Cricket.jpg
Crickets_Ave.jpg
qjp1.gif
IMG_0006[1].JPG
miata.jpg
wtp.jpg
st.jpg
side-boob.jpg
There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

If you made it legal then what would be next.....marrying a vid?

I'll marry you, as long as you are bottom.

#102 11 years ago

When is WOZ going to be readily available so I can play one?!

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

For reals? You won't pay a dollar to play a $7K game? No wonder I can't find much route pinball. You tightwads are pushing all the Ops to redemption-land, where kids blow through a dollar quicker than I can launch 3 balls.

Operators around here will NOT pay $7,000 for a pinball. All pinballs around here are on 50 cent play and some are still on 25 cent play.

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from gsrogers:

Totally
Miatas are one of the best value cars I have ever owned. Reliable, "go cart" for the road, and fairly cheap to buy.
But back to Pins

Is it just me or does that straight long pole with a wet background make the Miate look gay?

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

LOL, so true.
Did anyone EVER have a girlfriend in college that had not had sex with other women?

Me. Two of 'em.

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'll marry you, as long as you are bottom.

Okay.....you're lucky I wasn't drinking something when I read that!

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

All pinballs around here are on 50 cent play and some are still on 25 cent play.

Wow, we moved to .50 cents way back in 1980 with Black Knight.

#108 11 years ago

the pins nearest me are $1.50 australian....

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

the pins nearest me are $1.50 australian....

There are no pins on location near me.

So "free play" is the cost around these parts.

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Remember that 15% of the population is gay.

Actually, closer to 1.7%.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/07/gay-population-us-estimate_n_846348.html

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Operators around here will NOT pay $7,000 for a pinball. All pinballs around here are on 50 cent play and some are still on 25 cent play.

What happened to Jack's leasing plan? Is that still a go for operators?

#113 11 years ago

That only represents "adults who identify as being gay or lesbian". It could be accurate....it could be WAY off.

Either way, who cares? It could be 1% or 20%, it does not change the fact that I don't own an MM.

#114 11 years ago

If you read the article, it says:

" 8.2 percent of the population, have engaged in sex with a partner of the same sex. That includes all groups, such as gays, bisexuals and heterosexuals who have experimented with same-sex behavior."

If you have sex with a man, you are gay.

That's what my gay friends say all the time.

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Move.

LTG : )

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What happened to Jack's leasing plan? Is that still a go for operators?

There was talk of it some time back. I think it was Jack, where he was thinking something like 60% for him, 40% for location, or 30% for location and 10% for someone local to maintain it.

Might work for some. Might not for others.

Time will tell.

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

Just wait plenty will be up for sale. I would love to see
What killing it means coin wise in one week.

I will let you know this coming Monday when I do the week 1 collection

Koz

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

And should have gone to 75¢ in 1991 to have the same buying power.

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Either way, who cares?

The percent of heterosexuals or homosexuals looking for a date I suppose, unless a person is a bisexual, then I guess it really doesn't matter.

#120 11 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Hey KOZ,
What is your pricing set at? $1? What is the pricing on the rest of the pins there?
Nice to hear about earnings from somebody other than Jack.
How is it being accepted from the "regular" players?
-DNO-

$1.50 per play, no deals, although would do 4 for $5 when it becomes available.

All other pins are $1 a play, some at $.50

Regular players are all googly over it, they really are taking to it!

Any other questions, hit me up on FB, Koz

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I was there and was pissed off about it !

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Sorry about that man, are we cool ?

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sorry about that man, are we cool ?

Yeah Vid, I let it go 33 years ago! Hey man , a 15 year old kid don't put .50 cents in a pinball machine !

#124 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I can imagine you standing there pissed off with a mullet listening to Back in Black in your Walkman.

#125 11 years ago

I can see a 15 year old kid put a buck in the machine, you can play the game 50 times for the price of a single console game that you can complete in 2 hours.

Especially if there is an evolution in online capabilities for pinball, I've heard Stern talking about it. It think it has potential anyway. League or individual play with others across the country...and maybe even real time would be interesting.

#126 11 years ago

I clicked this thread for Oz info, instead its 3 pages of BS. This site sucks.

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Wow, I remember when games went from 5 balls for 10 cents to 3 balls/ 2 plays for 25 cents, I've been in this too long!!

Glad to hear WOZ is attracting attention, anything to get the kids away from the redemption ripoffs!!

#128 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

This should be an instant ban...

Yeah, because he said uber.

#129 11 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I clicked this thread for Oz info, instead its 3 pages of BS. This site sucks.

you got the info it was the first post. after that its the same with life, it's called a crapshoot...

#130 11 years ago
Quoted from KOZ-MIPINBALL:

$1.50 per play, no deals, although would do 4 for $5 when it becomes available.
All other pins are $1 a play, some at $.50
Regular players are all googly over it, they really are taking to it!
Any other questions, hit me up on FB, Koz

Damn that's pricey pinball
We're at 50 cents a game here
75 cents if its a premium or LE
I wonder if woz will hit the $1 mark here

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Yep, I was a bit shocked to see $1 plus a game. I have yet to see that over here. Even the Avengers LE I played last week at Shorty's was .75. Pump in $5 and that gets you 11 plays. Was playing for about an hour.

#132 11 years ago

lol well it will be $3 a game here.... $1 was back in the 90s.

#133 11 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

I'm near you and I bought one to operate, and I know at least two more locations that will have them -- Pinball Museum and the Middletown Dreams pin-bar. My pins are .75, as are the ones that Avout operates at Shorty's, Narwhal and several other prominent locations around town. I believe Darryl, who took over Marc O'Farrell's route, charges .75 for the newer Sterns as well.

Doesn't our mutual buddy Masterman operate pins at .75 also? I was pretty sure he did!

#134 11 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Damn that's pricey pinball
We're at 50 cents a game here
I wonder if woz will hit the $1 mark here

There is a lot more competition amongst operators in your area then ours.

#135 11 years ago

I can't believe people are advocating being charged proper money to play a test game with threadbare rule set, random flashing inserts and according to reports quite a few mechanical bugs and software crashes. I wonder how many passers by are totally aware how unfinished the code is that they are being charged $1-$2 for. I bet a few people walked away thinking the game was a bit rubbish too.

It's not a $7k machine until the software is in a finished state and I don't agree it should be taking money yet. I'll be playing Phil's WOZ at the London Pinball Tournament later this month and as far as I know it'll be on Free Play as all these other test machines should be too.

#137 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

I can't believe people are advocating being charged proper money to play a test game with threadbare rule set, random flashing inserts and according to reports quite a few mechanical bugs and software crashes.

I agree, I wouldn't feel comfortable operating it in its current state at all. Much less the totally bare-bones state it was in a month or two ago, when Jack had one set up at iPlay for $1/play.

For me it would be less about feeling like I was fleecing the customer, and more fear that many casual players would form their impressions of the game based on this unfinished version of it.

#138 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Dollar play has been around since about 2004.
And those games were $3600.

The new pins are .75 a play. When does this pin ship out for people that bought it? How is one on location already?

#139 11 years ago

Good to hear, that's what it is all about attracting new customers. People need a new product instead of a stale product. Way to go Jack !

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

I agree, I wouldn't feel comfortable operating it in its current state at all. Much less the totally bare-bones state it was in a month or two ago, when Jack had one set up at iPlay for $1/play.
For me it would be less about feeling like I was fleecing the customer, and more fear that many casual players would form their impressions of the game based on this unfinished version of it.

Haven't you guys ever played a pin out on test? I remember playing W/B on test, Sega, and of course Stern. I thought it was pretty cool to be able to play a game that I hadn't see before, or even heard of for that matter. Sometimes things would break, like the slam ramp on No Good Gophers, or the jump rope on Champion Pub.

