Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jms121
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Played one today at the museum of play and I was blown away with the game play and the absolute build quality.jjp pins are more expensive but I'm seeing why if your still waiting trust me on this when you get yours your going to be amazed. this machine makes new sterns like Star Trek wich was right next to it look like junk I'm now in the market for woz.Big ups to jersey jack pinball can't wait to see more from you guys.just thought IDE share my experience

#2 4 years ago

While agree WOZ is a quality built product, I don't think ST is junk.

#3 4 years ago

I agree the machine is amazingly impressive----but I don't have kids and I'm not a 10 year old girl, so I will never buy it. I'll wait for JJP to make SCARFACE pin, with helicopters instead of flying monkeys.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

this machine makes new sterns like Star Trek wich was right next to it look like junk

You are entitled to your opinion... as stupid as it is.

#5 4 years ago

No it really made it look like junk

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Played one today at the museum of play and I was blown away with the game play and the absolute build quality.jjp pins are more expensive but I'm seeing why if your still waiting trust me on this when you get yours your going to be amazed. this machine makes new sterns like Star Trek wich was right next to it look like junk I'm now in the market for woz.Big ups to jersey jack pinball can't wait to see more from you guys.just thought IDE share my experience

No need to knock other companies though. I'm a big WOZ supporter. I've got one in my living room. It is a couple games down from Tron (2 Williams games between them if it matters). None of them "feel like junk", and they are all distinctive in their own way. I'm really glad you like WOZ. The game is a blast, and as you will discover, it is a total bitch to beat. But the other games are still fun too. Play them all and have some fun.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from cheesewhisperer:

I agree the machine is amazingly impressive----but I don't have kids and I'm not a 10 year old girl, so I will never buy it.

Why should that matter? If you like it and have the cash to burn, there's no reason not to buy something you'll enjoy.

Course, if you simply don't like the theme, that's another story.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from cheesewhisperer:

I agree the machine is amazingly impressive----but I don't have kids and I'm not a 10 year old girl, so I will never buy it. I'll wait for JJP to make SCARFACE pin, with helicopters instead of flying monkeys.

Wish I were a manly man like you! I just like good pinball, I guess. Silly me.

#9 4 years ago

Maybe a Star Trek pro but not quite,but it is built to last,so Jersey Jacks first ever pinball was aimed at kids and 10 year old girls,I wouldn't have guessed that,it is one of the hardest and most deep games there is.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from jms121:

Maybe a Star Trek pro but not quite,but it is built to last,so Jersey Jacks first ever pinball was aimed at kids and 10 year old girls,I wouldn't have guessed that,it is one of the hardest and most deep games there is.

Wizard of Oz is simply part of our culture, and everyone has heard of it and probably seen the movie. It's spanned multiple generations. It's a classic.

Star Trek...is a niche theme. Possibly with a limited shelf life.

JJP was very smart about picking this theme. Everyone has heard of it, and some people have been introduced to pinball for the first time because of it.

If JJP picked something less well known or was only popular in a niche market, I'm sure it wouldn't have been nearly as successful.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

WOZ is for sure a marvel to look at - but there are nicer ways to put things. Emotions run pretty high here (especially WOZ threads). Next time say trash........ Kidding!!!!!!!!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wizard of Oz is simply part of our culture, and everyone has heard of it and probably seen the movie. It's spanned multiple generations. It's a classic.

The movie is old as dirt, a true great classic fantasy, its an excellent game but StarTrek is a superior theme for pinball. Leading to this....

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Star Trek...is a niche theme. Possibly with a limited shelf life.

Yeah, because its only been huge in the "geek/nerd" culture since the late 60's. Definitely a limited shelf life

All in all though, Im good with JJP choosing a theme I had zero interest in for their first machine to work all the company start up and new program bugs out. Cmon Hobbit!!!!

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The movie is old as dirt, a true great classic fantasy, its an excellent game but StarTrek is a superior theme for pinball. Leading to this....

Why do you consider it a superior theme? As I alluded to, it's a niche theme. Not everybody likes or cares for Star Trek. (In all fairness, I do like it myself, though I think the latest Stern Star Trek table isn't very good--it's a recycled layout for the most part).

Quoted from centerflank:

Yeah, because its only been huge in the "geek/nerd" culture since the late 60's. Definitely a limited shelf life

Limited shelf life, as in re-playability and that it mostly only appeals to just the "geek/nerd" culture, as you put. WoZ reaches a bit of a wider audience.

Quoted from centerflank:

All in all though, Im good with JJP choosing a theme I had zero interest in for their first machine to work all the company start up and new program bugs out. Cmon Hobbit!!!!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the Hobbit pin as well

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Why do you consider it a superior theme?

Audio, pure and simple. if I wanted an em Id buy one.....funny story though I might buy a woz to put on route. I don't dislike it....I just think ST is better as in it gets the adrenaline pumping.

2 weeks later
#15 4 years ago

WOZ is a big mountain to climb,putting it on location would be smart nobody would get to the end.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Advance, NC
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bensenville, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 11,500.00
$ 399.95
$ 50.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside