You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

woz2 (resized).PNG
woz3 (resized).PNG
woz1 (resized).PNG
#1 6 years ago

I'm new to pinball, but we are wanting a Wizard of Oz really bad.

I found a listing for a LE Wizard of Oz for under regular edition price, but it does not have the green edges. Were there any produced in silver edging?
It has a numbered plaque on the front.

Here's pictures:

woz1 (resized).PNGwoz1 (resized).PNG

woz3 (resized).PNGwoz3 (resized).PNG

woz2 (resized).PNGwoz2 (resized).PNG

#2 6 years ago

It doesn't look like an actual LE.

The apron says "pinball madness" edition. I'm not familiar with that edition.

Here is the LE:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5967

#3 6 years ago

That's just a standard.

#4 6 years ago

Yep. Doesn’t have the direct print cab either

#5 6 years ago

That's not an ECLE but rather 1 of the original 1000 numbered standard editions that were produced. Only some standards, not all, had direct printed cabinet artwork.

#6 6 years ago

Good to know guys, thanks.

The listing says only 3 hours played. At $6500 is this a good deal right now?

*edit clarify
We're probably not in the best place to buy it and would have to put it on credit right now. Knowing we'll be looking for one by late 2018, is this a "oh my god we can't pass this up?" price or is it safe to wait a year to get an equitable price?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's not an ECLE but rather 1 of the original 1000 numbered standard editions that were produced. Only some standards, not all, had direct printed cabinet artwork.

For what it's worth, I have #962/1000 and it was made April 2017.

#8 6 years ago

Very fair price,don't get caught up with le or ruby red,it is just trim,

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Very fair price,don't get caught up with le or ruby red,it is just trim,

ECLE also has direct print cabinet, wood clear coated apron, topper, powder coated armor plus powder coated habit rails, shaker motor, and invisiglass...just saying

#10 6 years ago

The only truly limited versions are the Wizard of Oz - Emerald City Edition from Automated and the Aussie edition.

For what it's worth, I can do without the wood apron.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Good to know guys, thanks.
The listing says only 3 hours played. At $6500 is this a good deal right now?

6500 is a pretty good price for a HUO standard in my opinion.

#12 6 years ago

Great price!

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Very fair price

It's a fair price but is $6500 a crazy good price for a HUO WOZ Standard? (i.e. a "put it on your credit card even though you'd be fine waiting a year" price)? I don't follow pricing on these closely but I would have thought $6500 is about right, but not a fire sale.

(by way of comparison, here's a HUO Standard with hundreds of dollars in mods that was listed last year at $6900 OBO, not clear what the final sale price was but you could PM the seller to ask: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wizard-of-oz)

OP has to also consider whether WOZes pop up in his neighborhood much (if not there's shipping cost to consider), and then whether he thinks prices will rise or fall over the next year. My wild speculation is that prices on $5k+ HUO games in general will decline slightly due to all the great new - and expensive - pins coming out these days.

The listing says only 3 hours played.

Heartbreaking! I assume they bought the game and then decided it wasn't for them, or ran into money trouble, but it's sad to imagine buying a NIB pin and only putting three hours on it.

#15 6 years ago

I got a low play, HUO Ruby Red for $6,500. Maybe look around a bit more before you decide.

#16 6 years ago

Not a LE

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I got a low play, HUO Ruby Red for $6,500. Maybe look around a bit more before you decide.

Quoted from fosaisu:

It's a fair price but is $6500 a crazy good price for a HUO WOZ Standard? (i.e. a "put it on your credit card even though you'd be fine waiting a year" price)? I don't follow pricing on these closely but I would have thought $6500 is about right, but not a fire sale.
(by way of comparison, here's a HUO Standard with hundreds of dollars in mods that was listed last year at $6900 OBO, not clear what the final sale price was but you could PM the seller to ask: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wizard-of-oz)
OP has to also consider whether WOZes pop up in his neighborhood much (if not there's shipping cost to consider), and then whether he thinks prices will rise or fall over the next year. My wild speculation is that prices on $5k+ HUO games in general will decline slightly due to all the great new - and expensive - pins coming out these days.

This really helps. I was honestly looking for a reason NOT to buy it and wait awhile. They don't seem to pop up in Texas that often, but if I can shop around and find something close in 10-14 months, I'll just wait.

We just bought a pinball machine and we're going to Europe this summer.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Now that sounds like a good deal!

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Now that sounds like a good deal!

It was exceptional, but I think $7000-$7500 is probably something you could find with a bit of effort.

#20 6 years ago

but if I can shop around and find something close in 10-14 months, I'll just wait.

Bingo!

#21 6 years ago

With that few of plays and being an early standard edition would it have the updated light boards? If not, that is something the OP will have to budget for.

Also, how would he check to see if it had one of the PF's that had PF wear issues?

I'm not super familiar with WOZ but my assumption is this would be a fairly early game if it's a numbered standard thus I'm hopeful some of you WOZ experts could advise.

OP - If you aren't part of bat city pinball facebook you should join. One of the member could potentially check it out with you. I'd do it if nobody else will but as stated above I'm not a WOZ expert. P.S. - We have league tonight at 8pm at Pinballz. Come join us if you aren't already playing. Season is already going but you can play as a guest.

#22 6 years ago

This really helps. I was honestly looking for a reason NOT to buy it and wait awhile. They don't seem to pop up in Texas that often, but if I can shop around and find something close in 10-14 months, I'll just wait.
We just bought a pinball machine and we're going to Europe this summer.

If that is your timeline I'd probably wait. Their are a couple owners around town and I would be surprised if one wouldn't sell theirs at some point.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

With that few of plays and being an early standard edition would it have the updated light boards? If not, that is something the OP will have to budget for.
Also, how would he check to see if it had one of the PF's that had PF wear issues?
I'm not super familiar with WOZ but my assumption is this would be a fairly early game if it's a numbered standard thus I'm hopeful some of you WOZ experts could advise.
OP - If you aren't part of bat city pinball facebook you should join. One of the member could potentially check it out with you. I'd do it if nobody else will but as stated above I'm not a WOZ expert. P.S. - We have league tonight at 8pm at Pinballz. Come join us if you aren't already playing. Season is still going but you can play as a guest.

Cool, I'll check you out tonight most likely. Which Pinballz is it? The wife usually decides which one she's in the mood for

#24 6 years ago

It's the original location - Address: 8940 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78758

I'll be their about 7:30 which is about when we start to trickle in. My name is Brad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 16.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-le-is-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.