By tiesmasc

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOZ_Rulesheet_Version_1-25.pdf (PDF preview)
WOZ Rulesheet Version 1-23.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

Good idea. I'd agree the rules are spread out over a bunch of different places at the moment. One question that came up a few days ago. What are the requirements for melting the witch?

From your rulesheet:

Mini-Wizard Mode: Wicked Witch Battle Mode

After starting ECM, Rescue Multiball, a Munchkin Mode, and Fireball Frenzy you can start WWBM by hitting the witch. This is a 2 ball multiball where you must hit the lit shots, lock a ball behind Winkie, hit the ramp, and then hit witch in order to Liquidate the Witch and be awarded a Jewel (light a Jewel at the XXX for collection). Loss of a ball ends the mode (I believe).

From a post on the WOZ fan club:

Quoted from Pimp77:

I figured out something that's been killing my "melt the witch" win percentages. I've always thought that you had to turn all 4 arrows red in stage 1, but you only need to hit any combination of those shots 4 times whether they're white or red!!! Here I've been failing and draining on that damn crystal ball shot or left loop when all you have to do is rape the right loop or wizard hole 4 times! Of course you probably get more points by turning all the arrows red, but hot damn I can beat her easily now!

I had previously thought you had to hit each shot, turning it from white to red. I have not been able to confirm that what Pimp77 said, but pinball_keefer posted only a few posts later, shooting down a different comment, but leaving this one alone. This makes me think Pimp77 is correct.

As for how it ends, yes, draining one ball does end the mode, but you do have a bit of a ballsaver early on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 16.95
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
13,000 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-rulesheet-2?tu=herg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.