1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I just got my Lebowski yesterday. Only the second time starting it and it blew up! checking fuses anyone have this happen is there a remedy?

#2 1 year ago

Monkey sporadically picking up the ball and wizard throne doesn’t spit out the ball anyone with these issues? Fixes?

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thedudeabides77:

wizard throne doesn’t spit out the ball anyone with these issues? Fixes?

Does that coil fire in test ? Other coils not working ? Check fuses on I/O board. Pages D-166 to D-170 in the manual.

Monkey sporadically picking up the ball

Study up on adjusting monkey sense switch.

LTG : )

#4 1 year ago

I just got my Lebowski yesterday. Only the second time starting it and it blew up! checking fuses anyone have this happen is there a remedy?

Monkey sporadically picking up the ball and wizard throne doesn’t spit out the ball anyone with these issues? Fixes?

I’m confused as all hell here. WTF is going on?

7 months later
    #5 1 year ago

Please forgive me if this has been covered someplace but I have searched high and low and can’t find. Question on WOZ YBR fuse number 710 on mother board keeps blowing - it controls upper playfield castle doors and VUK - I’ll get a few plays/games outta a new fuse and then it will blow again.

Things i have done to try and figure out:
    I
    have the correct fuse. I have taken the upper playfield out and completely disassembled (several times BTW its a pain in the arse) to “check” and everything looks rights and there’s nothing that prevents anything from moving that would blow a fuse. I have replaced the fuse - Went into menu and manually fired the coils a bunch of times hoping to get it to blow with no luck. Nothing seems amiss with the coils or wiring

It’ll blow at the most random of times. Sometimes I’ll get a bunch of games outta it with nothing (where I get it up to upper playfield smash the snot out of doors shoot the VUK). Other times after a fuse swap I’ll hit the castle door a few times and the fuse will blow

I know when the fuse blows because the castle doors will remain about 1/8 open - just enough that if I hit them with the ball the ball will go by and fall into VUK but because the fuse is blown the VUK won’t kick the ball out. When the machine goes into ball locate mode castle doors will attempt to fire but they only open about 1/4 and the VUK won’t kick the ball

Any idea or suggestions I’m all ears. I have emailed JJP above few days ago and haven’t heard back

Thanks

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnJ1366:

I have emailed JJP above few days ago and haven’t heard back

Imagine that. Not like the good old days.

Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Any idea or suggestions I’m all ears.

For a start. I'd put some black tape on the lane guides under the castle playfield. First thing I suspect is the door motor lugs shorting to a lane guide top edge.

#7 1 year ago

thanks Lloyd. That makes sense and I will give that a try. Did i mention that its a pain in the bottom to remove the upper playfield

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Did i mention that its a pain in the bottom to remove the upper playfield

No.

After you've done it a time or two, more time consuming than hard. Undo connectors, remove screw for bracket holding castle wall to rear panel of the playfield. 2, 3, or 4 screws ( can vary from game to game ) and lift off with the main playfield pulled forward.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-repair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.