Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by waynetrane
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 53 days ago

It's been an eyesore for a long time and we've been working on an ultimate solution for months. We didn't want to just make a quality direct replacement, we wanted to plus it up a bit. So aside from being a direct, plug and play solution which should be installed in moments, there are a few unique features which we think really makes this shine.

- Munchkin hut molded details including windows and doors
- Textured and tinted window glass
- Extended footprint to cover more of the exposed mechs in the game including major extension to the rear to cover more of the dead space
- Molded wire covers to hide both the front and rear exposed wire harnesses
- Extended front block wall to cover brackets and mounting screws, textured with painted 3d bricks to match the movie
- Newly added rear trellis with planter to include vines, trailing plants and poppies hand crafted from individual leaves and vines matching the movie
- Translucent sparkly gumdrop roof toppers
- Hand painted trim
- Center planted garden area
- Thick and strong PLA+ printed parts in high detail
- Textured wall coating for realistic finish
- Textured roof thatching

Now to the interactivity. While this is an optional add-on, I think it will be a want for most people:
- Fully customizable interactive lighting controller with 4 button keypad for setting many options
- Direct plug and play, no splicing, joining wires, soldering or modifications to the existing game at all
- Addressable 5050 RGB LEDs positioned within each window and roof gumdrop
- Default state with be dimly lit sparkling windows and gumdrops, showing the munchkins are home
- With each ball lock successive windows light up bright emerald green (or another selected color) and each roof gumdrop topper lights up and sparkles

Here is a rendering of our current model, probably version 8 or so. You aren't seeing a lot of the textures, flowers, etc which are being added or hand created on finished pieces. We are printing out version 9 now and working on the lighting placement. Once it is painted and we take some pics I will get pricing released and ordering open. This will be slow to make, 9 or 10 printed parts, I think, maybe more. Hand glued individual flowers, lighting installation, painting, etc.

As with other complex mods we will open up a discounted pre-order so we can order parts in bulk and save some money on economies of scale. We have 2 or 3 other WOZ mods that are being designed at the same time so stay tuned for a nice upgrade package coming around the bend.

If you have questions or thoughts, now's a good time so we can incorporate any changes before full production.

#2 53 days ago

We represent the lollipop guild. Sign me up.

#3 53 days ago

Looks great! I will buy one.

#4 53 days ago

to follow

1 month later
#5 16 days ago

Hi Guys & Gals,

Here is an updated prototype. These take, let me stress this, FOREVER to produce lol. There is a ton of really fine detail and they are very large. In fact, we had to slice it up in to individual sections to even fit on the printers. This is the main hut structure, roof and clear "drops" on the roofs. We have a small amount of tweaking to do with mounts for lighting and the controller but it's coming along in-between other projects.

As you can see the roof has been throughly detailed and modeled to match the movie. The drops are clear and will be lit from under, reacting to ball movement in the game, same with the windows. Next step is to refine the few functional issues and print a final version and paint. We have lots of cool details that will be added. These will be fairly expensive as they take literally days to print and will require a lot of hand finishing and detail work but they will be worth it. It adds a huge piece that is missing from the game.

#6 16 days ago

I like where this is going

#7 16 days ago

It looks fantastic

#8 16 days ago

To follow

#9 13 days ago

I’m in!

#10 13 days ago

looks great so far

#11 13 days ago

Looking good!

#12 13 days ago

No question, you are on the right way dude!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 11,500.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside