By tiesmasc

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOZ_Rulesheet_Version_1-25.pdf (PDF preview)
WOZ Rulesheet Version 1-23.pdf (PDF preview)

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Link to most recent version of rulesheet --> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-rulesheet-2#post-3013858

Original first post below
===============
After playing and immensely enjoying the Wizard of Oz pinball and trying to better understand the rules I found that a lot of information was available but not in a single cohesive place and that a rulesheet initiated here did not seem to get completed.

So I've drafted a first revision and had it posted to http://papa.org/2015/05/18/wizard-of-oz-rulesheet/ (Thanks MHS!) I've also attached a PDF version at the bottom of this post.

This version of the Guide should be considered incomplete and I welcome and encourage additions, corrections, and editorial suggestions to improve the document.

Note: Portions of the rulesheet have been directly copied or paraphrased from the Wizard of Oz Operations Manual from June 2015 identified with 70-0001-00 and/or pages on the Pinball News Wizard of Oz pages, an initial rulesheet and discussion located at Pinside, and a wizard mode video located at funwithbonus.

Regarding the PDF... the color coding of the text ... red indicates an area that I need help with and green represents info I pulled from Pinside forums.

#2 8 years ago

Good idea. I'd agree the rules are spread out over a bunch of different places at the moment. One question that came up a few days ago. What are the requirements for melting the witch?

From your rulesheet:

Mini-Wizard Mode: Wicked Witch Battle Mode

After starting ECM, Rescue Multiball, a Munchkin Mode, and Fireball Frenzy you can start WWBM by hitting the witch. This is a 2 ball multiball where you must hit the lit shots, lock a ball behind Winkie, hit the ramp, and then hit witch in order to Liquidate the Witch and be awarded a Jewel (light a Jewel at the XXX for collection). Loss of a ball ends the mode (I believe).

From a post on the WOZ fan club:

Quoted from Pimp77:

I figured out something that's been killing my "melt the witch" win percentages. I've always thought that you had to turn all 4 arrows red in stage 1, but you only need to hit any combination of those shots 4 times whether they're white or red!!! Here I've been failing and draining on that damn crystal ball shot or left loop when all you have to do is rape the right loop or wizard hole 4 times! Of course you probably get more points by turning all the arrows red, but hot damn I can beat her easily now!

I had previously thought you had to hit each shot, turning it from white to red. I have not been able to confirm that what Pimp77 said, but pinball_keefer posted only a few posts later, shooting down a different comment, but leaving this one alone. This makes me think Pimp77 is correct.

As for how it ends, yes, draining one ball does end the mode, but you do have a bit of a ballsaver early on.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks! I've been trying to get through all the posts (over the last few years) and then to also try and distinguish between old s/w and newer s/w. I'll find that thread and read it in more detail.

I'm also hoping that pinball_keefer might contribute some

FYI: Much of the rulesheet came from the actual WOZ manual and flowchart (and my interpretation of it) combined with reading the pinside posts I found.

#4 8 years ago

I unfortunately have yet to get as far as the mini-wizard mode or collecting gifts or ... (having only played maybe 20 games and scoring a max of about 300k). Hence my needing lots of help for the areas of the game I've never seen!

#5 8 years ago

For the haunted modes, the shots required for each should be fairly easy to figure out.
I would guess they are:
Bumpers= tree bumpers and balloon bumper
Targets=any stand target and likely the drop target
Shots= the 6 main shots (or is it only 4)...right and left orbits, crytsal ball through spinner, ramp, castle VUK, throne room
Holes=the Castle VUK, Crystal ball VUK, Throne room VUK, Winkie VUK

It would be great to have Keith chime in and help correct anything in this thread that needs clarification.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Shots= the 6 main shots (or is it only 4)...right and left orbits, crytsal ball through spinner, ramp, castle VUK, throne room
Holes=the Castle VUK, Crystal ball VUK, Throne room VUK, Winkie VUK

Pretty sure Throne Room is just a hole, not a shot too.

