Topic Stats

• 321 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by lowepg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Jude_photo.jpg
C1.JPG
C1.JPG
C3.JPG
Cricket.jpg
Crickets_Ave.jpg
qjp1.gif
IMG_0006[1].JPG
miata.jpg
wtp.jpg
st.jpg
side-boob.jpg

There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 6 years ago

Wizard of Oz "KILLING IT!" on location at Sharks Club in Howell, Michigan

It has only been 2 days, but the WOZ we have at the Sharks Club in MI is bringing in people out of the woodwork as well as getting all the walk up traffic. Women and kids are playing the game constantly and it is funny to see everyone trying to figure out "who's got next" when playing in groups of 4. Maybe you need to make this a 6 player game Jack or put an option in to ad as many as 8 players

Thanks to Jack and Gary Monarch from Abel Electronics (BEST JJP DISTRIBUTOR OUT THERE IMHO) 27201 Harper Ave St Clair Shores, MI 48081
(586) 777-8232

Also, sign up for the Sharks Club pinball league starting 3/11/13 by emailing me at this address.

Other notes....

If you are bringing a game to MPE, please let me know asap.

If you are playing in Pinbrawl, registration ends Monday, sign up ASAP. Remember, the Grand Prize is a HOBBIT LE

Thanks!!!John Kosmal (MPE Show Promoter)

#2 6 years ago

I would expect it from players, being new and all, but it is real good to hear passers-by getting interested.

#4 6 years ago

It looks like Jack really did bring pinball back like it used to be !

All you doubters owe me $1000 each.

#5 6 years ago

Jack definitely doesn't need to hire a P/R firm...

#6 6 years ago

I played the one in NYC at Two Bits Retro Arcade. I'm now shopping around to see if anyone wants to part with their LE position. I shouldn't say this because I am shopping for one, but I think Jack is hitting it out of the park. With all the hype from both sides (good and bad), finally getting to play 25 games on it answered every question I had.

And seriously, if anyone wants out let me know. I really want to get the LE and the only way I can is if someone sells theirs. If I can't I'll eventually buy the regular one, but the LE just has that little extra. Either way I will end up happy.

#7 6 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-wozle-74

Quoted from DaveH:

And seriously, if anyone wants out let me know. I really want to get the LE and the only way I can is if someone sells theirs. If I can't I'll eventually buy the regular one, but the LE just has that little extra. Either way I will end up happy.

#8 6 years ago

A dollar a play? That's not for me. :p

#9 6 years ago

Great news John! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait till I finally get a chance to play at the TPF next week.

Post edited by txstargazer3 : Typo

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Dollar play has been around since about 2004.

And those games were $3600.

LTG : )

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Any pin made after 1970 isn't for you, Ken!

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from BigOrange:

Jack definitely doesn't need to hire a P/R firm...

most companies who make quality products that are in demand usually don't

KOZ

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

No worries, we have ours set for $1.50 a play ;-P

KOZ

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Thanks. Already sent him a PM.

Dave

Good luck! Can't wait for my LE, but most likely will have to get rid of something to fit it in now and don't want to part with anything.

#16 6 years ago

Can't wait to hear from pinsiders playing it on location! Is the code finished and final product ready to go?

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Is the code finished and final product ready to go?

As soon as it is, there will be about 100 new posts about it.

#18 6 years ago

That's great news! I can't wait until one makes it out west. You got any of those covered wagons headin' this way? I recommend takin' the southern route. Steer clear of the Donner pass this time.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I shoulda sold my 'spot' instead of just getting a refund....

#20 6 years ago

Just wait plenty will be up for sale. I would love to see
What killing it means coin wise in one week.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

I would love to see
What killing it means coin wise in one week.

Usually it takes a month or two for the game to level out in earnings.

We used to put different naked chicks inside the Genesis robot hole, so players would keep playing to see what was in there next.

The most popular coin-wise was a bloody naked Barbi doll. Pinheads are sick.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

We used to put different naked chicks inside the Genesis robot hole, so players would keep playing to see what was in there next.

The most popular coin-wise was a bloody naked Barbi doll. Pinheads are sick.

ROFL!!!! I like your style.... Whatever keeps em' comin' back

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from KOZ-MIPINBALL:

KOZ

Hey KOZ,
What is your pricing set at? $1? What is the pricing on the rest of the pins there?
Nice to hear about earnings from somebody other than Jack.
How is it being accepted from the "regular" players?
-DNO-

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

For reals? You won't pay a dollar to play a $7K game? No wonder I can't find much route pinball. You tightwads are pushing all the Ops to redemption-land, where kids blow through a dollar quicker than I can launch 3 balls.

#25 6 years ago

Shark Club is $1.50 per play (the other 60+ pins are $1 per play).

Marvin's which is 30 miles down the road has WOZ at $1 per play (other pins are cheaper).

