Cricket.jpg
Crickets_Ave.jpg
qjp1.gif
IMG_0006[1].JPG
miata.jpg
wtp.jpg
st.jpg
side-boob.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chocky909.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 11 years ago

I can't believe people are advocating being charged proper money to play a test game with threadbare rule set, random flashing inserts and according to reports quite a few mechanical bugs and software crashes. I wonder how many passers by are totally aware how unfinished the code is that they are being charged $1-$2 for. I bet a few people walked away thinking the game was a bit rubbish too.

It's not a $7k machine until the software is in a finished state and I don't agree it should be taking money yet. I'll be playing Phil's WOZ at the London Pinball Tournament later this month and as far as I know it'll be on Free Play as all these other test machines should be too.

#212 11 years ago

Obviously people have the right to charge whatever they want but personally I think it's pretty rotten when the machine is in such an unfinished state.

Do other entertainment makers charge full price to play a Beta version of a video game or full price to watch a test screening of a film? No.

chocky909 : )

#216 11 years ago

There is a big difference I think between publicly testing a finished product like a film or a new food and a work in progress like WOZ. I believed the reason these WOZ were put out there as test games were to to show everyone the progress, the quality of the table and to gain feedback that can be used before final production and for software development, not to grab money from naive passers by and pinheads who want to see what all the fuss is about

If my local op had a WOZ and was charging £1 a game I'd probably have a few goes but it'd leave a sour taste in my mouth. Why not wait until the game is programmed fully before making people pay? It's just crappy behaviour in my book.

#219 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Dude, your discussing what you do not know. WHY?? If you played and had the opinion thats one thing..but you have not. Your making up an argument and arguing against someone that played it and is happy.
A little crazy amigo.

Dude, you're talking nonsense.

I'm going to play on a test WOZ (on Free Play!) hopefully in a few weeks and then I'll be qualified to have an opinion in your eyes...

#250 11 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Me thinks Mr. Chocky is feeling a bit foolish after asking for a refund on his own WOZ LE, lol. Bummer eh Chocky? You passed on the game that everyone wants to play and is even willing to PAY to play the unfinished prototype! Wait until you see the final games that actually get delivered ... bad move Chocky. Bad move.

Yeah I feel really foolish getting a refund on a machine that made me dislike it a bit more every update I saw, spending that deposit on a LOTR and playing it to death.

I am planning on picking up a WOZ when it's actually finished if it's any good. I doubt I'll have trouble finding a machine a few months after release if so.

I hope it's good in the end, I really do.

#261 11 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Yes, Exejet and Chocky have been two of the most vocal anti-WOZers, both purchasing then getting refunds early on. Now dumping on the game and JJP at every opportunity.
Back on topic. I thought pinball machines were put on test to work out bugs and to get an idea of earnings.
Didn't Williams do this to try and determine how many machines to make? Seems like you need to charge for this to be meaningful.
If WOZ is getting a good return from both pinheads and non-pinheads in it's current state, it tells Jack he probably has a hit and should anticipate ramping up production.
It also tells operators that may be waiting on the sidelines that it could be a good investment.

Quoted from Jvspin:

Not necessarily a bad move at all in my opinion. Those two just seem to have an axe to grind which makes it look like sour grapes or something.

I was just as vocal when I still had WOZ on order. I got a refund (no one in the UK was interested in taking over my preorder) because I didn't like the sound and the delays.

What you call sour grapes or an axe to grind is simply me being honest about the latest updates on a project I've been following since very early on. It's pretty pathetic that I get called a troll just because I point out things I don't like.

I really don't take it personally when WOZ owners attack my comments because they're just trying to protect their investments. But please don't lump me in with Exejet. That's really insulting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chocky909.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-killing-it-on-location-at-sharks-club-in-howell-michigan?tu=chocky909 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.