7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dendoc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptrav1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Ultimately I believe that I am most likely the problem, but I would like some help.

Playing and noticed lights flickering when i hit the flippers. Lifted the playfield to have a look below with no obvious problem. Set the playfield back in place and tried to start a game.

Now neither of the bottom flippers or the upper right lower play field flipper work. Tree pops, trough VUK, state fair also not working.

Seems all coils on the J6 J7 plug are not working (pretty much first half of coils on the coil test). I have checked all the fuses and they seem to be ok.

Thoughts?

#2 7 years ago

K. It seems 70V coils 1-32 are not working. J104, J105, J106 and probably J107. Where is the point of failure here? I'm not a schematic wizard, but it seems that all these things could be traced to a most likely source? Again fuses are good and all connections from play field into the box are good

#3 7 years ago

Read a post where a guy had a similar problem and it turned out to be a dislodged connector pin. Is this a possibility? If so where would that pin be? I'll check all of them but was curious if someone could give me most likely starting point.

#5 7 years ago

Tested the fuses with a continuity tester. I now know this is not the best method. Will retest and get back to you.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i would suggest calling Frank at JJP
732-364-9900 x.222

Thanks Chris. My initials still on hobbit from TPF?

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Probably not. I set my machines to reset the high scores as often as possible (I think it is 200 plays on jjp) that way other people get the excitement of entering their name.

Gotcha

#9 7 years ago

Issue resolved. Connector on box must not have been seated well. D701 LED was not lit on board. Reseated the blue/bottom connector outside the box and it works. Lifted the playfield again and it did the same thing. Reseated it again and it works.
Thanks for your time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptrav1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-problem-2?tu=ptrav1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.