0122211253 (resized).jpg
IMG_45271 (resized).jpg
IMG_45281 (resized).jpg
IMG_45291 (resized).jpg
IMG_6370 (resized).jpg
IMG_6365 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 3 years ago

Thanks for patiently waiting! The link is here to get in on the ordering. I'll wait a bit before publicizing to anyone else, appreciate everyone following along with this and checking back in. Price is set to an early adopter level and will go up after the first 30 are gone. I think the site will let you keep ordering even in future batches (it will not say "in stock" anymore) but you can still get in on the price if you're quick enough before I post this around in a day or so.

https://pinballmods.co/munchkinland-upgrade-wizard-of-oz

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Let me know if you need specific dimensions or close ups. I have both the Standard PS lights and Omega or whatever they are called versions. The Omega are slightly wider and have a return lip on the outer edge.

I had PM'd Harry offering to help with this as well BUT since you have both it would be better if you could take some close up pictures of both PS lights that would help Harry get an idea as to whether they would fit or if modification to the hut would need to happen.

#103 3 years ago

I have materials here to make a pinstadium mockup so I'll see what kind of space is needed. Might be able to mod the roof, which is fairly easy compared to the rest of it) to give space for the lighting.

#104 3 years ago

Beautiful looking mod, but for some reason their scale makes the spinning house look silly.

How much bigger are they than the stock houses?

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Beautiful looking mod, but for some reason their scale makes the spinning house look silly.
How much bigger are they than the stock houses?

I mean, that would be the scale in the movie, right?

In some dimensions no larger (can't be much closer to the house than the original) and in other directions (front to back) quite a bit (maybe double).

#106 3 years ago

In this first pic the pinstadium just touches first hut by the arm.

IMG_45291 (resized).jpgIMG_45291 (resized).jpg
#107 3 years ago

Couple more, down view, side view.

IMG_45271 (resized).jpgIMG_45271 (resized).jpgIMG_45281 (resized).jpgIMG_45281 (resized).jpg
#108 3 years ago

Nice. Thanks for that. I'll see if we can put a channel/slot/trough through the roof. That seems like the only possibility.

#109 3 years ago

Looking at your pic on website again.....
I think it just may fit in.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Looking at your pic on website again.....
I think it just may fit in.

I was thinking the same thing.

#111 3 years ago

Uploading a video now. Are you guys using the magnetic strip ones or the plastic vertical mount ones? Those sit different locations or approximately the same?

#112 3 years ago

Magnetic, my pinstadiums are at least 4 years old at this point. Version 2 if i remember right.

#113 3 years ago

Did I understand the need properly? Does this video help?

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Nice. Thanks for that. I'll see if we can put a channel/slot/trough through the roof. That seems like the only possibility.

Not trying to be a nag Harry but I’m just curious of the ramp sign because it’s in the picture .Just wondering if it comes with or if it’s available to offer both together .I haven’t seen it on your site and I think it’s a great add . Thanks bud

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Not trying to be a nag Harry but I’m just curious of the ramp sign because it’s in the picture .Just wondering if it comes with or if it’s available to offer both together .I haven’t seen it on your site and I think it’s a great add . Thanks bud

Not yet. That, throne room and topper are all coming down the pipeline. We're working on some finishing touches for the sign, that one is say v0.8 or so. A few more revisions and we should be ready. Stay tuned!

#116 3 years ago

Planting roses today

0122211253 (resized).jpg0122211253 (resized).jpg
#117 3 years ago

Did I understand the need properly? Does this video help?

So if it doesn't fit can we return? I wouldn't mind trying it out

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So if it doesn't fit can we return? I wouldn't mind trying it out

Yeah, if it is in new condition you can return anything. If one of the early adopters is here I'd hope they would be able to test first. If someone ordered early and has pinstadium let me know and I'll get one to you to test.