#26 6 years ago

This site is gonna blow up when WOZ gets released.

#27 6 years ago

Yeah we will be seeing things like

OMG GUYS JUST GOT MY WOZ IT'S SO EPIWarning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]:<br />
MySQL server has gone away in bb-post.php on line 40
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#29 6 years ago

WOZ will get widespread released shoot to number 1 on the chart and then slowly settle down to it's rightful position.........rinse repeat with most new games released today.

#30 6 years ago

this game will be a classic.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

WOZ will get widespread released shoot to number 1 on the chart and then slowly settle down to it's rightful position.........rinse repeat with most new games released today.

WOZ will get released, shoot to #1 in the rankings with fanboys ranking the game a 10 before they could have possibly spent enough time on it. Then the haters will troll rank it with a rating of 1 to 5 and it will drop (right or wrong) to below the top 10. I don't think ANY game has a shot at the top 3 because of this. Rankings mean nothing.

Basically, it will follow what AC/DC did in the rankings.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Basically, it will follow what AC/DC did in the rankings.

acdc is pushing the top 10

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

acdc is pushing the top 10

Yep, it's slowly creeping up...part of the pattern, but it won't EVER crack the top 3 again! At best, it will settle around where SM did.

#34 6 years ago

Go Jack, go Jersey!

#35 6 years ago

Played the game. It's $1.50 per game and everyone was playing it when I was there. It's fun enough, but it's a tough game. Very technically impressive game with lots of color and a nice screen.

Shark Club games are $0.25 (EM and some SS), $0.50 (Other SS), and $1.00 (Late system 11 and DMD games).

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yep, it's slowly creeping up...part of the pattern, but it won't EVER crack the top 3 again! At best, it will settle around where SM did.

Personally I think SM is better than Any of the top 5 and I thought that before I bought one.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

Personally I think SM is better than Any of the top 5 and I thought that before I bought one.

I wholeheartedly agree.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from KOZ-MIPINBALL:

KOZ

Great to hear this news!

Do you have any discounts for multiple plays? Say four plays for $5.00. Given how different WOZ will look as compared to even the newest Stern, your pricing makes sense to me.

I just can't understand why some people expect pinball per play prices to be frozen in time when everything else about pinball costs significantly more money.

#39 6 years ago

50 cents per ball for a $7K is not too bad. I'm sure the electric to run WOZ is high too... and don't forget the rent, insurance, etc...

#40 6 years ago

You wouldn't believe, old power supplies are like 48% efficient at best compared to new ones that are around 90%+ efficient. When you consider the newer components, absence of a high voltage DMD display, and all LEDs I bet it uses significantly less power than a 90's game.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

You tightwads are pushing all the Ops to redemption-land, where kids blow through a dollar quicker than I can launch 3 balls.

Ain't that the truth, my kids included....

Quoted from scooter:

Well #7 isn't too shabby!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Speed:

Can't believe a bunch of grown boys are shitn themselves over a game with such a girly, gay theme...

Remember that 15% of the population is gay.

That could mean a market of 4.5 million "friends of Dorthy" in the USA alone.

I'd call that brilliant tapping of an untapped market.

#44 6 years ago

Hmm, we must have thousands of girly speedwalkers coming off the streets to play this game on location then, not to mention the people who actually enjoy and appreciate JJP/the game for what it is.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Remember that 15% of the population is gay.
That could mean a market of 4.5 million "friends of Dorthy" in the USA alone.
I'd call that brilliant tapping of an untapped market.

You must be living in San Francisco .
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/05/americans-have-no-idea-how-few-gay-people-there-are/257753/

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperTurbo:

You must be living in San Francisco .

Worse, Ohio.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I played the one in NYC at Two Bits Retro Arcade. I'm now shopping around to see if anyone wants to part with their LE position. I shouldn't say this because I am shopping for one, but I think Jack is hitting it out of the park. With all the hype from both sides (good and bad), finally getting to play 25 games on it answered every question I had.

So what are the freaking hours at 2 Bit? I was there around 1pm one day and it was closed. ((((

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Yeah we will be seeing things like
OMG GUYS JUST GOT MY WOZ IT'S SO EPIWarning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]:
MySQL server has gone away in bb-post.php on line 40

Glitch in the Matrix?

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Speed:

Can't believe a bunch of grown boys are shitn themselves over a game with such a girly, gay theme... badass pinball game should contain more than pretty lights and an lcd/led packed wooden box. Theme is uber lame - especially when there are so many other awesome nerdy themes to choose from... WOZ lovers - especially those who have never even played the game - have truly taken classic nerd (which is cool) to a whole new level of pathetic, needy nerd (not so cool).

Have any Steve Ritchie games had babes in the artwork? Such macho games...so few babes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 11,500.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 321 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside