Cricket.jpg
Crickets_Ave.jpg
qjp1.gif
IMG_0006[1].JPG
miata.jpg
wtp.jpg
st.jpg
side-boob.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianbannon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from KOZ-MIPINBALL:

No worries, we have ours set for $1.50 a play ;-P
KOZ

Great to hear this news!

Do you have any discounts for multiple plays? Say four plays for $5.00. Given how different WOZ will look as compared to even the newest Stern, your pricing makes sense to me.

I just can't understand why some people expect pinball per play prices to be frozen in time when everything else about pinball costs significantly more money.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#140 11 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

I agree, I wouldn't feel comfortable operating it in its current state at all. Much less the totally bare-bones state it was in a month or two ago, when Jack had one set up at iPlay for $1/play.
For me it would be less about feeling like I was fleecing the customer, and more fear that many casual players would form their impressions of the game based on this unfinished version of it.

Haven't you guys ever played a pin out on test? I remember playing W/B on test, Sega, and of course Stern. I thought it was pretty cool to be able to play a game that I hadn't see before, or even heard of for that matter. Sometimes things would break, like the slam ramp on No Good Gophers, or the jump rope on Champion Pub.

Of course, I didn't realize they were "test" games until much later. I don't remember what the pricing was to play these games, but I am sure it wasn't discounted for being a test game. People around here, STL, would jump at the chance to play WOZ, early software or not.

I agree with your point on players possibly forming a poor impression based on an early code play experience. Certainly saw that with XMen. As long as the game is fun in whatever code state it is in then players will still get a good experience for their $$.

#141 11 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

The new pins are .75 a play. When does this pin ship out for people that bought it? How is one on location already?

Actually, new Stern pins are shipping with the $1.00 pricing card already installed. Of course, operators can choose to charge less or more depending on their location.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianbannon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-killing-it-on-location-at-sharks-club-in-howell-michigan?tu=brianbannon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.