Do slings count as a bumper? How about the OZ sling?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Pretty sure Throne Room is just a hole, not a shot too.
Do slings count as a bumper? How about the OZ sling?

I guess I can take the glass off and confirm all these tonight.

#8 8 years ago

I can correct some details, but I can't write the rulesheet. Not enough time.

I will say for Witch Battle, yes, just 4 shots are needed. As it says on-screen, white shots double the jackpot, red shots just add the base value (starts at 6250). That means a successful witch kill with all 4 white shots scores 100K.

For Haunted Bumpers, slings count, yes. Haunted shots should be the 6 main pf shots (including vuks), house loop, search loop, and PROBABLY the castle vuk too. Would have to check. For the holes, it's all VUKs and the house drain.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I guess I can take the glass off and confirm all these tonight.

IMO, that's really the only way to do this right. Since Keith claims he's too busy.

#10 8 years ago

This is helping a ton! Thank you everyone.

After giving people a few more days to comment, etc. I'll try to get another version out this weekend with these improvements... and some specific questions built into the document (that I might also pose directly to this forum).

#11 8 years ago

Love what you are doing.

here are a couple of corrections

** 75th edition has a red tinted backglass where the others are greenish

** the 1500 machine limited on the 75th was removed. there is no longer a limit of production

Design Credits:

** Eric Meunier - Engineering

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

IMO, that's really the only way to do this right. Since Keith claims he's too busy.

Here is what I found with the glass off for Haunted Modes:

Bumpers- slingshots, Balloon bumper, tree bumpers and OZ lane slingshot

Targets- All stand targets throughout the entire playfield including the Witch Castle playfield and Balloon targets, the Winkie Drop Target, also hits to the Witch castle door count
(Note: the rollover switches and rollover button targets DO NOT award points for the Targets Haunted mode)

Shots- the left orbit through the trees, the right orbit, the ramp, the Winkie target or Winkie VUK, through the spinner to the Ball VUK, the Munchkin playfield around the house loop, the Witch castle search loop (The throne room and Horse of a different color back to the shooter lane shots do not count)

Holes- Throne Room VUK, Crystal Ball VUK, Witch Castle VUK located behind the door, the Hole in the Munchkin playfield where the ball falls down onto the main playfield, Winkie VUK

#13 8 years ago

Some input and corrections...

ECMB:
"Collecting gifts requires you to rollover any character and then collect that character at the ramp. (Do this 3x once for each or just any 3 even with repetition?)."
- you must shoot a rollover of a character you haven't collected yet, and then shoot the ramp. Don't know what you mean by any 3 with repetition --- but you can't hit any rollover three times followed by the ramp. Each one must be hit. And you can't stack rollover shots prior to collecting a character on the ramp.

Crystal Ball modes:
- An INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT part you left out is the color of the BALL letters corresponds to each of the modes that will start if you shoot the spinner shot to the VUK. These should have been a some of the pinside rules posts, but I understand it might be difficult finding the information: Blue = lights out. Yellow = lights on. Green = Weak flippers. Red = No Hold Flippers. Light blue = Flipper Frenzy (reversed flippers).

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Here is what I found with the glass off for Haunted Modes:

[...]
Targets- All stand targets throughout the entire playfield including the Witch Castle playfield and Balloon targets, the Winkie Drop Target, also hits to the Witch castle door count
(Note: the rollover switches and rollover button targets DO NOT award points for the Targets Haunted mode)
[...]

Thank you DCFAN!

To be explicit then the Haunted Targets includes:
Balloon Targets,
Ball Targets,
Winged Monkey Targets,
Winkie Drop Target,
Rainbow Targets,
Rescue Targets,
Castle Door,
Haunted Forest SKILL Target,
Witch Target,
?Glinda Target?

Note: Glinda Target question (b/c I can see where that counts as a target... but it also could extend the mode... does it do both?)

#15 8 years ago

where do you want to receive input? In this thread?

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

where do you want to receive input? In this thread?

This thread, pinside mail (PM), or email (tiesmasc at yahoo dot com). Whatever you prefer.

#17 8 years ago

Right orbit loads the gumball machine?????

I feel as though I've entered the Twilight Zone.

#18 8 years ago

Surprised it took that long for someone to catch... (I found it a few days ago but after I had it posted to papa... obviously I used the TZ rulesheet as a baseline reference/style to copy for this sheet)

Version 1.1 is coming along nicely with all the improvements and feedback.

#19 8 years ago

Sweet. I'll have to read this to learn and/or contribute!

EDIT: quick correction in the HOADC section. A successful collection of 4 horses also adds 0.5 to the munchkin mode bonus collection multiplier for munchkin modes played that same ball (this is capped at 10x I believe). 5 horses adds 1x to the multiplier, 6 horses adds 1.5x, etc...

Skillshot addition: the skillshots are worth different base values- Oz and Witch are worth 5000 each starting and the haunted forest is worth 7500 as the base value (I think the ball is too). Each successive skillshot of the same type adds 1000 to the base value. You get skillshot opportunities at the start of every ball and after locking balls and getting a new one served to the shooter lane. It creates a little competition in multiplayer games to lock balls before the other person to get the skillshots because you don't get them if a locked ball is released into play from the PF obviously.

Will read the whole thing this weekend.

#20 8 years ago

For what happens in ECMB after you collect all three gifts, the Wizard says "Onto the next level", but you get victory laps until the multiball ends, I believe that is shooting the ramp and the orbits, but not 100% sure, and don't know what kind of points you get.

#21 8 years ago

Okay... I've made significant progress thanks to all of you posting!!!

I've got a version 1.1 almost ready to go... but still have many questions so before I publish I'm going to post explicit questions (and hopefully get some responses). Please quote the question when replying... and thank you (again) in advance!

Skill shot availability
=============
A skill shot is available whenever a ball is served to plunger lane (excluding the start of multiball)
Question: What about after a HOADC collect shot? do you get a skill shot then? (Which would make doing this collection more valuable)

Skill shot scoring
===========
Does the BALL skill shot start at 7500?

Glinda Awards
=========
Need some serious help here... I've got virtually nothing. I believe I've read that the award depends upon what mode you are in... so please add/correct the below.
* During crystal ball mode - reverts to "normal" for 15 seconds (excluding flipper frenzy)
* During haunted mode - adds time (10 seconds?)
* During witch attack - ?
* During fireball frenzy - ?
* During emerald city multiball - ?
* During rescue multiball - ?
* During TNPLH - ?
* During Munchkin mode - ?
* During ???
* During no mode - variety of awards (spots rainbow letter, ...???)

Wizard Awards
=========
I have Light Extra Ball, Spot Character, Multiball, Points (2,500, 5,000, 7,500, 10,000, …), and Light Special. Are there other awards?

HOADC
=====
I don't fully understand how the Munchkin Multiplier works. Assume it is added to the regular multiplier (so if at 4x via oz lanes and you have 2x from HOADC this adds to 6x). Is that correct or is it an independent multiplier?
Also, does it only apply to munchkin mode points or is it just a multiplier adder (for everything)

TNPLH
====
A few times I have spelled Rainbow with one shot (very early in the ball). How did I do this? (Was it a skill shot? Any or which one? Or ??? (I'm on 4.1 s/w).

Emerald City Multiball
==============
Collect all 3 gifts... is the jewel awarded jewel or is it lit somewhere for collection (and if so, where)?

Rescue Multiball
==========
I'm certain the below has some errors. Please correct:

During this multiball the following jackpot shots are lit: Spinner, Left Orbit, Winkie Drop Target, Ramp, Right Orbit, and Throne Room. For each of those shots, the first time you hit it will award a 1x jackpot. The second time will award a 2x jackpot. The third time will award and 3x jackpot. And hitting it after that will award some less value.

Once a 3x jackpot has been achieved for a shot it will light a flashing R-E-S-C-U-E target letter on the castle mini-playfield (R – Spinner, E – Left Orbit, S – Winkie Drop Target, C – Ramp, U – Right Orbit, E – Throne Room). If you then hit that letter it will go solid and the castle doors will open for a short time and a shot into the Rescue Saucer which will award a Super Jackpot. (So it is possible to collect 6 super jackpots I’d guess?) (Can you hit the letter again and then the Rescue Saucer for a repeated super jackpot allowing infinite super jackpots?). [Note: I thought in a game I had that after getting a 3x the arrow in front of the castle doors blinks… and you have ot hit that door (3x?) to open it and then shoot the saucer for a super jackpot - with no letters being lit? So I'm certain this section has (my) errors]

Once all R-E-S-C-U-E letters have been lit (solid?) (by collecting 3x jackpots from all jackpot shots ?and hitting the flashing letters?) ?and at least one Super Jackpot has been collected? a Mega Jackpot can be collected by getting a search orbit to castle door combo (i.e. hitting the search orbit and then immediately hitting the castle doors). (Do you have to spell Rescue with all lit targets first?).

Once a mega jackpot is collected is the jewel awarded immediately or is it lit somewhere for collection (and if so, where)?

Once a mega jackpot is collected how does the multiball continue (back to 1x jackpots and cycle? victory laps? ???)

Lollipop Lullaby
==========
Need description of this mode (what do you do during this mode?)

Munchkin Multiball
============
Need description of this multiball (what do you do during this mode?)

Wicked Witch Attack
=============
How many hits to start?
1 if skill shot... how many if not?
Does the number needed to start it increase each time?

Fireball Frenzy
=========
The shots can be changed by ???

After getting 10 jackpots the is the jewel awarded immediately or is it lit somewhere for collection (and if so, where)?

Battle the Wicked Witch
===============
After liquidating the witch... is jewel awarded immediately or is it lit somewhere for collection (and if so, where)?

Are the battle shots Spinner, Left Orbit, Right Orbit, and Throne Room?? Any others? (Not the witch?)

If you liquidate the witch... what happens next? (Ding Dong the Witch is Dead multiball?) and please describe...

Haunted Targets
==========
Is the glinda target included as a haunted target? If so, does she still give glinda awards?

Haunted Forest Multiball
================
Score points at the haunted shots, haunted targets, haunted holes, and haunted bumpers.
Is there any type of jackpot shot or ???

Again... is jewel awarded immediately or is it lit somewhere for collection (and if so, where)?

#22 8 years ago

All jewels are always awarded immediately.

Glinda is a target and still gives awards. In fact, with all haunted stuff, they always do what they normally do, the haunted points are just a premium.

Wicked Witch is always 3 hits to start, 2 to collect, though there are adjustments for this in the next version. The lights in front are big clues here.

HOADC does not award a skill shot, and in fact will autoplunge the ball.

BALL skill shot scores 10K+5K

You're very close on rescue... Supers are lit (along with the corresponding rescue letter) as soon as you get a triple. There are premiums for stacking supers, and an ultra premium for all supers + mega at the same time. To collect supers, though, you just need to bash the door to open it, letters don't matter. Any time a super is collected, everything reverts back to 1x, so keep that in mind if you have a bunch of good progress towards almost lighting rescue letters.

Hitting the witch during FF will mix the shots up.

Muchkin Multipliers affect munchkin modes played on that ball. They don't affect any other bonus and no other bonus x affects them. If you have a 5x munchkin multiplier but didn't play a mode, well, you wasted it.

#23 8 years ago

Awesome info in here..thanks for taking the time

#24 8 years ago

All of this is great info. Is it just me though? I am overwhelmed. There is just to much info to take in. It almost makes me just want to go play Bank A Ball. Get 1-7 or 9-15 and you get the special. All of these rules just seem way to complicated. It makes me feel like I a need a college degree to understand it all. Kind of goes back to just keep the damn ball up as long as possible. The longer you keep it up the better. Maybe I am just to old. But it seems that the modern games are getting way to complicated. I still love WOZ, but I don't think I will ever fully understand it all. Maybe after another 1000 plays or so it will seek in, but I doubt it.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from bearsfan27:

There is just to much info to take in. It almost makes me just want to go play Bank A Ball. Get 1-7 or 9-15 and you get the special.

The way WOz works you don't have to take it all in. You can break it down into bank-a-ball-sized pieces.

Let's take EC multiball:
1. Shoot button rollovers until lock is lit
2. Shoot ramp for lock.
3. Points!

Or the Haunted modes:
1. Get 7 pop hits
2. Get the ball in the VUK on the left
3. Points!

Or muchkin modes:
1. Spell RAINBOW
2. Shoot the ramp
3. Got around the house a bunch of times
4. POINTS!

Mostly the rules for each part of WOz are easy (except the horse thing.. ignore the horse thing). There's just a lot of parts all blinking at you at the same time. I'd go after one thing in each game to figure it out until you get 'em all down..

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

The way WOz works you don't have to take it all in. You can break it down into bank-a-ball-sized pieces.
Let's take EC multiball:
1. Shoot button rollovers until lock is lit
2. Shoot ramp for lock.
3. Points!
Or the Haunted modes:
1. Get 7 pop hits
2. Get the ball in the VUK on the left
3. Points!
Or muchkin modes:
1. Spell RAINBOW
2. Shoot the ramp
3. Got around the house a bunch of times
4. POINTS!
Mostly the rules for each part of WOz are easy (except the horse thing.. ignore the horse thing). There's just a lot of parts all blinking at you at the same time. I'd go after one thing in each game to figure it out until you get 'em all down..

You got it. Its very much a long play progression game in terms of comprehension. First play until you know how to start stuff. Play it until that is second nature, then figure out the next step. Play until that's second nature and then fill in the smaller items like HOADC.

You're going to have to be an owner with a LOT of plays to even have a dream of SOTR, and even then.... Good luck.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from bearsfan27:

The longer you keep it up the better. Maybe I am just to old.

That's what she said!

#28 8 years ago

Great thread, thanks for taking the time.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

You're very close on rescue... Supers are lit (along with the corresponding rescue letter) as soon as you get a triple. There are premiums for stacking supers, and an ultra premium for all supers + mega at the same time. To collect supers, though, you just need to bash the door to open it, letters don't matter. Any time a super is collected, everything reverts back to 1x, so keep that in mind if you have a bunch of good progress towards almost lighting rescue letters.

Thank you! This is helping immensely and adding some nuances I never suspected.

So, a few more things for clarification on Rescue Multiball:

Super Jackpot - scored just by opening castle doors (how many hits) or must you also get a ball into the saucer behind the doors?

If you get a super jackpot and all jackpots go back to 1x... do you also lose your Rescue letters towards the mega jackpot or are they preserved? (but you would lose any 2x progress on jackpots)

Regarding the super/mega jackpot combination... I only see this working if a super jackpot requires you to get the ball in the saucer behind the doors. If that is true... then am I correct is assuming that after having Rescue spelled you bash the castle doors to open them... then hit the search orbit... and then get the ball into the saucer? (Else it seems like a mega jackpot would always be a combined mega and super jackpot together.)

#30 8 years ago

Version 1.1 PDF attached below.

THANK YOU EVERYONE who helped improve this document from version 1.0.

If you want to help further without having to read the whole document... focus on red colored text as those are areas which I believe still need work.

--
As an aside - I will be waiting until version 1.2 to upload to PAPA as I want to avoid the tedious work of converting this to HTML until the document is a bit further along.

#31 8 years ago

Wow, tiesmasc - this is really impressive! Thanks so much for your efforts (and to others who chipped in as well)!!

