(Topic ID: 53377)

Wizard Of Oz LE or Metallica MOP LE poll?

By bradloy25

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 148 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dgpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Wizard Of Oz LE#1 or Metallica MOP LE#1”

• Wizard Of Oz LE#1 148 votes
    48%
  • Metallica MOP LE#1 140 votes
    45%
  • Predator Pinball LE#1 when its released 8 votes
    3%
  • Spooky Pinball's New Zombie Game LE#1 when its released 12 votes
    4%

(308 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC09174.JPG
th.jpeg
There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

How is your WOZ? Enjoying it?

Nope, not enjoying it because I don't have it, though you already knew this. But if for some reason I did have a Metallica, I can tell you I'd be not enjoying it just as much!

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

though you already knew this.

How did I know this? I watched a video on JJP doing cartwheels as a semi rolled from his factory.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

How did I know this? I watched a video on JJP doing cartwheels as a semi rolled from his factory.

Sorry, I think I was confusing you with someone else. Although you probably knows that games are still trickling out at this point (way too slow for my liking).

#104 10 years ago

I would add Captain Nemo in poll which looks promising as well. I probably will never be lucky enough to play one in the USA or in AZ.

#105 10 years ago

I am a huge fan of all Bally/Williams games so I was super excited to play WOZ and experience the high quality feel of the hefty beautiful cabinet and use the familiar awesome control with the B/W flippers..... And then I played a bunch of WOZ games in person.....

And was totally let down. General Illumination had to be the worst I have ever seen. Blinding yellow brick road LEDs were laughably distracting, Wizard kick out hole is one of the cheapest straight down the middle drains I have ever experienced, and that sound wow please make it stop!

I appreciate WOZ's quality of art and cabinet and playfield and flippers, but execution of GI and LEDs and sound and playfield items..... Eh, nothing too exciting. I guess I got my hopes up to high, still can't match B/W games.

Metallica on the other hand looks like Stern is stepping up their game, which might be a response to JJP so I guess we should partly thank WOZ for a better quality MET pin and hopefully better JJP and Stern titles in the future. I hope Hobbit is more dialed in than WOZ, and I am sure Stern will keep stepping up their game (and probably prices) as more and more competition steps to the table. Yes, the free market still works

#106 10 years ago

I chose WOZ even though I don't own one, I am on the preorder list for Predator but if I'm picking a #1 production it's gonna be a JJP game because he's trying to build a williams type large company and if he pulls it off it would be amazing to have his first made game. With Predator I'm not sure how big these guys want to grow as a company but they have a very big hill to climb. Metallica meh, if I own that game I'd probably have to pay Lars a portion of the money I'd make off route. And before you metallica fans get all up in arms it does look like a fun game.

#107 10 years ago

Decat, I agree with you on the yellow brick road leds. They are too distracting. As it is, many of the insert lights start off constantly blinking then turn solid when awarded. I would prefer the inserts start off unlit, then lit solid when awarded. Hopefully as the code progresses JJP will tone down all the blinking lights.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from Decat:

I am a huge fan of all Bally/Williams games so I was super excited to play WOZ and experience the high quality feel of the hefty beautiful cabinet and use the familiar awesome control with the B/W flippers..... And then I played a bunch of WOZ games in person.....
And was totally let down. General Illumination had to be the worst I have ever seen. Blinding yellow brick road LEDs were laughably distracting, Wizard kick out hole is one of the cheapest straight down the middle drains I have ever experienced, and that sound wow please make it stop!
I appreciate WOZ's quality of art and cabinet and playfield and flippers, but execution of GI and LEDs and sound and playfield items..... Eh, nothing too exciting. I guess I got my hopes up to high, still can't match B/W games.
Metallica on the other hand looks like Stern is stepping up their game, which might be a response to JJP so I guess we should partly thank WOZ for a better quality MET pin and hopefully better JJP and Stern titles in the future. I hope Hobbit is more dialed in than WOZ, and I am sure Stern will keep stepping up their game (and probably prices) as more and more competition steps to the table. Yes, the free market still works

Just curious, when did you play your games on WOZ, was it a production game, or a prototype?

