• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOZ light.jpg
GIFix.jpg
Woz chirstmas.jpg
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

Wizard of Oz Ruby Slipper Edition Debuts in public at Southern Pinball Festival 2013

This morning...

#2 10 years ago

+Good looking game
+Toys look good
+Nice Topper
-No lollipop targets

#3 10 years ago

Like the Castle wall Mod!!!

I'm going to do the TMezel Lighted Twistnado

Apron looks awesome...

Don't care about the basket

Probably will add lollipop targets

Topper definitely cool, but I actually like the one on my LE

Thanks for the video....beautiful machine!!!.....mark

#4 10 years ago

Glad they can manage to get these built while countless people still wait for their pre-orders on LEs and standards.

#5 10 years ago

Looks like a superb upgrade to the emerald limited edition

#6 10 years ago

This new flagship looks great on video. I look forward to seeing one in person.

#7 10 years ago

Was there a serial number on it?

#8 10 years ago

This is clearly the one to buy. If you haven't recieved your regular LE yet, how could you not upgrade to this one?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

This is clearly the one to buy. If you haven't recieved your regular LE yet, how could you not upgrade to this one?

Seriously?! People been waiting all this time to get their game that they pre-orders years ago, then they will pay probably $2-$3K more to get this one 7+ months later? Ya seems clear as mud to me, why wouldn't they, hell of a deal.

#10 10 years ago

"These will be made at the end, after all existing orders are filled."

Uh huh.

#11 10 years ago

I'm sticking with the Emerald City LE that I have been waiting for. Even if Jack could send me the red one at the same price and on the same day my green one would be ready, I'd stick with the green. I just like it more. A whole LOT more.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

"These will be made at the end, after all existing orders are filled."
Uh huh.

+1

#13 10 years ago

To me the red clashes with the cabinet. I guess I am one of the few that see it that way. I also like the signed apron. I think that is really cool. But that is the awesome part about this hobby..... choices. So if the red slippers are your thing, get the Ruby Red edition!

#14 10 years ago

It look nice but i still think the green one is better looking! However i still think there should be 1 LE not 2

#15 10 years ago

It does suck that all these people are waiting for their paid for games, and Jack is wasting time on more distractions.

#16 10 years ago

Just curious as to where this was located on the floor? Spent 8 hours there yesterday from 4pm until close at midnight, and only saw the 2 standards that were there next to the exit doors.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Just curious as to where this was located on the floor? Spent 8 hours there yesterday, and only saw the 2 standards that were there next to the exit doors.

They probably had brought it over later from the IAAPA show. I remember them doing the same thing last year.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-and-the-wizard-of-oz-at-iaapa-2013

#18 10 years ago

Whats funny is that that machine is still loaded with the 5V boards.

#19 10 years ago

Personally I like the green much more. Castle walls and tornado are nice additions. But unless these ruby ones are few and far between, not fair to be making these in batches till all the emerald games are made for all those waiting.

#20 10 years ago

The red apron looks like it was printed with the black setting too high. It is much too dark. The green LE wood apron is by far the best, but the green Standard looks good as well.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It does suck that all these people are waiting for their paid for games, and Jack is wasting time on more distractions.

You may know better, but I don't see this as slowing down the production line. I see it as making sure that the production line stays busy until Hobbit.

I hope that JJP eventually moves to a single style pin, but I can't see that happening as long as people line up to pay extra for something with an artificially limited supply. I am skeptical of the entire "collect-ability" mentality ... but that dead horse has been beaten into a pulp.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Glad they can manage to get these built while countless people still wait for their pre-orders on LEs and standards.

Yeah, but there's no money in making games you already got paid for. Why not make a new version of the LE and take pre-orders on it? Hell, I'm going to hold out for now. Maybe I'll trade my Standard in for a "Yellow Brick Road" LE when it comes out. Oh, or maybe the "Tinman Chromed Edition", that would be sweet.........

Enough bitching, sorry about that - just frustrated. Anyway, I was stupid enough to prepay (twice for that matter), so I guess I deserve to wait. Like GWB always says, "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Was there a serial number on it?

1 or 2

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

They probably had brought it over later from the IAAPA show. I remember them doing the same thing last year.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-and-the-wizard-of-oz-at-iaapa-2013

Exactly.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The red apron looks like it was printed with the black setting too high. It is much too dark. The green LE wood apron is by far the best, but the green Standard looks good as well.

Prototype game, so...

#26 10 years ago

People realise that the majority of the balance for these new LEs is payable on shipping right. This isn't a ploy to make extra money in the short term. Don't let a good lie get in the way of facts though

#27 10 years ago

Does the Ruby version have proper GI?

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

That's great material.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from j69:

People realise that the majority of the balance for these new LEs is payable on shipping right. This isn't a ploy to make extra money in the short term.

well, it's $2500 down right? $2500 x 1500 is $3.75 million, hardly chicken scratch.

I'm just curious about the timing of the inevitable JJP3 announcement and pre-order window. Unless he's going to keep releasing games every 2 years, these pre-orders are going to start coming quicker and quicker. I don't think it is sustainable, the base is going to get worn out.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I agree....

JJP needs to run the machines that people have paid for a LONG time ago.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Khan:

You may know better, but I don't see this as slowing down the production line. I see it as making sure that the production line stays busy until Hobbit.

Even dicking around making a few red prototypes equals a few machines not delivered to my clients and friends who already paid for theirs.

Not cool.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Yeah, but there's no money in making games you already got paid for.

+100000000000000000000000

#33 10 years ago

I wouldn't be shocked to hear about ruby reds going out to priority distributors before all the Emerald City LE's roll off the line. Why anyone would trust anything out of Jacks mouth is a mystery to me. I wish for all the pinball manufacturers to succeed but Jack's bullshit is getting ridiculous. But hey, I guess crowd funding your business from pre sales seems to be working for now.....

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

I wouldn't be shocked to hear about ruby reds going out to priority distributors before all the Emerald City LE's roll off the line. Why anyone would trust anything out of Jacks mouth is a mystery to me. I wish for all the pinball manufacturers to succeed but Jack's bullshit is getting ridiculous. But hey, I guess crowd funding your business from pre sales seems to be working for now.....

Yeah...

I'm starting to feel the same way.

#35 10 years ago

I don't understand the excuse jjp needs something to fill the lines with before hobbit. I would think it will take that long to finish the wozle orders and then they should start to build hobbits so they can ship more than 5 during the first week of shipping.

#36 10 years ago

I thought that number 1 and 2 went to the studio; one for NY and one for LA?

#37 10 years ago

More fun glad I am not riding this ride any longer.

Hope you all get your games ASAP.

#38 10 years ago

Could not have said it better myself.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

More fun glad I am not riding this ride any longer.
Hope you all get your games ASAP.

The Journey is worth the reward......Glinda told me...seriously.

#40 10 years ago

But hey, I guess crowd funding your business from pre sales seems to be working for now.....

I wouldn't be happy either if I didn't have my Woz yet and can understand the frustration of those still waiting, the fact is that it's still the first pin for JJP and I'm sure they aren't perfect on the production line yet and are probably sorting through vendor issues as well.

After watching Gary on Papa TV yesterday, I'd just reiterate what he said, "It's just business.......", as for the "crowd funding", its kind of like Gary getting a 300k deposit up front when he announces a "licensed theme" from the "french distributor", and I'm sure there are more.....

That argument is BS, the choice is yours, buy now OR wait until it comes out and you get a chance to play it, don't like it, "its just business"......and at least one guy, Jack, seems to care about the HUO market, I'm sure Gary does but he doesn't act like it.

How many pins has Stern made? And we still can't get timely code?

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How many pins has JJP made? And we still can't get timely code?

fixed.

#42 10 years ago

How many pins has Stern done? And we can't get completed code, forget timely?

"Fixed"....

#43 10 years ago

We have done more code updates to woz in 6 months than every stern pin combined in 2 maybe even 3 years. Wow are you predictable. Shouldn't you be working on your own woz game?

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Shouldn't you be working on your own woz game?

Why, is it broken? That is just a weird statement coming from team JJP.

#45 10 years ago

That looks really cool. I didn't think I liked the red when I first saw it, but I've changed my mind based on this video. I still think the green looks better from afar, but from the player's perspective, that red looks really nice.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Why, is it broken? That is just a weird statement coming from team JJP.

Our game works great and has for months. It is funny coming from a company who said they wouldn't ship games with incomplete code like Stern yet here we are.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I agree....
JJP needs to run the machines that people have paid for a LONG time ago.

You need the cash to do that.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Our game works great and has for months. It is funny coming from a company who said they wouldn't ship games with incomplete code like Stern yet here we are.

Not from a company. Just me .

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

You need the cash to do that.

No shit?

#50 10 years ago

Alex, the only reason you did so many code updates over the past 6 months is because the code was so poor to begin with.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 24.50
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-ruby-slipper-edition-debuts-in-public-at-southern-pinball-festival and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.