#32 8 years ago

You need the ball in the saucer for the super, yes. There is a rare circumstance where you could get the mega without super, but it involves all the letters being ready when mb started and collecting it before the locked ball leaves the upf. If the mega is lit, its rules (combo shot) take precedence over the door-smashing rules.

#33 8 years ago

Something I don't understand is when lock or rainbow take precedence over each other. I thought lock
always took precedence but I feel like I've seen twister stay lit even after a lock was qualified.

#34 8 years ago

pinball_keefer: Thanks again!

FYI: I don't know if there are any plans for another software update but I found a situation that I think could be improved by a software modification (I'm playing a 4.10 machine). [In fact, this is the only time I've ever thought the software could be improved.]

Situation was that the lights above the Rainbow targets (indicating which have been lit) did not all work. As such, I couldn't tell which Rainbow targets needed to be hit without cradling a ball and flipping through the status screens. Not a big deal EXCEPT during There's No Place Like Home which with a countdown timer make that not a feasible option.

Was thinking that the white "Rainbow" text on the display could have the letters of Rainbow colorized for letters that have been lit... just as a workaround which would still make that mode playable... [and I understand this goes against the "sepia" mode coloring... if that is a concern may make the "white" into "dark grey" or something instead]

#35 8 years ago

Okay - a pretty major update is attached below (with graphics added).

There are still many questions remaining but as the dialogue has died down I'll likely be taking this and submitting it to PAPA for placement on their website.

As always... any help or clarification would be beneficial and THANK YOU to all who have helped so far.

WOZ Rulesheet Version 1-23.pdfWOZ Rulesheet Version 1-23.pdf

#36 8 years ago

A couple more items:

TOTO ball save:
In default settings, you have three chances to qualify and use TOTO ball save (and can get more than one per ball in play). The first TOTO is as you've described: one shot to the ramp.
Each subsequent TOTO requires more shots, and different shots to save TOTO and continue playing your ball. 2nd TOTO requires 2 shots. 3rd TOTO requires 3 shots. After 3 TOTO's, the TOTO rollover buttons will always be Red, and if you drain down that outlane, the lower right quadrant of the display will say "Toto Exhausted."

Glinda awards during Crystal Ball modes:
Other than Flipper Frenzy, the first time you get a Glinda award, it will be a short timer where Glinda negates the "curse" of your Cystal Ball mode (lights back to normal, flippers at full strength, flipper hold restored).

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Okay - a pretty major update is attached below (with graphics added).
There are still many questions remaining but as the dialogue has died down I'll likely be taking this and submitting it to PAPA for placement on their website.
As always... any help or clarification would be beneficial and THANK YOU to all who have helped so far.
WOZ Rulesheet Version 1-23.pdf

I never got a chance to go through this...wont open on my phone.

What are the specific questions?

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I never got a chance to go through this...wont open on my phone.

Tried it on my phone (android) and I got an image couldn't load but then if I clicked on that I could download the pdf.

Quoted from Pimp77:

What are the specific questions?

Skillshots
• Haunted forest starts at 5000 pts. What does it increase by after each successful completion? (?2500?)
• Ball starts at 10000 pts. What does it increase by after each successful completion? (?5000?)

What does Glinda award during:
• During haunted mode: ??? (extend timer?)
• During ECM
• During Rescue Multiball
• During munchkin mode (extend timer?)
• During witch hurry-up (Awards extra time / pauses hurry-up?)
• During no active mode (ball or rainbow letters?)

During there's no place like home I've completed the rainbow targets in one shot... but I don't know how... (was it Glinda or a skill shot or ???)

For the 3 Toto Escapes - do you only get 3 tries period (and it advances after each try) or do you get 3 successful completions even if it takes you more tries than that?

Where are the victory laps after collecting 3 gifts during emerald city multiball? (ramp, left and right orbits?)

