images.jpeg
images.jpeg
biggest-douche_480_poster.jpg
HardasIcan.jpeg
Fonz.jpeg
#2 12 years ago

Stop teasing me

#3 12 years ago

ok, this is the ONLY thing that has gotten me excited about this pin. gorgeous work!

#6 12 years ago

I like it !

#9 12 years ago

Sounds dark and urgent. I like it.

#10 12 years ago

Pretty sure this is linked somewhere on here already, but for those that have not seen it, they play some samplings at the very end of the video, around 41:30 or so. And if you haven't seen it, watch it, pretty interesting.

#11 12 years ago

Sounds great -

#15 12 years ago

Sounding good. Every bit of news I hear about this pin makes me all the happier I pre-ordered. Seems like it has been talked about for so long now. By the time it shows up I'll probably have forgotten that I bought it altogether.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Thanks for that Kwiki that cracked me up!

I thought it was a joke, so I put the Rickrolled link in there anyway.

#17 12 years ago

God that sounds great in stereo! ,I am ready for my first NIB pin,If this thing is not an instant classic I will be shocked.

#19 12 years ago

#20 12 years ago

It really does sound fantastic!

#21 12 years ago

Sounds nice and menacing but I'm more rock and roll/trance/dubstep/blues/folk type of guy. Needs more base and rhythm for me
I'm sure I'd love it in game though I just hope we get the chance to play one in the UK

#22 12 years ago

A bit slow for pinball music IMO - should be sped up 25% or so. Sounds really good, just too slow for the tempo of pinball.

#23 12 years ago

OK guys. I agree it is a bit slow. I also agree that the game needs lots of fast paced music and there should be some rhythm section at times etc.

This is NOT the WOZ pinball music. Its segments from a piece I wrote for the LA Philharmonic based on OZ. I just wanted to make a point to Jersey Jack that the music is REALLY important in this pin. I am just trying to stir things up a bit so the music is on par with the rest of the game which looks So unbelievably promising!!

#24 12 years ago

Thanks for nothing,Not funny,Should be banned from posting!!!

#25 12 years ago

What?! Not cool man, you claim to have leaked content about WOZ and then you pull this stunt??

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Pretty sure this is linked somewhere on here already, but for those that have not seen it, they play some samplings at the very end of the video, around 41:30 or so. And if you haven't seen it, watch it, pretty interesting.

Now that is some badass music. it's going to sound great in game. thanks for that, I have never watched that video through.

And bad show by the OP.

#27 12 years ago

Robin has been notified.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

This is NOT the WOZ pinball music. Its segments from a piece I wrote for the LA Philharmonic based on OZ. I just wanted to make a point to Jersey Jack that the music is REALLY important in this pin. I am just trying to stir things up a bit so the music is on par with the rest of the game which looks So unbelievably promising!!

Yeah, that's really great, trying to make a point and all, but next time please do not use the Pinside for this type of self-promotion. I'm especially having a problem with your topic title which brings bad publicity to the Pinside and misleads people. Really uncool.

I have added the word "fake" to the topic title, but consider this post a warning - behavior like this may get you banned from the Pinside.

#29 12 years ago

I agree - appalling behavior OZNO
should be ashamed of yourself using our site for a leverage move
bad karma indeed

#30 12 years ago

Not only that I downloaded "your music" on my phone, and showed my family. What a let down.

#31 12 years ago

Anyone who doesn't want to help with "promoting" this could go back and edit out the positives...?

#32 12 years ago

Wow...
Talk about going to a Garage Sale, expecting a "Classic Pinball Machine" and finding a Coleco 'The Fonz Pinball' instead... What a rip!!!

Fonz.jpegFonz.jpeg

Play me out fellas!

HardasIcan.jpegHardasIcan.jpeg

#33 12 years ago

I thought it was odd that there was no mention of this leaked music on the WoZ forum, but I figured Pinside was simply the first to break the story. Not cool, dude. Not cool at all.

#34 12 years ago

So what was the point of this? Are you trying to get work or something? I would have complimented the arrangement even, and probably especially, if you had said "wouldnt this be cool WoZ music?". Now you have just put your artistic integrity at risk.

#35 12 years ago

I think the Rick Roll saved the thread.

#36 12 years ago

This dude is giving John Edward a run for his money.

biggest-douche_480_poster.jpgbiggest-douche_480_poster.jpg

#37 12 years ago

Now you have just put your artistic integrity at risk.

Yeah but his "Artistic Douchebaggery" is pure gold!
Almost "Walter Peck" status too!

images.jpegimages.jpeg

May I *please*, see the storage facility..?

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I think the Rick Roll saved the thread.

Thanks Rascal.

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

FlipperMagician said:

Now that is some badass music. it's going to sound great in game. thanks for that, I have never watched that video through.
And bad show by the OP.

The real deal. Shared with us by Jersey Jack himself, not a so-called leak from some douche.

#40 12 years ago

Ok sorry guys. There was a point here and it had nothing to do with me. I just went about it all wrong. Being one of the WOZ preorders, I am hoping for music that doesn't ruin the game. I personally feel that the music on most pins is horrible. Does it have to sound like it's coming from a Commodore 64? I don't believe so. And a few Stern games are proof of this.

#41 12 years ago

So you're basically saying any musical piece from any machine before 2005 is crap? I'm sorry, but you sound like a total troll. First of all, you didn't even consider the technological context here. The sound systems we have today capable of playing back prerendered musical tracks didn't exist until as of late.

Also, this has nothing to do with you at all? So you're trying to argue that uploading a piece of YOUR music to a website that HAPPENS to be the biggest pinball forum on the internet to CLEARLY get yourself promoted has nothing to do with you?

#42 12 years ago

Why are you guys so angry? It is precisely the technology that made pin music bad. Not the music itself. I love my Twilight Zone. is the music good? Not really. I am making the Point that pinball music can be elevated to a new level. It should be good enough to put on your iPod. Video games have already pretty much figured this out.

#43 12 years ago

You obviously haven't played a Tron or LOTR or any number of other modern games. The music sounds great in them. If anything the speakers aren't the greatest and those can be replaced.

Quoted from ozno:

Why are you guys so angry?

People are upset because you misrepresented what the music you posted was.

#44 12 years ago

People are upset because you misrepresented what the music you posted was.

Well put jarjar.

images.jpegimages.jpeg"No more training do you require. Already know you that which you need.

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from robin:

consider this post a warning - behavior like this may get you banned from the Pinside.

It wasn't anything I had so I never commented on it. I'm not one to think I have an inside line on everything WOZ. I also won't make posts about what I do have as I've promised.

#46 12 years ago

I would think that with a "Surround Sound" type speaker panel being used for WOZ as stated by Jack that the music will be used in a modern fashion to get the best sound experience with the 2 foot width. I would bet it will be great.

#47 12 years ago

Ozno, Like jarjar said, people are upset because you could have made your point without misrepresenting the music. Although I don"t post alot, Pinside is my favorite pinball website because the members are normally straight-up with their opinions and inputs and rarely do we get troll-like posts (whether it was intended or not). So that is why the grouo is a little riled-up. That being said, we have all probably said things that have struck a nerve unintentionally so I wouldn't get too spun up about the reaction. Anyway, getting back to your main point, I am sure that JJP won't let us down in the music department!

#48 12 years ago

I agree that some stern games have good music and sound. I said that earlier. Fingers crossed fit WOZ, but I did hear the examples they released so far. Hence my concern. My wife started laughing when she heard it. That says a lot. But maybe they were just sketches?

#49 12 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I just wanted to make a point to Jersey Jack that the music is REALLY important in this pin

Hey, that's a great way to do that, post some bulls*** on Pinside!

Quoted from ozno:

segments from a piece I wrote for the LA Philharmonic

Do they know you or are you just a wannabe composer?

Quoted from robin:

misleads people. Really uncool.

agree

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

13,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-pin-music-excerpts-leaked and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.