#109 10 years ago

This prototype crap just sucks. Every review comes back to " you played a prototype" not like the real game. Then don't put them out there!!

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

This prototype crap just sucks. Every review comes back to " you played a prototype" not like the real game. Then don't put them out there!!

Just stick with the reviews of people who got them in their homes. That's the pin I'll be getting (with even more complete code by the time I get mine in a few months), so that's what I want to see reviews of.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Wikipedia definition of Prototype:

"A prototype is an early sample or model built to test a concept or process or to act as a thing to be replicated or learned from. It is a term used in a variety of contexts, including semantics, design, electronics, and software programming. A prototype is designed to test and trial a new design to enhance precision by system analysts and users. Prototyping serves to provide specifications for a real, working system rather than a theoretical one."

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I chose WOZ even though I don't own one, I am on the preorder list for Predator but if I'm picking a #1 production it's gonna be a JJP game because he's trying to build a williams type large company and if he pulls it off it would be amazing to have his first made game. With Predator I'm not sure how big these guys want to grow as a company but they have a very big hill to climb. Metallica meh, if I own that game I'd probably have to pay Lars a portion of the money I'd make off route. And before you metallica fans get all up in arms it does look like a fun game.

It's always funny to see people complain when others try to protect their property. I suppose if you came up with something that was making you money and all of the sudden the general public was getting that thing for free you would be ok with it???

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

It's always funny to see people complain when others try to protect their property. I suppose if you came up with something that was making you money and all of the sudden the general public was getting that thing for free you would be ok with it???

You're not gonna change my mind about metallica. For me it wasn't about them being pissed that people were downloading their music, I get that. It was about the way metallica handled it, that's what lawyers are for, Lars didn't need to be in the spotlight on the napster debacle and look like he's personally suing the very fans that made him famous. If they would have laid low and let the lawyers and record companies handle it we wouldn't be talking about this today. You know at the time of the napster deal I owned every metallica album but still downloaded their albums off of napster, why? For convenience of not having to rip a cd onto my computer, some would call that stealing but I don't. I had also bought their albums about 5 times each, I know I bought the first 3 albums on cassette 3 times each at least and then cds 2 or more times. The thing is, those are crappy mediums and finally they had a way to have the music without it getting ruined but don't download it even if you already own it cause Lars will sue your freakin' ass

#114 10 years ago

Tallica Sux

#115 10 years ago

Woz le is pulling away.

#116 10 years ago

Well .... I guess we will se what the resale value is one all games are out the and markets settle.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Woz le is pulling away.

It has been pulling something, for a very long time now .

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

YEP

#119 10 years ago

Played Metallica this weekend. It's cool, but nothing too exciting as far as I could tell. All the talk about WOZ being incomplete, well Stern does the same thing and this isn't their first time around the block. WOF ring a bell?

At the start of a Metallica game you can pick from 10 or so tracks, which at this point just plays throughout the game. It's not a mode (well not yet, hopefully) at the start like AC/DC. I would imagine that's coming. Spelling "FUEL" as well didn't seem to do anything, yet again. Granted this wasn't an LE. The left orbit also had one of those stupid plastic pegs that would come up and send the ball back down the left orbit. Somehow you could lower it, but it really killed the flow to me.

I'm an old school Metallica fan, but still WOZ at least doesn't feel like I'm playing AC/DC minus song modes, a cannon, and the jukebox scoop. Give me something to do other than smash the electric chair and 4 inline drops to start multiball.

#120 10 years ago

and here we go with the polls.

I vote for Spooky on the sole fact that he is the only one that is reasonable on the NIB price. Stern and JJP are out of their minds. Predator is sold out so it's not an option. Spooky all the way.

