(Topic ID: 128036)

Wizard of Oz Pinball - APRON SCREEN (MOD)

By levi_br

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What did you think about this WOZ mod? (Maybe I will post a tutorial for this)”

• Love 149 votes
    71%
  • Like 55 votes
    26%
  • Hate 6 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 210 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170511_185152 (resized).jpg
20170511_184953 (resized).jpg
IMG_6993 (resized).PNG
IMG_6988 (resized).JPG
IMG_6987 (resized).JPG
IMG_6986 (resized).JPG
20161117_174429 (resized).jpg
ApronMonitor02 (resized).jpg
ApronMonitor03 (resized).jpg
ApronMonitor01 (resized).jpg
woz-resolution2 (resized).jpg
woz-resolution1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0330 (resized).JPG
IMG_5126 (resized).JPG
IMG_5125 (resized).JPG
image_5.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#279 8 years ago

Any problems with this mod and version 5.05 patch software? I've heard of video problems with the new patch and wondering if there are any bad effects on this remote screen mod.

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Not if your screen is the same native resolution as your main monitor. For example, my monitor is 1080p native and so is the screen i tested with, and it worked fine. It seems there are now issues if you get an apron screen that is a different native resolution than your main monitor. Different build dates have different monitors -- you can see what your resolution is at bootup.

On boot up my monitor resolution says 1366x768. I was looking through some of the links of what was purchased, do see that some show 1080p, but not resolutions. If it says it is HD 1080p, will it feasibly work with 1366x768? For example this link that someone else used:
http://www.amazon.com/Resolution-1080P-Desktop-Digital-Display/dp/B00N7BUBHQ
A little more expensive but shows it is 1080p HD.

#283 8 years ago

Looks like it is best for me to wait until I try the version 5.05+ patch with the fixes for the patch to see what the resolution turns out to be. I have not attempted version 5.05 yet ... waiting for the related code fixes coming ... any ... day ... now.

3 months later
#305 8 years ago

Can someone with the 1366 x768 main monitor resolution that made the upgrade to WOZ 6.06, that has one of these apron screen mods working, please chime in and let me (us) know what apron screen you purchased. Thanks!

1 week later
#312 8 years ago

Hey guys ... Keith @ JJP is looking for volunteers on the JJP google groups to "experiment" with a code update that may or may not fix related problems with this mod. He is strongly expressing that it is just an experiment and is looking for feedback. You can maybe email him to get the file for that update also. If it causes issues, you would just re-install version 6.06.

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

How do I email Keith?

I just PM 'd you on your pinside account.

#320 8 years ago

JJP "could" market a bottom apron with this mod built in and ready to go for all their pins (WOZ, Hobbit, future pins) ... if they wanted to make a few extra bucks. I would buy it. How cool would that be? That could be another niche and uniqueness that JJP can corner and cash in on. JMO

7 months later
#336 7 years ago

Keith (at JJP) tried something with the code after 6.06 for a few to test, but that did not work. He likely had/has higher priorities with Dialed In, the last of TH code changes, and whatever new pin is next in line. If there is enough of a demand, maybe he can give this another look. Guessing it is a OS issue more than a JJP software issue. I'm following and interested if someone comes up with a solution. Maybe Hooked can come up with a way to get the second screen working and modify aprons for it.

With the Dialed In Bluetooth technology, maybe on future pins JJP can have the option for the second screen be right on your phone/ipad that you can set on the bottom of the glass when the other game related modes are not being activated. This obviously doesn't help WOZ or TH second screens, but thinking forward ...

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Do they really not make small 1080p displays? I've never shopped for them, but I find it hard to believe that for the cost of a 720p display plus the cost of a $200 scaler, you couldn't just find a 1080 display and use a generic splitter

Unfortunately for us, some of us with older WOZs have odd pin displays of 1366x768 (so it shows on boot up). Last I heard is that it "self-adjusts" to the lowest resolution that is connected. But I think that changed a bit in version 6.06 from what I read earlier in this thread - not positive on that.

#351 7 years ago
Quoted from Phantom1911:

I installed Keith's little patch, it didn't fully restore my mod, but it did fix my work around.

Where did you get that and does it also work with your TH too? Details please ...

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I'll submit this change to JJP and hopefully they'll be able to use it.

Email the info to Keith and Jack so that it get's direct attention! Good find/fix! I hope we hear back some good news soon.

2 weeks later
#378 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I have given JJP the code. Hopefully it's useful to them.

Keith said that he hopes to look at this soon.

5 months later
#429 6 years ago

For the thin monitors ... is there enough room for them under the glass on top of a ECLE wood apron? Can someone measure their monitor thickness to give me a idea on if it would fit?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 16.95
$ 91.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-pinball-apron-screen-mod?tu=kingbw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.