British_cop.gif
P1070116.JPG
P1070117.JPG
P1070114.JPG
spockzoomin.gif
arnold_shut_up.gif
image.jpg
cinema-not-in-kansas.jpg
There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wonder if JJP is going to start installing 40 amp power supply's on all new machines?

When I was at the factory that was what was going on.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : I was already a team member when I saw bigger power supplies going in.

#202 10 years ago

LOTR shipped with underrated fuses too.

Shit happens, be it Stern or JJP.

Glad to hear the fuse & LED issues were so quickly resolved.

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Disclaimer : I was already a team member when I saw bigger power supplies going in.

That's great news! You guys have been on top of all issues and that's great to see. Pumped to get my game!

#204 10 years ago

Friend went to the beach excited to play. Did not work out.
WOZ...second ball, shoot the castle door on on an upper playfield. Make the shot. Ball gets stuck. Can't recover. Told attendant who said it would take while to fix. Went back later and he gave me 3 free games. Last ball, second player, same shot into the castle door, ball sticks again and machine unable to retrieve. Get attend, play last game WITHout trying to make castle door shot. Gave up on WOZ. Depressing. Gameplay was sort of slow as well. Will give it another chance at a different location!
And..
Such a disappointment this first play though.
Rehobeth beach arcade.

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Rehobeth beach arcade.

Maybe you should go farther south to Bethany where I am originally from

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

WOZ...second ball, shoot the castle door on on an upper playfield. Make the shot. Ball gets stuck. Can't recover. Told attendant who said it would take while to fix. Went back later and he gave me 3 free games. Last ball, second player, same shot into the castle door, ball sticks again and machine unable to retrieve. Get attend, play last game WITHout trying to make castle door shot. Gave up on WOZ. Depressing. Gameplay was sort of slow as well. Will give it another chance at a different location!
And..
Rehobeth beach arcade.

Castle door problem was fixed in 1.14. Do you know what version it was? I can ping the op and see if they need help upgrading?

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

And..
Rehobeth beach arcade.

Must be a prototype

Or old software

Or not dialed in

Or from a non approved distributor

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Must be a prototype
Or old software
Or not dialed in
Or from a non approved distributor

If ignorance is bliss, you must be ecstatic.

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

If ignorance is bliss, you must be ecstatic.

If I were ignorant I'd disrespect the community that buys from my employer

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If I were ignorant I'd disrespect the community that buys from my employer

A single person does not a community make.

community[ kuh-myoo-ni-tee ]
noun plural com·mu·ni·ties.
1. a social group of any size whose members reside in a specific locality, share government, and often have a common cultural and historical heritage.
2. a locality inhabited by such a group.
3. a social, religious, occupational, or other group sharing common characteristics or interests and perceived or perceiving itself as distinct in some respect from the larger society within which it exists (usually preceded by the): the business community; the community of scholars.

And for someone who talks so much crap about woz, you seem to have quite the love for the developer (2x) and designer

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

A single person does not a community make.
community[ kuh-myoo-ni-tee ]
noun plural com·mu·ni·ties.
1. a social group of any size whose members reside in a specific locality, share government, and often have a common cultural and historical heritage.
2. a locality inhabited by such a group.
3. a social, religious, occupational, or other group sharing common characteristics or interests and perceived or perceiving itself as distinct in some respect from the larger society within which it exists (usually preceded by the): the business community; the community of scholars.

Lol typical Alex

You win dude!

#212 10 years ago

Alex, your in for a rough ride until the waters settle. Op's dont even keep their games clean and in working order, nevermind upgradeing software.

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Alex, your in for a rough ride until the waters settle. Op's dont even keep their games clean and in working order, nevermind upgradeing software.

Yeah I know. Doesn't hurt to try though. I've literally spoken to 25 ops ok various locations and try to keep on top of them to keep games upgraded. Some are great and others just empty the Coin box.

#214 10 years ago

Welp if they were smart its in their best interest to upgrade along with keeping their machines working. I think its great that you are reaching out to them..

#215 10 years ago

All I know is Rebobeth. Hopefully they figure it out.

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

All I know is Rebobeth. Hopefully they figure it out.

Shit, I'm heading there this Saturday. We are staying for a week. I'll check it out, hopefully they have all the problems figured out by then.

Pappy

#217 10 years ago

Before any new code is updated from 1.14 let me just suggest a better ball search so I don't have to constantly take off the glass to release the balls from the ramp lock. Even if I turn off the machine the balls are stuck until I remove the glass. There is no ball search to lift the lock lever, and it gets stuck with 3 balls there 90% of the time. I had to remove the glass at the party and adjust the lever at least 6 or 7 times. It is clearly a software problem and not a hardware problem. Fix the release when three balls are in the ramp lock lever! I'm tired of hearing 3 clicks of the solenoid and not enough power to lift the lever. With 2 or less balls I can hear the solenoid firing much stronger, and it works everytime. 3 balls in the lock and not so much.

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Before any new code is updated from 1.14 let me just suggest a better ball search so I don't have to constantly take off the glass to release the balls from the ramp lock. Even if I turn off the machine the balls are stuck until I remove the glass. There is no ball search to lift the lock lever, and it gets stuck with 3 balls there 90% of the time. I had to remove the glass at the party and adjust the lever at least 6 or 7 times. It is clearly a software problem and not a hardware problem. Fix the release when three balls are in the ramp lock lever! I'm tired of hearing 3 clicks of the solenoid and not enough power to lift the lever. With 2 or less balls I can hear the solenoid firing much stronger, and it works everytime. 3 balls in the lock and not so much.

