(Topic ID: 274703)

Wizard of Oz - not recognizing ball drain sometimes

By Lumberjack

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

My JJP Wizard of Oz Emerald City (2013) has an issue where it sometimes will not recognize the ball draining when it goes into the trough. I have checked all switches, connections and machine diagnostics, but no luck in figuring this out. It does this once a game or so. Any suggestions?

#2 3 years ago

Power off. Reseat ball trough opto board connectors.

Balls magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough good ?

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Balls magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough good ?

That’s been my experience when this happens. Especially if it is intermittent. Check the trough switch in test mode and you can see it.

#4 3 years ago

I experience this when my balls get magnetized, might be worth trying fresh balls before digging around too much.

#5 3 years ago

Guys, thank you for these great suggestions! I will try new balls and hopefully that will fix it. Stay tuned!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-not-recognizing-ball-drain-sometimes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.