(Topic ID: 53377)

Wizard Of Oz LE or Metallica MOP LE poll?

By bradloy25

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 148 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dgpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Wizard Of Oz LE#1 or Metallica MOP LE#1”

• Wizard Of Oz LE#1 148 votes
    48%
  • Metallica MOP LE#1 140 votes
    45%
  • Predator Pinball LE#1 when its released 8 votes
    3%
  • Spooky Pinball's New Zombie Game LE#1 when its released 12 votes
    4%

(308 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC09174.JPG
th.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 10 years ago

Both have their merits, but to me WOZ is light years ahead in tech and build, so an easy choice. Having been doing this since before the DMD became standard, I'm anxious for change and WOZ is pushing the envelope, while Metallica is in someways almost retro, inline drops etc. I think if theme was taken out of the equation and the 2 games were put side by side as fully playing whitewoods, it wouldn't even be close.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Build quality does not make the game great. The build quality is definitely second to none on WOZ but the layout to me is just flawed and has been since day one. Meaning way to slow and too much stop and go. I am excited for their second title, because in the press release they have addressed both issues flow and ramps

My impression of WOZ was it was anything but slow, true it is not a shoot a ramp, return to flipper, shoot other ramp type game, but it does not play slow, far from it.

This is a pin that will tell a story, maybe even better than IJ does, which is really saying something. I understand that all some want is a fast and furious, non stop type of game and that's cool, but that's just not everyone's thing.

#64 10 years ago

I like Metallica's music somewhat, but I don't think it translates well to a pin, definitely not as well as AC/DC!

The real sound fault with Metallica though is the call-outs, they've got to do something about those
quick!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#108 10 years ago
Quoted from Decat:

I am a huge fan of all Bally/Williams games so I was super excited to play WOZ and experience the high quality feel of the hefty beautiful cabinet and use the familiar awesome control with the B/W flippers..... And then I played a bunch of WOZ games in person.....
And was totally let down. General Illumination had to be the worst I have ever seen. Blinding yellow brick road LEDs were laughably distracting, Wizard kick out hole is one of the cheapest straight down the middle drains I have ever experienced, and that sound wow please make it stop!
I appreciate WOZ's quality of art and cabinet and playfield and flippers, but execution of GI and LEDs and sound and playfield items..... Eh, nothing too exciting. I guess I got my hopes up to high, still can't match B/W games.
Metallica on the other hand looks like Stern is stepping up their game, which might be a response to JJP so I guess we should partly thank WOZ for a better quality MET pin and hopefully better JJP and Stern titles in the future. I hope Hobbit is more dialed in than WOZ, and I am sure Stern will keep stepping up their game (and probably prices) as more and more competition steps to the table. Yes, the free market still works

Just curious, when did you play your games on WOZ, was it a production game, or a prototype?

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

This prototype crap just sucks. Every review comes back to " you played a prototype" not like the real game. Then don't put them out there!!

Wikipedia definition of Prototype:

"A prototype is an early sample or model built to test a concept or process or to act as a thing to be replicated or learned from. It is a term used in a variety of contexts, including semantics, design, electronics, and software programming. A prototype is designed to test and trial a new design to enhance precision by system analysts and users. Prototyping serves to provide specifications for a real, working system rather than a theoretical one."

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

All righty there..... WHETHER. It dose not change the fact of the matter. I didnt buy a 7k plus machine to play like an EM.

Boy, that's a little harsh on Metallica saying it plays like an EM

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Well ..... You should know that better than anyone considering that's what most of your collecton consists of.
Btw, I am good friends with Jack and I always look at the positives and never discredit the outstanding work he has done. That being said I won't sit and blow smoke up someones @$$ just to appease them. I call it as I see it, whether it's by popular opinion or not.

I take no offense, I love my EM's just as much as my Solid State and DMD games. But no modern game plays like an EM, certainly not WOZ, that's just a ridiculous statement. If you've played a recent version of it and don't like it, that's fine, but it's as far from an EM as you can get.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-le-or-metallica-mop-le-poll?tu=dgpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.