#121 10 years ago

I don't care for either theme, and I have no preference towards either company. That being said, even though I haven't played either, I would choose WOZ if I had the disposable income for it. I've only watched the gameplay videos, but I have to say WOZ looks head and shoulders above the rest for build quality, or at least it looks that way. Plus I would probably lose it if I had to listen to Hetfield all day, yellow brick road on the other hand I could handle...for a while.

#122 10 years ago

I applaud the efforts of the Predator guys bigtime. But they really do not have a game that can compete with either WOZ or METLE. I know I'm gonna get flamed over this post, but I really do appreciate their efforts and enthusiasm. Ya just can't compete with big money backing the development of a game. For the cost of Predator you can get a nice HUO LOTR or SM. And the "wait time" on it is getting near the same as WOZLE...and that was only $6500 for the pre-order guys who put up with the wait. And its a lot more "game".
Its a fact of life and business. Sorry guys, but somebody had to say it. Its been said between many PB guys for quite awhile now behind closed doors because nobody wanted to slam them for all of their hard work and creative talents. I hope they make it and progress thru the evolution of pinball to wherever it ends up. They are nice guys and very dedicated to their project. Its just not in the same league as METLE or WOZ.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Both have their merits, but to me WOZ is light years ahead in tech and build, so an easy choice. Having been doing this since before the DMD became standard, I'm anxious for change and WOZ is pushing the envelope, while Metallica is in someways almost retro, inline drops etc. I think if theme was taken out of the equation and the 2 games were put side by side as fully playing whitewoods, it wouldn't even be close.

Wow. I would simply give you a thumbs down for this post but that would not be strong enough. Instead I will say that I cant disagree with you more.

Inline drops are awesome. There is simply no exciting shot like that on WoZ. Sorry. I don't see any envelop being pushed when I look at the WoZ playfield and the way the ball moves. Any innovation on WoZ has nothing to do with the way the ball moves and everything to do with displays, clearcoated cabinets, etc. Not that their is anything wrong with that if people want those things... Personally I would choose Metallica whitewood over WOZ without question. Bring in the themes and the margin gets infinitely wider.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Yep, its been pulling the hobby and Stern back into relevance again

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Bring in the themes and the margin gets infinitely wider.

That's the beauty of personal opinion, I agree, the Woz margin theme is infinitely better than Metallica....and I can see the other side too....

Let's see how many units of each eventually get sold, I guess that will tell the tale.....

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's the beauty of personal opinion, I agree, the Woz margin theme is infinitely better than Metallica....and I can see the other side too....
Let's see how many units of each eventually get sold, I guess that will tell the tale.....

Well 500 Metallica LE's (give or take a few) sold out in less then 48 hours.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Well 500 Metallica LE's (give or take a few) sold out in less then 48 hours.

I realize that and I did say I can see the other side too....unlike some others are able to do...and let's see what gets sold "eventually", I don't think the Metallica premium will come close to AC/DC, maybe the pro will......

#128 10 years ago

Ordered My MOPLE a few months ago and will have in a week or two. People who ordered there WOZ 2 years ago still have no definate delivery date.

Fact is all the code in the word cant change the shots on a table. Weather owners want to belive it or not you can almost tell right away if a table is slow and cumbersome or fast and flowing with or without code.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Fact is all the code in the word cant change the shots on a table. Weather owners want to belive it or not you can almost tell right away if a table is slow and cumbersome or fast and flowing with or without code.

Very well wrote

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Ordered My MOPLE a few months ago and will have in a week or two. People who ordered there WOZ 2 years ago still have no definate delivery date.

Who are these weather owners? Can they control the weather or just own it? When it rains, do farmers have to pay them for the water? Weather owners want to believe it or not? Sounds like a Bene poll. I want to own the weather.

#131 10 years ago

Hoby is Michael Myers?..........

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Who are these weather owners? Can they control the weather or just own it? When it rains, do farmers have to pay them for the water? Weather owners want to believe it or not? Sounds like a Bene poll. I want to own the weather.