Are you sure it's software? I have 1.14 and have played about 130 games. I've never seen this happen on my WOZ.

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

That was happening constantly with the Flippers WoZ when I tried playing it as well.... i thought it was just "another prototype issue."

The software "seemed" to want to lift the lever during the ball search (it moved a little), but it never actually lifted enough to release a ball. You'd think after 10 tries, it would just put another ball in play...

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Are you sure it's software? I have 1.14 and have played about 130 games. I've never seen this happen on my WOZ.

I haven't seen that either. Also if the game is set to release balls on game over it never has trouble doing so. At least not on mine. Vic, open a ticket and pm me. Should be easy to figure out. Not a software bug though.

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

That was happening constantly with the Flippers WoZ when I tried playing it as well.... i thought it was just "another prototype issue."
The software "seemed" to want to lift the lever during the ball search (it moved a little), but it never actually lifted enough to release a ball. You'd think after 10 tries, it would just put another ball in play...

I will look carefully tonight when I play. Seriously, I've never seen this. What level is the playfield set at? I wonder if there is a solenoid strength setting for that coil? If so, what is yours set at?

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I will look carefully tonight when I play. Seriously, I've never seen this. What level is the playfield set at? I wonder if there is a solenoid strength setting for that coil? If so, what is yours set at?

Sorry, we posted at the same time. Alex is on the ball. He will get you fixed up. Good luck.

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lloyd, would a std Woz built on 7/9 have the bigger supply in it? Going to pick mine up this afternoon and that was it's build date.

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Lloyd, would a std Woz built on 7/9 have the bigger supply in it? Going to pick mine up this afternoon and that was it's build date.

Possibly. When you get it, pm me and we will take a look. Lloyd was here in June.

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Going to pick mine up this afternoon and that was it's build date.

Congrats. Have fun.

pappy

#226 10 years ago

lowepg said

"That was happening constantly with the Flippers WoZ when I tried playing it as well.... i thought it was just "another prototype issue."

The software "seemed" to want to lift the lever during the ball search (it moved a little), but it never actually lifted enough to release a ball. You'd think after 10 tries, it would just put another ball in play... "

This is exactly what is happening. I changed the settings to release balls after each game but this does not help because the game is not over. Turning the machine off and back on does not release the balls. Pressing the start button does not release the balls. The only thing left to do is remove the glass. I did open a ticket and I was able to "adjust" the mech to work more reliably but it is not perfect. The ball search needs to be fixed. The front legs are all the way down the back legs an inch from all the way up.

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Possibly. When you get it, pm me and we will take a look. Lloyd was here in June.

Okay, it's here and setup in our tv room. Game #291. Everything is working perfect out of the box so far. I have only two small comments so far.

1. Right hand side of the apron is awefully bare. No printed rules card/sticker yet?

2. The frosted bulbs in the GI cannot compete with the brightness level of the RGBs in the inserts. I am going to try some different bulbs in the GI, assuming they have normal sockets.

Other than that, when is the next software update!

This is an amazing pin so far.

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

2. The frosted bulbs in the GI cannot compete with the brightness level of the RGBs in the inserts. I am going to try some different bulbs in the GI, assuming they have normal sockets.

No sockets.

In a future update they will be adjustable.

Disclaimer : I got this one right !

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Okay, it's here and setup in our tv room. Game #291. Everything is working perfect out of the box so far. I have only two small comments so far.
1. Right hand side of the apron is awefully bare. No printed rules card/sticker yet?
Other than that, when is the next software update!
This is an amazing pin so far.

Also this is a standard? It should have come with pricing cards/stickers.

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

2. The frosted bulbs in the GI cannot compete with the brightness level of the RGBs in the inserts....

Definitely agree, GI is way too dim for the almost blinding feature lamps. It will be nice to be able to adjust them.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#231 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Also this is a standard? It should have come with pricing cards/stickers.

Yes, it's a Standard and no, no pricing card/stickers. ;( Just a dotted square in the lower right that screams "put card here".

After closer inspection of the GI, I see that it's a frosted LED extension. Did they look at clear jeweled extensions? Those transmit a lot more light than the frosted stuff they're using now. (I deal with a lot of this stuff in LED Xmas lighting)

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Yes, it's a Standard and no, no pricing card/stickers. ;( Just a dotted square in the lower right that screams "put card here".
After closer inspection of the GI, I see that it's a frosted LED extension. Did they look at clear jeweled extensions? Those transmit a lot more light than the frosted stuff they're using now. (I deal with a lot of this stuff in LED Xmas lighting)

Aren't the cards in the goodie bag?

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Aren't the cards in the goodie bag?

They should be. Gary if there are no pricing stickers let me know ill get them sent. If you want a free play sticker. Or you can print your own

#234 10 years ago

The only card in the LE was freeplay. No pricing stickers. The GI is almost non-existent. Playing WOZ in low light is darn near impossible. The flashing inserts need to be toned down so the player can focus on shots that need to be made.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 91.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-issues/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.