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.