Topic Stats

• 321 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by lowepg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Jude_photo.jpg
C1.JPG
C1.JPG
C3.JPG
Cricket.jpg
Crickets_Ave.jpg
qjp1.gif
IMG_0006[1].JPG
miata.jpg
wtp.jpg
st.jpg
side-boob.jpg

There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 6 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I didn't think we would hear how the game did on location after a week.

Indeed. Maybe the cash box was so full that it is taking him a few extra days to count it all.

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Well, for the sake of the hobby let us all hope WOZ outdoes every other game to date as far as performance for Ops is concerned and lets hope it is easier for them to repair and work on too.

WOZ doing great for Ops is great for us collectors.

#303 6 years ago

Maybe JJP will use some of these marketing gems from old pinball flyers & ads..... C3.JPG C1.JPG C1.JPG

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

WOZ doing great for Ops is great for us collectors.

And pinball in general...

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

After a week is not a good judge. All pins do well the first couple of weeks.

Let me know how it's doing the 14th week, and the 30th week, and the 52nd week. Because at $7,500 plus tax and shipping, it's not going to make that back in a couple of weeks.

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

That's really very interesting. JJP was going to use Bally flipper mechs for WOZ. It's surprising someone thinks it has a different feel from Bally games. I'm looking forward to trying a WOZ someday to see what the difference is.

There's more to flipper feel than just the linkages/brackets/coils/springs. Much of the feel comes from the software driving the flippers. WOZ flipper control will be very different from the old Fliptronics boards. The feel may still be similar if software control is tweaked..... Seems to be many mor eoptions for flipper setings with the new system and software.

#307 6 years ago

What was posted on the JJP forum? The game did $1000 in one week and more in the next?

2 years later
#308 4 years ago
Quoted from Speed:

Can't believe a bunch of grown boys are shitn themselves over a game with such a girly, gay theme... badass pinball game should contain more than pretty lights and an lcd/led packed wooden box. Theme is uber lame - especially when there are so many other awesome nerdy themes to choose from... WOZ lovers - especially those who have never even played the game - have truly taken classic nerd (which is cool) to a whole new level of pathetic, needy nerd (not so cool).

So, I'm sorry about this thread necro, but some important light has come out about the above poster who posted this crazy post nearly three years ago.

I went to this poster's office late last night, and look at him in this picture . . . with the game he just bought last week . . .

Jude photo.JPG

#309 4 years ago

So, it's not gay if it's JJ? I think that's what he told me.

Machine looks great...

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, I'm sorry about this thread necro, but some important light has come out about the above poster who posted this crazy post nearly years ago.
I went to this poster's office late last night, and look at him in this picture . . . with the game he just bought last week . . .
Jude photo.JPG

I guess his inner nerd was finally let out to join the rest of us.

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, I'm sorry about this thread necro, but some important light has come out about the above poster who posted this crazy post nearly three years ago.
Jude photo.JPG

So you, a moderator, necroed a thread where an obviously less than tolerant pinsider posted to embarrass him? I thought he did a good job of embarrassing himself in the original post...

#312 4 years ago

Lol! That's great.

In the end all the WOZ haters will realize that a game with a ton of features / toys and deep as well as completed unique code can be fun!

Let me just say it one more time for the remaining WOZ haters

WOZ is one of the greatest pinball machines ever made. 5 magnets, two mini playfields, 5 flippers, two mini outlane games, two VUK's, the crystal ball and witch toy, a motorized monkey toy that picks up the ball, a kick out shot, tons of RGB LED's, a 26" LCD and the deepest and most complete ruleset in all of pinball!

#313 4 years ago

Converting haters one at a time. Maybe chuck will be next?

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

So you, a moderator, necroed a thread where an obviously less than tolerant pinsider posted to embarrass him?

Just for clarification, speed is a buddy of mine, I'm just giving him some good fun ribbing because he now agrees WOZ is great and likes the theme and he purchased the game. He's faced heat from me and Jodester and others for that post he made three years ago for some time now.

Being able to laugh at one's self for past errors is an important quality that luckily both speed and I share.

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just for clarification, speed is a buddy of mine, I'm just giving him some good fun ribbing because he now agrees WOZ is great and likes the theme and he purchased the game. He's faced heat from me and Jodester and others for that post he made three years ago for some time now.
Being able to laugh at one's self for past errors is an important quality that luckily both speed and I share.

Sorry about the reply. The context helps here

#316 4 years ago

Women always have the right to change their minds.

#317 4 years ago

I like the old hardcore Speed just as much as the new rainbow Speed.

#318 4 years ago

WOZ is truly a magnificent pin! My attorney has advised me to avoid discussions of theme

PanzerFreak said it best above. This pin is full of well designed toys, separate playfield areas, and such.

The future of pinball should use WOZ as an example of how to properly design pins. It is refreshing to purchase a game with so much packed into it right from the factory - no need for thousands of dollars of mods as soon as it arrives. (Mods are inevitable, but not immediately necessary)

#319 4 years ago

The earth revolves around the sun, the sky is green, the world is flat, Woz sucks...till you open your mind.

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

The earth revolves around the sun

Hang on, I'm pretty sure the earth does revolve around the sun.

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol! That's great.
In the end all the WOZ haters will realize that a game with a ton of features / toys and deep as well as completed unique code can be fun!
Let me just say it one more time

One more time?

lol... if that were only true....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.95
There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside