Cricket.jpg
Crickets_Ave.jpg
qjp1.gif
IMG_0006[1].JPG
miata.jpg
wtp.jpg
st.jpg
side-boob.jpg
There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 11 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

That one is Marvin's for use in MMMM. Parker & family have theirs still on order with the rest of us. Parker can correct me if I'm wrong.

This is true. Lloyd, I wish you were right!

The game at Marvin's is a "standard" silver WOZ and is a test game. Marvin has an LE on order that will eventually replace it - the test game will go back to JJ.

As those who have looked at the vid or pic saw the WOZ is sandwiched between many other pins and sits right next to the highest earning pin at Marvin's. We are collecting data on both earnings and customer feedback.

The game is doing great. On this board we have a lot of passionate collectors, some of which visit Marvin's (Thank You!). But many of the patron's at Marvin's are not pinball experts and will play the game for reasons other than us (looks cool, sounds cool, etc.). Some on here are wishing it will do great and some wish it will flop. In the end, the data will tell the tale.

Parker

#252 11 years ago
Quoted from michiganpinball:

Some on here are wishing it will do great and some wish it will flop.

I really hate to think that anyone hopes WOZ will flop. It would be great for pinball for WOZ to be a huge smash hit both with existing collectors and people yet to flip a single flipper. We would all win.

#253 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I really hate to think that anyone hopes WOZ will flop. It would be great for pinball for WOZ to be a huge smash hit both with existing collectors and people yet to flip a single flipper. We would all win.

In a perfect world, everyone would be hoping for JJP and WOZ to succeed,(except maybe for Stern), but there is always that small percentage of people out there who just can't see the forest for the trees, and put their own petty agendas and ego ahead of all else.

#254 11 years ago
Quoted from michiganpinball:

But many of the patron's at Marvin's are not pinball experts and will play the game for reasons other than us (looks cool, sounds cool, etc.).

That is what I hoped for the game. Like P2K for me. Brought in non pinball player money too. An attraction pin. That will make it a great earner.

LTG : )

#255 11 years ago

Can't wait to play it...

#256 11 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

In a perfect world, everyone would be hoping for JJP and WOZ to succeed,(except maybe for Stern)

I talked to Gary and he has no ill will towards JJP at all.

He is super happy that JJP allowed him to raise pin prices over $7000.

#257 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I was wrong and am sorry.

No worries Lloyd. It's all good.

#258 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is what I hoped for the game. Like P2K for me. Brought in non pinball player money too. An attraction pin. That will make it a great earner.

Exactly! If we want a pinball renaissance, we need new players... does not matter if hardcore pinsiders don't like WOZ! What we want are new converts enjoying it (And I won't mind if these new players are gorgeous ladies...)

#259 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

LMFAO vid! Dude, you are really in the wrong hobby...your talents/skills with wit belong in politics or some other form of satire. You could write for the Onion, no kidding.

#260 11 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

In a perfect world, everyone would be hoping for JJP and WOZ to succeed,(except maybe for Stern)

Quoted from vid1900:

That's why I said "maybe"

#261 11 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Yes, Exejet and Chocky have been two of the most vocal anti-WOZers, both purchasing then getting refunds early on. Now dumping on the game and JJP at every opportunity.
Back on topic. I thought pinball machines were put on test to work out bugs and to get an idea of earnings.
Didn't Williams do this to try and determine how many machines to make? Seems like you need to charge for this to be meaningful.
If WOZ is getting a good return from both pinheads and non-pinheads in it's current state, it tells Jack he probably has a hit and should anticipate ramping up production.
It also tells operators that may be waiting on the sidelines that it could be a good investment.

Quoted from Jvspin:

Not necessarily a bad move at all in my opinion. Those two just seem to have an axe to grind which makes it look like sour grapes or something.

I was just as vocal when I still had WOZ on order. I got a refund (no one in the UK was interested in taking over my preorder) because I didn't like the sound and the delays.

What you call sour grapes or an axe to grind is simply me being honest about the latest updates on a project I've been following since very early on. It's pretty pathetic that I get called a troll just because I point out things I don't like.

I really don't take it personally when WOZ owners attack my comments because they're just trying to protect their investments. But please don't lump me in with Exejet. That's really insulting.

#262 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm not joking, he really is just fine with JJP.

#263 11 years ago

Does the term "killing it" have a monetary value yet?

#264 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Does the term "killing it" have a monetary value yet?

That's the best part. No! When games make a total of a $100 a month before split $150 would be killing it. What business model works with a $5k pinball machine. I've got locations I can drop a $1500 NBAFB into and pull $100 month or drop a Pro Stern at $4k in the same location. Why drop the $4k machine in the location?? It makes no business sense and that's why all the Vendors are GONE!

#265 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

That's the best part. No! When games make a total of a $100 a month before split $150 would be killing it. What business model works with a $5k pinball machine. I've got locations I can drop a $1500 NBAFB into and pull $100 month or drop a Pro Stern at $4k in the same location. Why drop the $4k machine in the location?? It makes no business sense and that's why all the Vendors are GONE!

Yep, just like all the new "operators" learn:

You got 3 games taking in a total of $100 a week.

You add a 4th game.

Now you have 4 games, but still only take in a total of $100 a week.

Lesson: There is only so much money in a room.

#266 11 years ago

We must be very fortunate then. We have 5 pins on location at a laundromat and the games take in about $100-$200 a week. That also includes 2 video games but pinball is played the most by far. We seem to be seeing opposite effects.

#267 11 years ago

Sometimes you get the right game in the right location with the right gang of players.

All the way until 2005 I had a Stargate video game that kept earning in the same bar for about $100-150 a week. For 25 years it just kept earning. I had replaced the monitor and power supply multiple times.

I had gradually increased the difficulty so the game played very fast and hard. Too hard for me to play, but the guys at the bar were used to it.

#268 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You add a 4th game.

Truer words were never spoken.

Thank you.

#269 11 years ago

WTF happened to this thread? Wasn't it about how well a WOZ test machine is doing on location at a buck 50 a game?

Or am I stuck in the twilight zone?

#270 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You add a 4th game.

I found this out very quickly. Even adding 'A' titles like MM and MB, the money just moves between machines.

I started with 2, then 3, now up to 5 at my location. Earnings have stayed the same.

I've had people say pull 2 and get another location. I reply, "But then I have to drink beers in two places, and taxi's are expensive!" I love my public man cave

#271 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm not joking, he really is just fine with JJP.

My public statements towards my competitors would be the same

Now to my wife, I lay it all out, which I'm sure he does.

#272 11 years ago

How did that cash box look after 1 week?

**crickets**

#273 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

How did that cash box look after 1 week?

**crickets**

None of our business.

#274 11 years ago

I'm still waiting to see if JJP is going to do the profit sharing thing (emails sent, no reply). I would take a WoZ at my location if it did not cost me $7,500 + tax + shipping + brokerage.

Initially when I spoke with Jack he said it was going to happen. Nothing since.

Anyone have any inside info on this?

#275 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

None of our business.

*ahem*

Quoted from Benepinballs:

Just wait plenty will be up for sale. I would love to see
What killing it means coin wise in one week.

Quoted from KOZ-MIPINBALL:

I will let you know this coming Monday when I do the week 1 collection
Koz

He opened the door. I'm merely walking through it.

#276 11 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I'm still waiting to see if JJP is going to do the profit sharing thing (emails sent, no reply). I would take a WoZ at my location if it did not cost me $7,500 + tax + shipping + brokerage.
Initially when I spoke with Jack he said it was going to happen. Nothing since.
Anyone have any inside info on this?

I have contacted Jack numerous times about getting a WOZ for my arcade. I guess he misplaced my number.
I wonder if he remembers what his first location was like. I'll bet his response would have been classic if a supplier told him to prepay for a machine two years before it was delivered.

#277 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

He opened the door. I'm merely walking through it.

I stand corrected.

Normally I'd be right.

But you are correct in him posting that. Which I missed. I'm sorry.

#278 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I stand corrected.
Normally I'd be right.
But you are correct in him posting that. Which I missed. I'm sorry.

No problem. Normally I would not ask either, but this is a special case given the circumstances.

#279 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

No problem. Normally I would not ask either, but this is a special case given the circumstances.

Yeah, Whats up Koz. How is the take?

#280 11 years ago

Did care for the WOZ when I played it at the Shark Club, yesterday..

#281 11 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

So it was good?

#282 11 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

So you DID like it?

"did care for" is strange phrasing for this Ohio boy.

#283 11 years ago

I used to care for my grandmother. Maybe this particular WOZ is senile and legally blind?

#284 11 years ago

No, I didn't care for it.. Just had a weird feel to it..

#285 11 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

As compared to....?

#286 11 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I found this out very quickly. Even adding 'A' titles like MM and MB, the money just moves between machines.
I started with 2, then 3, now up to 5 at my location. Earnings have stayed the same.
I've had people say pull 2 and get another location. I reply, "But then I have to drink beers in two places, and taxi's are expensive!" I love my public man cave

Depending on how invested you want to get, once you have 4+ games in a location you could start running regular tournaments. My friend installed 4 games at a location so I started running tournaments there every two weeks. The venue supported it with anywhere from four to ten $5 drink/app coupons depending on turn-out, and the game count grew to 6. We even held an ACDC launch party there. It worked out for everyone: OP, location owner and the local scene.

#287 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

As compared to....?

My FH or any Williams/Bally/Stern game in the last 10 to 20 yrs..

#288 11 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

That's cool.

Not every game is right for everybody (and that's a good thing).

#289 11 years ago

I heard it played similar to TZ. You didn't think so?

#290 11 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

But you just posted you DID care for it! Which is it? And if you don't, why did you post that you did first? I'm so confused....

#291 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

But you just posted you DID care for it! Which is it? And if you don't, why did you post that you did first? I'm so confused....

I meant to say I didn't care for it... Sorry for the confusion...

#292 11 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

My friend installed 4 games at a location so I started running tournaments there every two weeks.

The local league holds an event there every month.

#293 11 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

I meant to say I didn't care for it... Sorry for the confusion...

That's really very interesting. JJP was going to use Bally flipper mechs for WOZ. It's surprising someone thinks it has a different feel from Bally games. I'm looking forward to trying a WOZ someday to see what the difference is.

#294 11 years ago

Crickets_Ave.jpgCrickets_Ave.jpg

#295 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I'm looking forward to trying a WOZ someday to see what the difference is.

And you will, when you come to the unboxing party and help me move that beast into the basement!

#296 11 years ago

No relation to this.....

Cricket.jpgCricket.jpg

#297 11 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

No relation to this.....

Well... You could park it on that avenue.

#298 11 years ago
Quoted from Dockman:

I heard it played similar to TZ. You didn't think so?

Not at all. Again, it's very hard to say because none (-6) of the insert lights work on it. And then everything else doesn't work on it...so it's hard to get a feel for it.

#299 11 years ago

No relation to this.....

This is an errant double post.

#300 11 years ago

I didn't think we would hear how the game did on location after a week.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 91.00
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-killing-it-on-location-at-sharks-club-in-howell-michigan/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.