#119 3 years ago

For those asking about size comparison. Yes, it has size. All of it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#120 3 years ago

Yeah, if it is in new condition you can return anything. If one of the early adopters is here I'd hope they would be able to test first. If someone ordered early and has pinstadium let me know and I'll get one to you to test.

You know I did and do... lol

Always happy to help.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Always happy to help.

Thanks, sorry haven't watched the orders. Wasn't remembering if you were asking or if ordered. I'll get yours to you ASAP so we can know. TY

#122 3 years ago

The scale of objects is never perfect in a pin, but these just look too big for me. Especially when side by side with the originals. Am sure you'll do well with them though.

#123 3 years ago

Just grabbed the Munchkin huts, some veggies (corn stalks) and a busted piece of fence - they all look great! I have Pinstadiums in my wife's WOZECLE, happy to let you know how the huts fit when I get them installed.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Always happy to help.

Looking at your pics in the WoZ club thread I don't think I placed my angle low enough for your kind of pinstadiums. I don't know where the magnet people install them (if they put them as high up as possible) but your LED L-channel is about 5-8mm lower than I had mine in the video, I think. Would you be able to take a pic both vertically (looking straight down at the huts/pinstadiums) and then from the side (horizontally so I can see just what vertical elevation the LED channel is at)?

Still possible to make something custom for both versions.

#125 3 years ago

Looking at your pics in the WoZ club thread I don't think I placed my angle low enough for your kind of pinstadiums. I don't know where the magnet people install them (if they put them as high up as possible) but your LED L-channel is about 5-8mm lower than I had mine in the video, I think. Would you be able to take a pic both vertically (looking straight down at the huts/pinstadiums) and then from the side (horizontally so I can see just what vertical elevation the LED channel is at)?

Magnet owner here - they go as high up as possible aleast for me.

#126 3 years ago

I ordered the huts a couple of days ago. I also have pinstadiums magnet mounted on my WOZ. I have the lights mounted as high as possible. I am attaching some photos showing current clearances with the stock huts.

3DD88C86-3E2E-49B7-B4A6-0A263C77AD43 (resized).jpeg3DD88C86-3E2E-49B7-B4A6-0A263C77AD43 (resized).jpeg9409C7B1-086C-462B-8148-3E4188AB92D2 (resized).jpeg9409C7B1-086C-462B-8148-3E4188AB92D2 (resized).jpeg
#127 3 years ago

Yeah Scott, when I had mine mounted with magnets, I had them higher. When I used the Hovers, they are a little lower but they should be adjustable so I should be able to raise them up if needed. I could always add something under them between the foot and rail if I really need to get creative. But moving that back mount a half inch forward will raise the back some. I may just move the entire right pin stadium forward a touch without adjusting the Hovers and it will be closer to the glass. I'll play with it when the huts get here.

I'll take a couple pics that you requested later today.

#128 3 years ago

Nice job. Wanted to do that years ago but never happened. Glad you fixed it.

#129 3 years ago

Thanks folks! Production is going full steam and I'm looking into the pinstadium clearances.

1 week later
#130 3 years ago

Programming is done. Here are the options:

Button 1 - Color, 5 choices which change the depth/saturation of the kisses and hue of the windows.
Button 2 - Brightness, 10 levels which affect windows and kisses as well as "off"
Button 3 - Effect, 9 different options which give a combination between kisses on/off, windows on/off and either/both flickering randomly or synced (so either each kiss flickers on it's own or they are sycned in their flickering). For example, setting 1 is kisses flickering randomly and windows off. Setting 4 is kisses and windows flickering randomly. It's basically every combination of on/off, random/synced/steady on.
Button 4 - Speed, 5 levels of randomness/effect frequency. From a slow, every second or so flicker to something that happens 4-5x a second.

We will be planting flowers and installing the roofs this week. Hope to ship the first batch by the end of the week.

#131 3 years ago

Programming is done. Here are the options:
Button 1 - Color, 5 choices which change the depth/saturation of the kisses and hue of the windows.
Button 2 - Brightness, 10 levels which affect windows and kisses as well as "off"
Button 3 - Effect, 9 different options which give a combination between kisses on/off, windows on/off and either/both flickering randomly or synced (so either each kiss flickers on it's own or they are sycned in their flickering). For example, setting 1 is kisses flickering randomly and windows off. Setting 4 is kisses and windows flickering randomly. It's basically every combination of on/off, random/synced/steady on.
Button 4 - Speed, 5 levels of randomness/effect frequency. From a slow, every second or so flicker to something that happens 4-5x a second.
We will be planting flowers and installing the roofs this week. Hope to ship the first batch by the end of the week.

Awesome. Can’t wait for that upgrade!!

#132 3 years ago

Hello, am I rigth to understand that the ligthing of the houses will be interactive in the V2?

#133 3 years ago

Correct. There will be an add-on module which will allow interactivity with the ball locks and balls running through the house. This will be an add-on to this version and newer versions, meaning it will be the same amount of work and cost. We just don't have your PCBs back from the factory and tested. Once those arrive and we can validate and program them then we will have the option for complete integration.

Same with our Throne Room, Topper and Ramp Sign.

Quoted from etien:

Hello, am I rigth to understand that the ligthing of the houses will be interactive in the V2?

#134 3 years ago

Same with our Throne Room, Topper and Ramp Sign.

Sound very good, I better start saving as you may have a returning customer for the Throne Room, ramp sign and Munchkinland. ( happy customer of your witch )

Just a point, something that has frustrated me with the illuminated "transparent drop target mod" since I installed it is the bright green light in the middle over an ever changing RGB color schemes of the playfield which makes the WOZ so special. (the transparent drop target mod is cool still). This should not be an issue for the Throne Room as it stays green all the time already, same for the ramp sign the 3 small leds should be discreet enough, the illumination of the Munchkinland may be more visible though. Don’t know it is possible, but what could be great if it could follow the RGB color scheme nuances of the GI around it. Some cheap color sensors exit that could be used for this effect.

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Sound very good, I better start saving as you may have a returning customer for the Throne Room, ramp sign and Munchkinland. ( happy customer of your witch )
Just a point, something that has frustrated me with the illuminated "transparent drop target mod" since I installed it is the bright green light in the middle over an ever changing RGB color schemes of the playfield which makes the WOZ so special. (the transparent drop target mod is cool still). This should not be an issue for the Throne Room as it stays green all the time already, same for the ramp sign the 3 small leds should be discreet enough, the illumination of the Munchkinland may be more visible though. Don’t know it is possible, but what could be great if it could follow the RGB color scheme nuances of the GI around it. Some cheap color sensors exit that could be used for this effect.

Hi Etien!

A few thoughts. There are RGB color changing lights that could be used for random color rotation for the drop target. That being said we are in-fact working on solutions for this. The control board which would provide interactivity to the Munchkinland hut will also work for the Throne Room and Ramp Sign (as well as mods on other JJP games) to provide more interaction with the game. Lighting is one of those integrations. Being able to read an existing light color should be able to be accomplished and mimicking that on output should also be doable.

With the Munchkinland huts there isn't any location that really suffers from this because the top "kisses" are all painted a color and the windows have a "glow" to them (very unsaturated light of yellow/amber/greenish selections) to mimic a house interior. But I do agree with the drop target, we may something coming out for that later this year, as well.

We do have your Crystal Ball mod sitting here waiting to be shipped. You'll be getting the first throne room

#136 3 years ago

House construction continues over the weekend.

0206211019 (resized).jpg0206211019 (resized).jpg
#137 3 years ago

Hi Etien!
We do have your Crystal Ball mod sitting here waiting to be shipped. You'll be getting the first throne room

Hi, simpler that you mail them together; I am not in any hurry it’s just pinball

#138 3 years ago

Assembly is happening. First batch expected to be shipping out in the next day or so. I think we have close to 30-35 hours in to each hut when it is all said and done. So many tiny details. 5 coats of paint, two coats of clear. Hand painted windows, planted plants, grass. 5 individual magnets epoxied. 7 lights hand soldered and glued. It's a chore but they look great!

#139 3 years ago

2nd batch is sold out, we're looking at 8-12 weeks now for new orders.

#140 3 years ago

Put me on the next batch please

#141 3 years ago

Assembly is happening. First batch expected to be shipping out in the next day or so. I think we have close to 30-35 hours in to each hut when it is all said and done. So many tiny details. 5 coats of paint, two coats of clear. Hand painted windows, planted plants, grass. 5 individual magnets epoxied. 7 lights hand soldered and glued. It's a chore but they look great! [quoted image]

Can’t wait to get mine!

#142 3 years ago

We're going to delay shipping just a bit. As we were doing final testing of the first batch I didn't like how the front wall fit around the cable that comes out of the ball lock. We made a change to the front wall and are reproducing them now. We'll start shipping in the next few days. Thanks for your patience while we make sure these are the best.

#143 3 years ago

Going in boxes, delivered by twister to your doorstep.

#144 3 years ago

How do we know if we're in the first batch? Second batch? Third batch?

Just curious!

#145 3 years ago

Well, you would know if you got a tracking number last week that you were in the first batch, but it seems like our store is having an issue sending tracking emails right now I'm looking in to it now. If you message me your order number I can check and let you know. We should have the 2nd batch out in the next 2 weeks. When you ordered on our site if you saw 2-3 weeks as the timeline then you were in the 1st or 2nd. If you saw 4-6 weeks then you were in the 3rd and anyone after that will see 8-12 weeks as we get caught up. I think we'll have all of the orders out by the 2nd week of March no matter when you ordered. We've managed to make a bunch of other parts while finishing the first batch and have been able to streamline a lot of small, tedious parts.

Working on the install video and I'll post that shortly.

#146 3 years ago

Here is the install video. For those who watch it preemptively please let me know if anything isn't clear. Still processing the HD versions but should be done soon.

#147 3 years ago

Well, you would know if you got a tracking number last week that you were in the first batch, but it seems like our store is having an issue sending tracking emails right now I'm looking in to it now. If you message me your order number I can check and let you know. We should have the 2nd batch out in the next 2 weeks. When you ordered on our site if you saw 2-3 weeks as the timeline then you were in the 1st or 2nd. If you saw 4-6 weeks then you were in the 3rd and anyone after that will see 8-12 weeks as we get caught up. I think we'll have all of the orders out by the 2nd week of March no matter when you ordered. We've managed to make a bunch of other parts while finishing the first batch and have been able to streamline a lot of small, tedious parts.
Working on the install video and I'll post that shortly.

No way I remember what the delay was at. PM'd you my order number

#148 3 years ago

Hey Scott, Munchkinland landed today! There's a switch. Great delivery time. Installed just now. Love it!

Thank you!!!
IMG_20210222_224143175 (resized).jpgIMG_20210222_224143175 (resized).jpg

#149 3 years ago

Looks great! Thanks for the feedback in email as well, I will incorporate that with the install video.

Looks like we got enough doubled up on that everyone in 2nd and 3rd batches will be taken care of next week. Then we're taking a break for a while so we can focus on ramp signs and throne rooms. You can still order on the site, but we won't be producing for a few months since they take so much time, room in our shop and focus.

#150 3 years ago

Thanks to some early owners of this mod we have some feedback on the install. Suggestion is to remove the pins from the connector to fit through the area needed. Personally I fished the connector through being careful of the area but there is a switch there and a diode which can get in the way. If you remove the wires from the 3 pin JST connector it would be much easier to get it through. Here is a video on removing those pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 91.00
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-upgraded-munchkinland-huts-amp-lock-ball-add-on/page/3?hl=robobot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.