View topic image gallery

image.jpg
pinside_1.jpg
IMG_3234.jpg
IMG_3244.JPG
IMG_3233.jpg
image.jpg
woz.jpg
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

We just setup a Wizard of Oz at Nickel City San Diego.

Come on in and check it out.

Nickel City Amusement Center
11610 Carmel Mountain Rd.
San Diego, CA 92128
(858) 675-9700
http://www.nickelcitysandiego.com/

The current pinball lineup is:

Lethal Weapon 3
Simpsons Pinball Party
South Park
TRON: Legacy
Ticket Tac Toe
Wizard of Oz

Thanks,

Palomar Amusements

woz.jpgwoz.jpg

#2 11 years ago

What version of code do you have 68P??
I am trying to gauge how much longer until mine comes home.

#3 11 years ago

Thank you for getting one! Will definitely check it out soon!

#4 11 years ago

Having been someone on the ' not that impressed' side of the WOZ fence so far, i am looking forward to seeing this in the flesh when we visit in April. Maybe my opinion may change.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

What version of code do you have 68P??
I am trying to gauge how much longer until mine comes home.

I'll have to double check when I'm there this morning, but I think that they told me that it was 63P. I haven't had much time with the game yet. We had a line to play the game yesterday as soon as I pulled up with the truck. We literally had to cut the power to the game a couple minutes after closing to get people off of the game.

#6 11 years ago

What is the price to play a game set at on your machine?

How about some pictures of the inside of the machine? Pix of the underside of the playfield and the boards in the backbox.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

How about some pictures of the inside of the machine? Pix of the underside of the playfield and the boards in the backbox.

No boards in the backbox, Ken. They reside under the playfield, in a box.

#8 11 years ago

As far as I know, nobody has posted any pictures of the interior of this machine yet nor has anyone gotten any technical or repair info put on pinwiki. Did it come with a manual and schematics?

Boards are located on the bottom floor of the cabinet? Shades of Atari pinball!

#9 11 years ago

The cheap one looks way better!!! Wonder why the LE's aren't shipping but the lower end model has been popping up on locations??

#10 11 years ago

There's a fair few pics/videos of the insides kicking about

image.jpgimage.jpg

#11 11 years ago

There are several pics and videos out there. Clay posted some video several months back showing the steel box/underside of the playfield.

Anyway, yeah, they're going on the floor of the cabinet. Many Spanish manufacturers did this too, but none of those had any coverings over them. I don't know how many times I've had little parts fall off my Inder games and get stuck in/under the boards. At least that won't be a problem with these!

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

As far as I know, nobody has posted any pictures of the interior of this machine yet nor has anyone gotten any technical or repair info put on pinwiki. Did it come with a manual and schematics?

Plenty of playfield-up pics floating around from shows and such.

There's a monitor in the backbox, Ken...no room there for boards.

#13 11 years ago

These machines are going to break and there needs to be some repair information put on pinwiki.

None of the game operators in my area are going to buy this machine so I'll never get to see it or be able to write any repair info for it.

#14 11 years ago

Is this the final machine for Nickle city or a test box? I thought you ordered a LE

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

These machines are going to break and there needs to be some repair information put on pinwiki.
None of the game operators in my area are going to buy this machine so I'll never get to see it or be able to write any repair info for it.

Settle down, Ken...they're not even really officially "out" yet. I think it's safe to assume any games out there right now are Jack's protos.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

I'm in the Seattle area, Ken, and you'll be welcome to come see mine on a "look but don't touch" basis.

Seriously, if they turn out to be money makers as is being advertised, I'm sure operators in the area will buy and place them on route.

Quoted from Exejet:

The cheap one looks way better!!! Wonder why the LE's aren't shipping but the lower end model has been popping up on locations??

So, what you're saying is you like silver trim instead of green?

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

That seems like a bad idea if that is the case.

#18 11 years ago

Please check the code number.. should be about 63P by now (as another thread says)
Are the lights still in attract mode during game play?
Or actually corresponding to game play?

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Boards are on the bottom of the Pin2K games, so what's your point?

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

So, what you're saying is you like silver trim instead of green?

What he's saying is that he has nothing better to do than troll the WOZ threads, as usual. EZSLEEZE at his finest.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

the boards in the backbox.

No boards in the backbox.

They are on the bottom of the cabinet in a long metal box just on the other side of the cash box area.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/wizardofoz/index34.html pictures 3/4ths of the way down the page.

LTG : )

#22 11 years ago

I'm probably gonna go check it out tonite. Any local guys heading out there?

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Any local guys heading out there?

I am. Oh wait. Darn.

Oh well. You guys have a blast !

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Haven't you heard? From what I've read here, the build quality is so vastly superior, they most likely will never need repair. Ever! d

Enjoy y'all. Wish I was closer.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Contact Butch at JJP.

Butch will be running the service schools around the USA. I'm sure once that is rolling, lots of help and info will be available.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Is this the final machine for Nickle city or a test box? I thought you ordered a LE

This is a prototype / test game that is on loan to us until our game is ready to ship.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

It's a prototype game and I don't have a full set of printed paperwork on it yet. I did spend a fair bit of time going over the game with the JJP team at AMOA. The menu system is really nice and has a lot of technical details.