During rescue multiball if you collect a super jackpot does it unlight the Rescue letters you've lit or do they carry over?

How does Lollipop Lullaby work?

How does munchkin multiball work (i.e. what do you do... jackpots or just a scoring mode)

During battle the wicked witch what are the 4 shots? (Spinner, Left Orbit, Right Orbit, and Throne room?)

If you liquidate the witch... what happens then? (Ding dong the witch is dead multiball where every shot is worth 5000 points? Anything else?)

During haunted forest multiball is there a jackpot lit anywhere?

I think that is it.

FYI: I'd love feedback on the PDF if possible. I added a numbered shot map with corresponding image, the rule flow chart, and other graphics (more for eye candy / to avoid empty space).

#39 8 years ago

Worked.
Glinda awards: during a haunted mode it is usually "add more time". During crystal ball mode she negates the "bad" effect for a time period. If nothing is running she almost always awards rainbow or ball letters.

HOADC: you're missing the info here on the munchkin mode bonus multipliers.

TNPLH: I don't think it's possible to complete the RAINBOW targets in one shot. Never seen or heard of that...of you figure it out let us know!

Toto Escape: the first Toto attempt is "Escape Elmira"...that's the one where he jumps out of the basket on the bicycle and runs home. If you beat that one then the next time is "Escape Castle"...the video shows him jumping off the drawbridge as its raising. It doesn't actually say it on the screen but you can tell by the video clip.

The rescue letters do not unlight if you collect a super jackpot during Rescue

Munchkin Multiball: I've only made it to this about 5 times, and I don't know a lot but I do know the jackpot shot is the spinning house loop. I think you have to hit the lit shots on the main PF to relight the loop too after collecting. I think the starting jackpot base value depends on how well you did on the other munchkin modes too (like HMB). Sorry, not a huge help there.

Melt the Witch: your 4 shots are correct for the first stage of it. To clarify the 2nd stage: lock one of the two balls behind the Winkie. It is only locked for a short time where you have to combo the ramp to witch target within that time. If the time expires the ball is kicked out of Winkie and you have to lock it again for another shot at it.

Haunted Modes: it is correct that you can kill the pop bumpers by holding both flipper buttons if HAUNTED is spelled, but this like most stuff in this guide can change with a setting. You can set it to never allow this or I think to always allow bumper kill when both buttons are pressed.

The jackpot during HMB is the Haunted Collect (drop into the crystal ball VUK from the pops). I'm not sure how to re-light it but it is probably just a number of switch hits.

Yellow Brick Road gives "Big Points" at 20 and 40? Not sure of the values. Extra Ball is lit at 10 and 50. Collect the EB at the Wizard saucer.

That's all for now...great work on the rules so far!!

#40 8 years ago

For the 3 toto escapes...it's a setting that's adjustable. Default I think you get as many tries to get 3 successful completions.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Something I don't understand is when lock or rainbow take precedence over each other. I thought lock
always took precedence but I feel like I've seen Twister stay lit even after a lock was qualified.

To my knowledge, lock always takes precedence, unless you are in the middle of a Twister and do not complete it. Then, Twister will stay lit until the time runs out and take precedence over the lock.

#42 8 years ago

27 pages??? I will be dead before I figure this game out.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from bearsfan27:

27 pages??? I will be dead before I figure this game out

The actual "rules" part is only 11 pages

I'm not so worried about understanding the rules as much as never actually accomplishing some of the feats.

2 months later
#44 8 years ago

Updated rulesheet. Thanks to everyone for the feedback!!!

WOZ Rulesheet Version 1-25.pdfWOZ Rulesheet Version 1-25.pdf

#45 8 years ago

so, is the new code out?

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

so, is the new code out?

Not yet.

6 months later
#47 8 years ago

Updated for 6.06 code. Enjoy

#48 8 years ago

#49 8 years ago

Thank you for all your work on this, tremendous asset to the community.

#50 8 years ago

Thank you

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-rulesheet-2/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.