All righty there..... WHETHER. It dose not change the fact of the matter. I didnt buy a 7k plus machine to play like an EM.

#133 10 years ago

Stern=low supply=high demand=higher resale value
Jjp=building way too many=anyone can get one=lower resale value
Basic economics you can't flood the market with product,It happens every time a new console game is produced,or a new hot toy,or electronic device,corporate America creates a low supply to make you think your special to get one.elmo,cabbage patch,Atari,apple,microsoft,chevy,ford and stern all use this tactic.I hope everyone realizes stern could build 5000 Metallica Le so why don't they?
Does anyone else on this forum find it odd that there is 1000 woz preorders, but only 147 votes what's up with that?

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I like what I see with both games. With Stern your waiting for a pin once its been announced by an established company. With WOZ we had to wait for a company and building to be born. Now, that I have my WOZ I am completely blown away buy it every time I turn it on. It is Not slow at all. It has some flow, some stop and go and is well balanced imo. I like MOPLE too though. I only hope Stern continues to step it up. It looks like they are. Good for pinball and all of us.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I vote for Spooky on the sole fact that he is the only one that is reasonable on the NIB price. Stern and JJP are out of their minds.

Not based on sales they're not. Stern and JJP that is.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and here we go with the polls.
I vote for Spooky on the sole fact that he is the only one that is reasonable on the NIB price. Stern and JJP are out of their minds.

Stern and JJP are out of their minds? Why, because they sell out of everything they build? Please think before you type... a mind is a terrible thing to waste... and you doing a fine job!

#137 10 years ago

Oh Neo,
They will never be the price you want again. Maybe it's time to move on..

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Oh Neo,
They will never be the price you want again. Maybe it's time to move on..

#139 10 years ago

Neo, With your constant rambling on how prices should be lower for the newer games, (and some older) I would think you would see a great opening in the pinball manufacturing game, for yourself. With such strong feelings on current pricing, why not start up and make one for the pinball community? Pick out a great theme, get an an le machine fully loaded, say for 4-5k, and I think you would sell a lot.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

All righty there..... WHETHER. It dose not change the fact of the matter. I didnt buy a 7k plus machine to play like an EM.

Boy, that's a little harsh on Metallica saying it plays like an EM

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Boy, that's a little harsh on Metallica saying it plays like an EM

Well ..... You should know that better than anyone considering that's what most of your collecton consists of.

Btw, I am good friends with Jack and I always look at the positives and never discredit the outstanding work he has done. That being said I won't sit and blow smoke up someones @$$ just to appease them. I call it as I see it, whether it's by popular opinion or not.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Well ..... You should know that better than anyone considering that's what most of your collecton consists of.

That's where you chose to go? Pretty lame.

#143 10 years ago

Was not intended to be a dig . Just a statement

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Btw, I am good friends with Jack and I always look at the positives and never discredit the outstanding work he has done. That being said I won't sit and blow smoke up someones @$$ just to appease them. I call it as I see it, whether it's by popular opinion or not.

Oppinions are like @ssholes every one has one, but
Some just seem to think theirs dont stink
And sh!t never comes out of it

News flash it does and it does

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Was not intended to be a dig . Just a statement

OK. My bad then.

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Oppinions are like @ssholes every one has one, but
Some just seem to think theirs dont stink
And sh!t never comes out of it

News flash it does and it does

So true!

#147 10 years ago

No problem . And thanks for the apology . I probably shouldn't have worded it like that. While it was meant to state gameplay it was never meant to discredit his collection. EM,SS,DMD,and now PC . It's different strokes for different folks

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I take no offense, I love my EM's just as much as my Solid State and DMD games. But no modern game plays like an EM, certainly not WOZ, that's just a ridiculous statement. If you've played a recent version of it and don't like it, that's fine, but it's as far from an EM as you can get.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-le-or-metallica-mop-le-poll/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.