Of course, I didn't realize they were "test" games until much later. I don't remember what the pricing was to play these games, but I am sure it wasn't discounted for being a test game. People around here, STL, would jump at the chance to play WOZ, early software or not.

I agree with your point on players possibly forming a poor impression based on an early code play experience. Certainly saw that with XMen. As long as the game is fun in whatever code state it is in then players will still get a good experience for their $$.

#141 11 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

The new pins are .75 a play. When does this pin ship out for people that bought it? How is one on location already?

Actually, new Stern pins are shipping with the $1.00 pricing card already installed. Of course, operators can choose to charge less or more depending on their location.

#142 11 years ago

A small percentage of people who play even understand that a pin has rules, they would pay $1.00 for WOZ, it looks good. The real test like others have said is how does it do after its not the new kid in school.

#143 11 years ago

I'd gladly pay $1.50 to play WOZ if there was one on location near me.

#144 11 years ago

Like a smart vendor guy I know says 'I'd be glad to pay 2 bucks a game if the entertainment value is there'. And that's what we have yet to see, how entertaining WOZ is (most of us anyway).

#145 11 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Like a smart vendor guy I know says 'I'd be glad to pay 2 bucks a game if the entertainment value is there'.

Being it is coin op entertainment.

That is what I tried to keep an eye on. Video games or pinball.

Not the price per play so much as did it match or exceed entertainment value ?

If the entertainment value is there, that is where I will make money.

#146 11 years ago

Kids play the $5 Bar-ber-cut games all the time.

If it was not fun, if it did not get their adrenalin going, if it did not keep them coming back, then those games would not earn the $4k a month that they do.

If WOZ ends up being the greatest pinball machine of all time, then $2+ should not be difficult at all.

#147 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

I can't believe people are advocating being charged proper money to play a test game with threadbare rule set, random flashing inserts and according to reports quite a few mechanical bugs and software crashes. I wonder how many passers by are totally aware how unfinished the code is that they are being charged $1-$2 for. I bet a few people walked away thinking the game was a bit rubbish too.
It's not a $7k machine until the software is in a finished state and I don't agree it should be taking money yet. I'll be playing Phil's WOZ at the London Pinball Tournament later this month and as far as I know it'll be on Free Play as all these other test machines should be too.

I couldn't agree more. Some people just like to take advantage of the situation by charging more because the game is not readily available to play elsewhere on location or in homes yet. The game has been hyped for so damn long and people that ordered it are dying to play it. This gives them the chance to play it while someone else takes advantage of the situation. If this is not taking advantage of a situation, then the cost per game should be the same as all the Stern LE's at the Shark's Club that have the same NIB price tag...$1 per game.

#148 11 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I couldn't agree more. Some people just like to take advantage of the situation by charging more because the game is not readily available to play elsewhere on location or in homes yet. The game has been hyped for so damn long and people that ordered it are dying to play it. This gives them the chance to play it while someone else takes advantage of the situation. If this is not taking advantage of a situation, then the cost per game should be the same as all the Stern LE's at the Shark's Club that have the same NIB price tag...$1 per game.

Oh, you are just bitter it isn't your WOZ on location at the Shark Club pulling in $1.50 per game running basic test code!

#149 11 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

I'd gladly pay $1.50 to play WOZ if there was one on location near me.

And this is because you either have one on order or have been following the hype for the past two years and would like to see if it lives up to the hype. We'll see if this game still gets $1.50 per game 12-18 months after it's released to the general public...my guess...highly doubtful.

#150 11 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Everything costs more when its new and in demand. That is simply business, not taking advantage of anyone.

Now, if they slammed your head in the glass and said "Put money in this game or I am going to break your legs!!" then I think your point is valid. If not, then you can choose not to pay anything. If it is worth $1.50 for you to play then you pay.. if no one is paying they will lower the price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 24.50
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
$ 5.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-killing-it-on-location-at-sharks-club-in-howell-michigan/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.