(Topic ID: 53377)

Wizard Of Oz LE or Metallica MOP LE poll?

By bradloy25

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 148 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dgpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Wizard Of Oz LE#1 or Metallica MOP LE#1”

• Wizard Of Oz LE#1 148 votes
    48%
  • Metallica MOP LE#1 140 votes
    45%
  • Predator Pinball LE#1 when its released 8 votes
    3%
  • Spooky Pinball's New Zombie Game LE#1 when its released 12 votes
    4%

(308 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC09174.JPG
th.jpeg

There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

Here is the question or poll?

If any of my fellow pinsiders could choose either a Wizard Of Oz LE#1 or Metallica MOP LE#1.
This would be a free machine no charge Issue #1 of the run.
Which one would you choose in this poll?
We all know James Hetfield probly has #1 of MOP and my guess would be that Jersey Jack has Wizard of OZ LE#1 as well.
So this poll is obviously hypothetical.
added a couple other games to the poll for fun.

Just curious to see how this poll turns out.

I would like to hear your thoughts behind why you choose what you choose for games?

#2 10 years ago

LOL, get ready for the most biased responses you will ever see . . . from everyone. Everyone will vote for the one they were in on. The only non-biased votes will be from people in on all three!!!!

#3 10 years ago

I voted for Spooky because I love zombie theme's and I already have a Metallica DD premium ordered.

#4 10 years ago

Or in on none.

#5 10 years ago

To quote Stewie: Are we really doing this?

#6 10 years ago

I think WOZ will win this contest running away. Far more WOZ owners than any of the other games you identified. 3 to 1 victor margin over anything else is my prediction. (WOZ looks pretty awesome right now too anyway.)

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Or in on none.

True; I thought about that right when I hit "send" earlier. Thought about editing it in a moment ago.

#8 10 years ago

Would have to go for WOZ #1 simply because it is not only the first of the pin but also the first of the company.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Would have to go for WOZ #1 simply because it is not only the first of the pin but also the first of the company.

Same is true of Predator. By the way, take a peak at the hour long presentation from the NW Pinball show last night that got posted in the Predator thread. Really pumps up the expectations for that game. They are building a really unique rule set.

#10 10 years ago

METMOPLE since it fits nicely in my mostly Stern lineup.

#11 10 years ago

WOZ because I think the quality will be better.

#12 10 years ago

Wont the Your Off To See The Wizard Song Get annoying after you have played it for 10 or more times in a row, atleast with metallica you can change the songs.

#13 10 years ago

Go Metallica Go

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I was thinking the same.

Could you just imagine what that pin would be worth in about 20 years if JJP is successful and still in business?........ $$$$$

#15 10 years ago

I could see them all being worth quite abit of money in the future mainly because there all issue number 1 of the run.
Stern is the trusted and true company though and seem to bring their games to market much quicker.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

in about 20 years

Flipper!

#17 10 years ago

Based on playing both games today for the first time (at the NW Pinball & Arcade Show), I would go for a WOZ. Both were fun to play, but the WOZ has a more unique layout, details, and gameplay whereas Metallica seems somewhat more of the same from Stern. Metallica's artwork is interesting and colorful, but WOZ is more aesthetically pleasing and has a higher overall feel of quality to it.

Granted, if I played both games a hundred times each, my opinion might vary somewhat, but based on initial impressions, WOZ definitely gets my vote in this poll.

- Tim

#18 10 years ago

I could see Spooky pinball's Zombie Horror Themed game being a Huge Success.
They obviously will not be building the numbers that stern or even JJP builds but I bet they will be very well built machines.

#19 10 years ago

I was at the NW pinball & arcade show as well but did not want to stand in a 20 minute line to play WOZ. Looks like a fun machine though and cant wait to play one some day.

#20 10 years ago

Darn... you caught me!!!

#21 10 years ago

haven't played a complete either of them so I wouldn't know which way to lean.

#22 10 years ago

Play both when code is complete

Only then will you make the right decision

#23 10 years ago

Have not played WOZ or Metallica yet. So my vote doesnt mean much. No money involved or investment. My vote goes to basicaly the theme and fun factor..........Metallica. I know an afternoon of hearing the witch and the WOZ music will make me want to shoot myself. Metallica music is cool.

#24 10 years ago

I was playing WoZ and then I went to Mettallica . I stayed there. I really liked it and that was the stripped down pro. You cant say which one is better as neither one is finished.

#25 10 years ago

Who cares, they are all good.......

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 10 years ago

I guess, if you can listen to this over and over, it might be fun...

#27 10 years ago

Darn this is a very close race between woz and metallica.

This could go either way at the end.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from bradloy25:

Darn this is a very close race between woz and metallica.
This could go either way at the end.

Yea, I'm actually really surprised. I thought, as I said earlier, that WOZ was going to smoke all three combined. I am really surprised Predator has gotten but one vote . . . mine!!!! LOL

#29 10 years ago

Make mine a Wozlemople and don't skimp on the gravy.

#30 10 years ago

Play both when code is complete

And when might that be?

th.jpegth.jpeg

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I was playing WoZ and then I went to Mettallica . I stayed there. I really liked it and that was the stripped down pro. You cant say which one is better as neither one is finished.

Exact opposite for me

#32 10 years ago

Both have their merits, but to me WOZ is light years ahead in tech and build, so an easy choice. Having been doing this since before the DMD became standard, I'm anxious for change and WOZ is pushing the envelope, while Metallica is in someways almost retro, inline drops etc. I think if theme was taken out of the equation and the 2 games were put side by side as fully playing whitewoods, it wouldn't even be close.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Both have their merits, but to me WOZ is light years ahead in tech and build, so an easy choice. Having been doing this since before the DMD became standard, I'm anxious for change and WOZ is pushing the envelope, while Metallica is in someways almost retro, inline drops etc. I think if theme was taken out of the equation and the 2 games were put side by side as fully playing whitewoods, it wouldn't even be close.

Ding ding ding.....

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I think if theme was taken out of the equation and the 2 games were put side by side as fully playing whitewoods, it wouldn't even be close.

Agreed; as always with WOZ, it comes back to theme for so many (including me). I think the game looks great and love that it is pushing technology forward and has a (supposedly) higher focus on quality control and better parts . . . but the show tune music and the theme is tough to swallow (even with the game play ever growing on me).

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

but the show tune music and the theme is tough to swallow (even with the game play ever growing on me).

Try swallowing a couple tabs first.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Try swallowing a couple tabs first.

Then I could spend five hours playing even Shaq Attack and tell you it was the greatest game of all time!!!!!!!!

#37 10 years ago

WOZLE because 2 friends near me are getting METLE's.

#38 10 years ago

Theme wow lets see people on here would actually admit they would take a WOZ over a METALLICA; talk about gender issues Ok well lets put it like this WOZ is stop and go all the way. METALLICA is all about the flow and fast smooth shots. So for me it is METALLICA.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

LOL, get ready for the most biased responses you will ever see . . . from everyone. Everyone will vote for the one they were in on. The only non-biased votes will be from people in on all three!!!!

Well why wouldnt it be that way? We vote with our wallets.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Theme wow lets see people on here would actually admit they would take a WOZ over a METALLICA; talk about gender issues Ok well lets put it like this WOZ is stop and go all the way. METALLICA is all about the flow and fast smooth shots. So for me it is METALLICA.

Agree 100%....If you like stop n go style games WoZ seems perfect for you. If you prefer a faster flowing style gameplay then Metallica seems a better choice.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Well why wouldnt it be that way? We vote with our wallets.

Very valid point. We all buy what we like and what we want. Fair enough.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Very valid point. We all buy what we like and what we want.

Until we run out of money or space or both.

#43 10 years ago

the OP needs to be more in touch with what is happening
there is a new (but really old) guy in town who is planning on going into pinball production

Mike (goes by the handle HomePin)

Vote 1 HomePin

#44 10 years ago

WOZ is so far ahead of the game its not even a contest. Metallica is the same boring equation from stern. Build quality is the biggest factor.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

WOZ is so far ahead of the game its not even a contest. Metallica is the same boring equation from stern. Build quality is the biggest factor.

Agree that the build quality of WoZ is probably the best ever done. Still doesnt mean it will be a better pin for some over Metallica or any of the other choices.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

WOZ is so far ahead of the game its not even a contest.

A little behind schedule, yes, but these guys pulled out all the stops. This thing is awesome!

#47 10 years ago

I have three out of four coming,I think WOZ LE will be the best quality of the three.
Looking forward to it being finished,code wise.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

METALLICA has more ramps then WOZ

#49 10 years ago

Build quality does not make the game great. The build quality is definitely second to none on WOZ but the layout to me is just flawed and has been since day one. Meaning way to slow and too much stop and go. I am excited for their second title, because in the press release they have addressed both issues flow and ramps

#50 10 years ago

Predator...just because.
WOZ
Metallica....(if I had to listen to that music for long, I'd shoot myself)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-le-or-metallica-mop-le-poll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.