I think that these games are going to be very easy to work on and maintain. Most of the parts appear to be either actual Williams parts or derivatives so it's all very familiar. They obviously spent a great deal of time designing a game that would be easy to work on.

The board set is down in the cabinet and in a nice protective metal case. It is very different from the Atari setup and I don't expect to have any issues with the boards being down there.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the engineering on the game. I think that JJP did an amazing job with the game.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Please check the code number.. should be about 63P by now (as another thread says)
Are the lights still in attract mode during game play?
Or actually corresponding to game play?

I forgot to check the code version when I was there this morning. I know that they updated it at AMOA. The game play lighting is different from attract mode, but some of the same sequences are used. I'm sure as the software advances the lighting will evolve.

#29 11 years ago

I played it at TPF. There have been some ongoing comments about the game lighting being in attract mode, but it hasn't been that way for a while. Attract mode is a fast color cycling of each light as the pattern sweeps across the playfield. Thats not happening when a game is played. The yellowbrick road pulses, but does not change when advanced on the screen. The lights for Tinman, Scarecrow, and Lion rollovers work as did the Haunted forest lights. I believe its been like that for a while.

Certainly nowhere near done, but its not running attract mode when a game is played.

#30 11 years ago

Just got back from seeing and playing it for the first time. I like it. If Keith can work his magic this will be a show stopper. I don't see long ball times coming from this game, it's a drain monster in my opinion. Lots of potential. Looking forward to my regular showing up in September.

#31 11 years ago

I've seen the green LE and yes the stainless steel looks way better!!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Just got back from seeing and playing it for the first time. I like it. If Keith can work his magic this will be a show stopper. I don't see long ball times coming from this game, it's a drain monster in my opinion. Lots of potential. Looking forward to my regular showing up in September.

Good to hear! Did you get Emerald City multiball? I heard that they added some different music for that mode.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

I've seen the green LE and yes the stainless steel looks way better!!

Many people wanted the silver to remind them of the glory days of Bally/Williams pins.

#34 11 years ago

Didn't get to a multi ball mode. Didn't even get to spin the house. I think something like 20 plus ramp shots were needed to spin it. Maybe on my next visit (5 min from my house)

#35 11 years ago

I haven't been to NC yet, but I need to. I gotta play it!!!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Didn't get to a multi ball mode. Didn't even get to spin the house. I think something like 20 plus ramp shots were needed to spin it. Maybe on my next visit (5 min from my house)

I managed to spin the house and it didn't take a lot of ramp shots. I'm not sure exactly how I did it though.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from PalomarAmusement:

I forgot to check the code version when I was there this morning. I know that they updated it at AMOA. The game play lighting is different from attract mode, but some of the same sequences are used. I'm sure as the software advances the lighting will evolve.

It is running version 63p.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from PalomarAmusement:

I managed to spin the house and it didn't take a lot of ramp shots. I'm not sure exactly how I did it though.

Spinning house isn't done with multiple ramp shots just one actually. You have to spell the word rainbow then hit the right ramp assuming you don't have a ball lock lit. Otherwise the diverter will lock the ball first. You light locks by spelling LION , TINMAN , SCARECROW hitting the corresponding rollover targets.

You can also lock a ball behind the witches castle door for rescue mb.

#39 11 years ago

Spinning house isn't done with multiple ramp shots just one actually. You have to spell the word rainbow then hit the right ramp assuming you don't have a ball lock lit.

+1 This is correct.

I was able to get some games in on it tonite. Man what an incredibly well built & fantastic looking game.

IMG_3233.jpgIMG_3233.jpg IMG_3244.JPGIMG_3244.JPG IMG_3234.jpgIMG_3234.jpg

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

There is a cheap one?

#41 11 years ago

It's the 24th anyone get a LE? I guess you guys are getting game this week right?

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

It's the 24th anyone get a LE? I guess you guys are getting game this week right?

Consistent with what he has been saying for the last 3 to 4 weeks, Jack posted this morning in the WOZ buyer's newsgroup that the first delivery will be this week.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

I suspect that a few lucky owners will be receiving shipping notifications this week

#44 11 years ago

Need to make room in my gameroom.
Jack has taken me by suprise.

#45 11 years ago

Random thought after looking at the pics. Can you put a thin strip of tape (like black electrical tape) around the edge of the wizard plastic, so the wizard will glow green but the edges won't?

#46 11 years ago

I'm #20 ECLE. Don't recall what my build number is, but I got in two weeks after announcement,
No news yet. Jen has my contact info, and I haven't paid shipping yet, so we'll see.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchhitter:

Need to make room in my gameroom.
Jack has taken me by suprise.

By that you mean your getting a shipment soon? LE or standard version?

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm #20 ECLE. Don't recall what my build number is, but I got in two weeks after announcement,
No news yet. Jen has my contact info, and I haven't paid shipping yet, so we'll see.

I'm hoping for mine by the end of April....I jumped in February 11

#49 11 years ago

I still haven't heard anything. Hoping this week. Jen confirmed a couple of weeks ago that I'm in the first handful to ship, but nothing since.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Give it a rest already. Whatever little respect anyone had for you is long gone. You just sound like a whining little child now who didn't get a toy he wanted so he wants to smash everyone elses.

Grow up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

13,000 (OBO)
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-now-on-location-at-nickel-city-san-diego and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.